Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beatles Banjo  (Read 15011 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Beatles Banjo
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 03:56:10 PM »

Quote from: 284
someone a flikr has one...http://flickr.com/photos/28285678@N00/2570521025http://www.mybeatles.net/imagesmem/banjo_mastro.html no luck here huh?

neither of the boxes have the beatles image...i am telling you epstien was very particular in his leasing agreements...there were very few products that carried an endorsement from the beatles to produce legal products....no i'm not the buyer.....i wish i had one....i would sell it... ;)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »

maybe this guy got it....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 04:04:14 PM »

briangg57

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »

I'm sorry, but if you click on this and scroll down just a bit, you will see the the Beatles are all over the Boxes. http://www.eskimo.com/~bpentium/beatles/bongos.html - The last picture you sent, does have the Beatles image on the headstock like mine and the neck looks brownish red, not a good pic of the banjo. You can hardly make out the pic. of them on the headstock. And if you look at my first picture in this post, you will see that my lighting wasn't good either. You can't even tell that my banjo is red until I turned it sideways in my 3rd or forth picture. compare that last picture you posted with my first and second one. That banjo you just posted is red.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 04:14:42 AM »

i meant the banjo boxes don't have them onit...

briangg57

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 02:47:13 PM »

I cleaned her up and she looks great. I'm going to try to post a pic. if it works I'll add more. I'm pretty sure I'll be listing it on E-BAY in the next couple of days.

briangg57

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »

OK, IT WORKED. As you may know, I got this 1964 Mastro Beatles banjo and it has a small chip in the back plate, so I bought a regular Mastro banjo and had the backplate painted at the car body shop. When I sell my banjo, I'm going to include the regular Mastro banjo because all the gold trim and the newly painted back plate are an EXACT same part and if someone drops the original Beatles banjo and breaks the gold trim, you can swap it out for the spare part in less than 5 min. also If they want a perfect backplate instead of the chipped original, that takes 1 min. to swap. It snaps on and off exactly like a tupperware container lid. Here are some pics. 1st is a poor pic. of both banjos. The lighting isn't the best.

this is the regular Mastro banjo that I'm going to include for spare parts. All the trim is EXACTLY the SAME.

next is the original chipped backplate and the newly painted one from the regular banjo.

this is the Beatles banjo with the chipped back.

this is the Banjo with the newly painted backplate on it.

again, pic with me pointing to chip on original backplate.

this is the newly painted backplate.

this is a small ding that isn't visible when the bridge is in place, I found it when I took it apart for cleaning.

this is the face after cleaning

this is the headstock after cleaning.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »

it looks great B....someone will be very happy.....i don't think that anyone would be sure that back plates was changed....
repair work with original parts can't be termed repair can they?just putting it back to original...
you might get a lower price if you included all that history of the rope,gum and back plate...you don't have to disclose everything..it's not lying...
good luck with the auction...i hope you make a million on it..lol set a reserve tho...that way you can get what you want...

briangg57

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »

it looks great B....someone will be very happy.....i don't think that anyone would be sure that back plates was changed....
repair work with original parts can't be termed repair can they?just putting it back to original...
you might get a lower price if you included all that history of the rope,gum and back plate...you don't have to disclose everything..it's not lying...
good luck with the auction...i hope you make a million on it..lol set a reserve tho...that way you can get what you want...
..................................................................................................................................................................
Thanks alot, I just listed it a few min. ago. I feel bad because some really nice guy from CA. contacted me and offered my fiance $2,500.00 for it. He wanted it real bad. I explained that money was real tight for us and I had to take a chance to see what I could get for it. I told him I wouldn't list it if he offered $3,000.00 but he couldn't do it. He's a real collector and sent a pic of his super nice collection. If we weren't so broke, Deb would have sold it to him.

briangg57

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 12:54:25 AM »

For 3 more days :) Moderators, PLEASE don't put this at the end of my other post because everyone already read that and is not going to read it again. Thankyou, Brian. I SAID PLEASE!!!! LOL

BlueMeanie

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 01:38:55 AM »

Quote from: 1882
For 3 more days :) Moderators, PLEASE don't put this at the end of my other post because everyone already read that and is not going to read it again. Thankyou, Brian. I SAID PLEASE!!!! LOL

Sorry, but two threads about your Beatles banjo is one too many. And seeing as I just had to delete the same thread from 3 other forums here, don't expect my tolerance to be high.

Of course, the smart thing would be to post a link to the auction on ebay. :-/

briangg57

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 02:45:39 AM »

This is and old post and nobody is going to read it again. Why is it that other people have posted about Beatles things for sale on E-Bay and I can't. My topic is not the same. Can't you at least let me list it in the selling forum? Isn't that what it's for??

BlueMeanie

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 02:51:21 AM »

To be perfectly honest, you've been posting about your banjo for a while, and really only got one person interested in it. I don't think another thread is going to help.

As a warning to you, if you post another thread about it, I will delete it. One is enough. I've spent enough time tonight on your threads.

briangg57

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 02:59:29 AM »

Quote from: 483
To be perfectly honest, you've been posting about your banjo for a while, and really only got one person interested in it. I don't think another thread is going to help.

As a warning to you, if you post another thread about it, I will delete it. One is enough. I've spent enough time tonight on your threads.
you're a total a**hole screw you and your site to

BlueMeanie

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 03:04:24 AM »

Goodbye then. I shall miss our little chats, but we'll soldier on.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »

Quote from: 483

you consider me a people??you and bobber have been red-necking around the 4ums for a few months now...you are being kind of overly critical in a few instances...but i saw a few times it was needed as well as a few times i thought it was pushy...try not to be overts...if you can help it...i am sure either one of you would have been glad to ban me permenately at one time or another...
so try a little kindness...i do love your cynicisms tho...lol

BlueMeanie

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 07:15:36 PM »

Marshall, with respect, you weren't online last night when this guy wasted a hour of my time. First of all his way of telling us that he'd put it on ebay was to start 4 identical threads in 4 different forums. I deleted 3 of them, and merged the other one with this thread. Fair enough? I couldn't see the need for a separate thread for his auction. This one has been going for a month, and so far has attracted only your interest. I thought that 2 threads about one man's Beatles banjo was one too many, when he's clearly only on here to sell it, and not interested in the rest of the forums.

I explain this to him, he starts another thread complaining about it. He sends me a PM complaining about it. I explain to him again, and ask him not to do it. He throws his toys out of the pram and gets insulting. The End.

Of course Bobber and I, and the rest could always stop moderating for a couple of weeks and watch the forum degenerate into chaos. Your choice.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

i know what has been going on....i know he went overboard and cares nothing about the forum...i know the necessity of order also...and ask you forgive my butting in...just consider what i said...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 07:37:22 PM »

I forgive your 'butting in', he's welcome to post his ebay auction on this thread, without getting insulting. He's correct when he says there's only 2 rules for posting. But as I pointed out to him, there's also common sense. And one of the rules is: no personal insults.

Bobber

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »

you consider me a people??you and bobber have been red-necking around the 4ums for a few months now...you are being kind of overly critical in a few intances...but i saw a few times it was needed as well as a few times i thought it was pushy...try not to be overts...if you can help it...i am sure either one of you would have been glad to ban me permenately at one time or another...
so try a little kindness...i do love your cynicisms tho...lol

Anyone else having problems with the way these boards are adminned and modded? Oh, wait, I know someone.  We're kind whenever we can, because we ARE kind. I personally don't feel I'm rednecking in here, but if I am, so be it. I will have another look at my soft side tho. I'll give the kids an extra hug tonight. Now, are you behaving like a Sun King?  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.434 seconds with 74 queries.