Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Walls & Bridges  (Read 5724 times)

Runforyourlife

Re: Walls & Bridges
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 03:20:26 AM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1081459377,s=1 date=1084563920]If some of you don't have an opinion whether positive or negative about John's solo album Walls & Bridges then why call yourselves Beatles fans!!![/quote]

Now wait a minute bub...Anyone can be a Beatles fan and not give a care whatsoever for their solo music. Its a matter of choice, preference, and so forth. Just calm it down...:)

I for one disagree with your assessment of Walls and Bridges. Then again, I disagree with a lot of the negativity displayed on this forum towards John's solo music. I may have just jumped on this board, but believe me I'm no obsessive John-worshipping teenie who thinks everything he did was perfect. I know better, and yet I pretty much love everything he did on my own initiative. I just think he was brilliant and I'm super big on his music.

W&B is a great, fun album. He sounds wonderful, there are terrific songs, and I enjoy listening to it all the way- except for Ya Ya, but that's not a big deal. I love this album! Word is it will be remastered and remixed this year so I'll be getting my copy. I love all the remasters so far. :)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 08:26:47 AM »

This album has little filler....and what is filler is so mercifully short that it doesn't affect the listening experience much.....I have no idea why people like Mind Games, as this collection of songs is very creative and well formed, while MG was just rather dull to me...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 10:35:18 PM »

table for two waiter..........

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 03:26:06 AM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1081459377,s=20 date=1088047226]

Not wait a minute bub...Anyone can be a Beatles fan and not give a care whatsoever for their solo music. Its a matter of choice, preference, and so forth. Just calm it down...:)

*******Amen!

I for one disagree with your assessment of Walls and Bridges. Then again, I disagree with a lot of the negativity displayed on this forum towards John's solo music. I may have just jumped on this board, but believe me I'm no obsessive John-worshipping teenie who thinks everything he did was perfect. I know better, and yet I pretty much love everything he did on my own initiative. I just think he was brilliant and I'm super big on his music.

*******The thing is, John's music and Paul's music is great in its way.  And where Paul is overly-accessible John's is much more non-accessible.  Style, really.

W&B is a great, fun album. He sounds wonderful, there are terrific songs, and I enjoy listening to it all the way- except for Ya Ya, but that's not a big deal. I love this album! Word is it will be remastered and remixed this year so I'll be getting my copy. I love all the remasters so far. :)[/quote]

*******No fan of Balls and Widges, but you're not alone in your opinion.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2004, 06:57:28 PM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1081459377,s=21 date=1088065607]I have no idea why people like Mind Games, as this collection of songs is very creative and well formed, while MG was just rather dull to me...[/quote]

Oh, I LOVE Mind Games. Maybe because it sort of grew on me longer, but I still listen to it. I only dislike one track on there, and then there's that pointless "Nutopian Bull-sh*t Anthem"

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 07:54:55 PM »

WALLS AND BRIDGES is the third best Lennon album, right after PLASTIC ONO BAND and IMAGINE. It's got some great songs on it, and a variety - love songs, rockers, an instrumental. Also contains John's then - #1 hit, "Whatever Gets You Thru the night".

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 12:46:42 AM »

Agree with Runforyourlife.
Mind Games and Walls And Bridges are my favourite albums of John.
In every album I listen to I find two or three songs I don't like but I always listen to a whole abum and so I can say if I like it or not.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 44 queries.