Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing John  (Read 2904 times)

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
  • in the middle of the roundabout
Re: Missing John
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:15 AM »

Just that my collection is not nearly enough big as I want it to be.
hah
Idk.
I just thought maybe I needed more things.
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

laiyt

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »

i miss john too):
i hate the killer who kill john):
<br />                  [size=14] I l0ve BeaTles Forever(:[/size]

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
  • in the middle of the roundabout
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »

AGREED.
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

iamheandwearealltogether

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »

I know that feeling. He touched our hearts with his beautiful and unique lyrics and songs and inspires us giving strength to pursue our dreams. Thus sometimes as I start listening to the first verses of imagine a nostalgic feeling comes along and I just start thinking about him. He was such a great man and a great artist and he gave us so much and I wonder if he could have given more than he did, he left such a great legacy along with his contributions for peace on earth and his name and this will never vanish, it will last forever. After everything he did he deserved to witness the reborn of a new and better world, a world with peace, brotherhood of man and justice with no fear nor violence or war.
He not only gave us beautiful songs he showed us that and that we can have peace if we want it. He left a new meaning of peace and proved it is possible and made us dream about it, the first step till it comes true and we must thank him for that. All we can do is honor him by remembering him with joy and thankfulness. I think it
<br />Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup...

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »

Quote from: 1539
I know that feeling. He touched our hearts with his beautiful and unique lyrics and songs and inspires us giving strength to pursue our dreams.

very well put!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

The Dude

• A Beginning
  • Abides
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:55 AM »

I think what always inspires me about John is that he wore his heart on his sleeve. He was outspoken but he was brutally honest. He was fiery but also passionate. His passion and his honesty, whether it was manifested in his lyrics, his writings or the various interviews he did, are an example to everybody. He also inspired his peers and helped to shape a completely new generation's outlook on life, peace and love.

That's what I miss about him. If he were alive today, collecting his pension at the age of 68, I'm sure he would be a very vocal critic of the war in Iraq. At the same time I'm sure he'd be making great music.
'Did you ever hear of the Seattle Seven? That was me.... and... six other guys.'

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »

Brandon Flowers of the Killers on "GOD":
"There`ll always be 15-year-olds who discuver the Beatles. But I really appreciated Lennon for how strong his solo work was. A lot of people lose it - whatever "it" is - and he didn`t. "God" ends with this beautiful thing where he says, "I was the Dreamweaver but now I`m reborn / I was the Walrus, but now I`m John." It just melts my heart every time. It shows that he kind of came full circle. He went through the drugs and everything, but came back to being John and being proud of it and telling the whole world."
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 57 queries.