Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beatles Capitol Albums on CD available for pre-order on Amazon UK  (Read 10102 times)

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
Re: Beatles Capitol Albums on CD available for pre-order on Amazon UK
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 03:27:32 AM »

2ch  Was planning to buy the Box Set until I just read that it's the 2009 UK remaster mixes that where used for the LPs.  Surely that's not correct is it?  Can someone who's listened to these inform me?  I grew up with the Capitol versions and have Volumes 1 & 2 as well as a complete set of Ebbets U.S. Capitol releases which are great.  I wanted to buy the new box set because it's a "legitimate release" but I don't want it if it's not the original U.S. Capitol versions.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 03:28:44 AM »

I wanted to buy the new box set because it's a "legitimate release" but I don't want it if it's not the original U.S. Capitol versions.

That's why I'm happy with my set of US Capitol LPs bought when they were first released.  Listening to them is the only way to recreate the experience of hearing them for the first time.  No CD set for sale today set can ever sound like that.

The second best thing to do is digitalize the LPs and burn them to CDs much the way I copied them to cassettes in the 1980s.
I can stay till it's time to go

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »

2ch  Was planning to buy the Box Set until I just read that it's the 2009 UK remaster mixes that where used for the LPs.  Surely that's not correct is it?  Can someone who's listened to these inform me?  I grew up with the Capitol versions and have Volumes 1 & 2 as well as a complete set of Ebbets U.S. Capitol releases which are great.  I wanted to buy the new box set because it's a "legitimate release" but I don't want it if it's not the original U.S. Capitol versions.

This lists what mixes were used on the new release.  Scroll down to post 17.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/beatles-capitol-cds-part-12.341037/
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »

Having a listen now. Good nostalgia. These are the ones I grew up with. If you call this grown up.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 02:51:14 AM »

Thanks for the replies, fellas.  The Hoffman link was informative and confirmed what I had read elsewhere.  I think I'll buy only a select few of these rather than the entire box set. 
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 47 queries.