Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Classic 60's songs: White Rabbit  (Read 8757 times)

KelMar

Re: Classic 60's songs: White Rabbit
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »

And I respect that. But I'd also like to know your opinion, not specifically on such donors, but on the wealth distribution in the world. That's the original point I was trying to make.

I try not to get involved in online debates. It can be difficult enough communicating true intent without visual cues, even when a topic is benign. That's why I limited my involvement here to an expression of gratitude for what Barry and others in his position have done. But if you really want my opinion, I will share it. You might not like it, though.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »

I try not to get involved in online debates. It can be difficult enough communicating true intent without visual cues, even when a topic is benign. That's why I limited my involvement here to an expression of gratitude for what Barry and others in his position have done. But if you really want my opinion, I will share it. You might not like it, though.

I also admire what Barry has done. If fact, I think people who put their time and body on such causes are much more admirable than people who just give money, even though money is also needed. But I want to make it clear that I'm not against those donations, I was referring to a completely different theme.

I'd like to know your opinion whether I agree with you or not. In fact, I tend to learn from different opinions than mine. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that, I don't want you to feel forced.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:20:26 AM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

KelMar

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 01:46:31 AM »

I'd like to know your opinion whether I agree with you or not. In fact, I tend to learn from different opinions than mine. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that, I don't want you to feel forced.

I'd rather stay out of this particular discussion except to say that very few, if any, issues are black and white.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2017, 03:35:08 AM »

I'd rather stay out of this particular discussion except to say that very few, if any, issues are black and white.

I respect your decision. And I don't think this issue is black and white either. I just think there are two bad and unfair extremes: savage capitalism and communism. In the former system freedom is privileged over equality; and the opposite happens in the latter system. I'd like a moderate capitalism where anyone can progress with his/her own effort but without trespassing an absurd limit. And I don't believe in giving the same to everyone, but I do believe in promoting the equality of opportunities, or at least reducing the disadvantages that many people suffer due to their unfortunate origin. A starting point would be considering that education and health are rights and not privileges.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 42 queries.