Green Day

Started by apple sauce, Sep 13, 2005, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joost

I don't think they're just SLF rip offs. I think they were just as much influenced by the Ramones, the Buzzcocks and the earlier Lookout bands.

I don't know if they're geniis (nice word...). I used to think not because their music is so simple, but after years of writing songs myself I found out that writing a dozen good three chord songs is probably much harder than writing a dozen good songs without any limitations...

i think they suck..(sorry-americanism)

somedude210

i second that. and American Idiot sucked ass as a "protest" song. protest my ass. just a great way to cash in
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Joost

Quote from: somedude210i second that. and American Idiot sucked ass as a "protest" song. protest my ass. just a great way to cash in

Why can't people just accept that there actually are some rock stars that are greatful that they've got a platform to express their opinions, and want to use it for what they consider important issues?

And still I'd rather hear half-harted political songs than that dumb rock jock nonsense that people like Fred Durst of Kid Rock write...

Quote from: somedude210i second that. and American Idiot sucked ass as a "protest" song. protest my ass. just a great way to cash in

yeah, also, immature title, lyrics...they should act there age now, how old are they? proberly bout 40 now, so i think they should really forget it..plus they suck ass at their instruments.

apple sauce

Say what you want the guys know how to write "hit" songs! They have staged prehaps the biggest comeback in the History of Rock! Sold out concerts along with millions in record sales! They deserve every penny of it!

pc31

McCartney

I just like American Idiot cuz it's really catchy. I like that guitar riff. A lot of their songs are catchy.

apple sauce

The thing that really stands out about this cd is how a band who didn't bring out a cd for 5 years could write something as good from a rock/song standpoint. The band also cleverly ran the videos in succession to tell a biger story about the cd. Green Day were pretty well written off in the world of rock and they returned with a multimillion selling cd and sold out tour !

pc31

you got paid to say that i bet.....

apple sauce

"No" just a casual observation of clever marketing.

Pasta Cheif

Maybe during the first couple of albums they were inclined to resurrect Punk, but they were never Grunge. Now that they're selling millions and winning Grammies and s**t, I would consider them more pop.

And for the record, Green Day I don't think they suck, I actually enjoy some of their recent songs but favor the early ones.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

fendertele

meh i dont dislike them to the same point i dislike the cheeky girls but i would never by any of there stuff, if i can remember dookie had some  good tracks.

Dmitry

Anybody interested in their new album ¡Uno!

Did you listen to it? What do you think?

I see only one nice song Kill The DJ  roll:)