Beatles forums > Songs

Tell Me What You See

<< < (3/5) > >>

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: tkitna on February 11, 2013, 01:21:02 AM ---It was done in a very sloppy manner though Barry. That was my point. The song would definitely benefit from some tightening up from a studio standpoint. It just seems like they went in and knocked this one out asap if you get my drift.

--- End quote ---

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 11, 2013, 01:05:26 AM ---Don't get me wrong, I like this song very much!
Take another listen to those vocals, Dave.  They're very well thought out and sung with both John and Paul taking turns singing melody and harmony vocals.  There's a bit of double tracking in there too.

The electric piano Paul plays is the Hohner Pianet C which makes an appearance on the Salisbury Plain...

The Night Before

--- End quote ---

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: tkitna on February 11, 2013, 08:08:47 AM ---The song was done in 4 takes.

--- End quote ---

Not too shabby for just four tries!

--- Quote from: tkitna on February 11, 2013, 08:08:47 AM ---Here's what Paul thought of it-
    I seem to remember it as mine. I would claim it as a 60-40 but it might have been totally me. Not awfully memorable. Not one of the better songs but they did a job, they were very handy for albums or b-sides. You need those kind of sides.

--- End quote ---

What does Paul know anyway!   ;D

--- Quote from: tkitna on February 11, 2013, 08:08:47 AM ---(I'm just busting your chops Barry. The songs just fine and if you like it, thats awesome. I dont hate it and cringe when I hear it, its just that its not one my favorites. Anyways, just poking fun and its all cool as long as you like it so dont be hating on me.)

--- End quote ---

I know, Todd.  And I've always enjoyed your down-to-earth feelings about The Beatles.  It's just that I really like this song...and the line

If you let me take your heart
I will prove to you
We will never be apart
If I'm part of you

I guess I'm an incurable romantic.

Dcazz:
I.ve relistened to the vocals a number of times and they're pretty good! I definatly like it.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on April 03, 2013, 02:35:33 PM ---I.ve relistened to the vocals a number of times and they're pretty good! I definatly like it.

--- End quote ---

See?  I knew you would!

Now go tell Paul what you see.

(If it really is Paul)

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version