Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Wiggles vs. Disney Channel Australia  (Read 810 times)

danielcelano

• A Beginning
The Wiggles vs. Disney Channel Australia
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »

The Wiggles have a lot of similarities from the Beatles but what we don't understand is that most people of Australia don't watch The Wiggles and Disney Channel at the same time, not even a Disneyland special. But what if somebody has it with a clearer high copy? I'll show you an example.

http://wiggles.wikia.com/wiki/File:AnthonyatSleepingBeauty'sCastle.jpg

nimrod

Re: The Wiggles vs. Disney Channel Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »

The Wiggles have a lot of similarities from the Beatles but what we don't understand is that most people of Australia don't watch The Wiggles and Disney Channel at the same time, not even a Disneyland special. But what if somebody has it with a clearer high copy? I'll show you an example.

http://wiggles.wikia.com/wiki/File:AnthonyatSleepingBeauty'sCastle.jpg

Ive never even seen them, been in Oz since 1987

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:45:25 AM »

Ive never even seen them, been in Oz since 1987

The Wiggles are a toddler/young kids group. So unless you have kids that age you wouldn't know much about them.

They were very clever though. They saw a market niche to target young kids of baby boomers. Basically give them their own Beatles. It's worked well although the original band has basically folded. Only one member is left with a bunch of newbies. I think since that happened their star has dimmed somewhat.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 01:49:55 AM »

My girls used to LOVE the Wiggles. I still get some of the songs stuck in my head sometimes. They did remind me a bit of the Beatles, in that each of the four members had a distinct style/personality.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 02:16:01 AM »

My girls used to LOVE the Wiggles. I still get some of the songs stuck in my head sometimes. They did remind me a bit of the Beatles, in that each of the four members had a distinct style/personality.

They diminished the brand a bit when one of the originals had to pull out through a degenerative illness. They replaced him with his stand in. But then a couple of years later suddenly dumped the replacement and put the original back in. It was rumoured that the original member had financial problems and needed to come out of retirement. It was badly handled and affected their popularity.   Then not long after that they announced anyway that all but one were quitting and being replaced by a younger group. 

Not a textbook example  of proper succession planning. I think they got stuck in between a perception of themselves as a genuine band, like the Beatles, and a children's entertainment concept which was less dependent on who was filling the  coloured shirts.

Page created in 1.437 seconds with 42 queries.