Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: so sad that I didn't know  (Read 8606 times)

Re: so sad that I didn't know
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2004, 07:53:29 PM »

Most Lennon fans don't endorse someone *really* capping him (tho it is not bad to think about once a year around Dec eighth).

But most fans know that SOMEone will.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2004, 07:57:15 PM »

[quote by=Heather_Michele link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092973893,s=0 date=1092973893]The worse part of the documentary was that they tried to justify Chapman's actions kinda, because he was "mentaly ill".

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2004, 09:04:12 PM »

Finding god...
A true sign of how religion is merely a tool for the shallow-forced like nature of Human-self pity.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2004, 03:23:12 AM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092973893,s=21 date=1093895835]

That's not an excuse, but the only logical explanation if you ask me...
[/quote]

Exactly.  A sane person does not think of doing what he did.

But there's a real fine line.  We all tend to know when we're screwing up.  At some point someone has to let it in, go with it instead of fight it and/or seek help.

That's where the crime starts.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2004, 05:25:29 AM »

I don't know. What we think of as sane my not be so. There are some people that just have absolutly NO concience whatsoever and so they do not feel compassion, guilt, and so on. Yet they can mimic it perfectly an do so because they know that this is the norm. So does this mean that they are insane? They know enough about appropriate behavior in order to be able to display it when needed, yet they choose not to follow the rules of society anyway because they think they are above it. I don't know. It's a fine line between insanity and willfull defiance.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004, 06:40:42 AM »

I don't wish the guy (MC) the best or the worst.......I don't recommment him to get out of jail though........if you know what i mean.............

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2004, 07:24:47 AM »

1. Chapmin WAS/IS Mentally ill, he is a paranoid schizophrenic. Not that this is an excuse. But to say he wasn't mentally ill is wrong.

2. His parole hearing was denied[2 times]

The parole board was headed by R. Guy Vizzie. The other members were W. William Smith Jr. and Daniel J. Doyle.

Parole is denied. You murdered the victim, John Lennon, when you fired a .38 special caliber Charter Arm revolver, filled with hollow-point bullets. You discharged all five chambers and hit Mr. Lennon as many as four times. Mr. Lennon was returning to his residence and was in the company of his wife when you committed this murder. This act was calculated and unprovoked. You had planned this crime for a protracted period of time and it is apparent that you were obsessed in causing fatal harm to John Lennon. In addition to being an international celebrity, Mr. Lennon was a husband and a father of two young children.

During your incarceration, you have maintained an exemplary disciplinary record which this panel has noted and considered. This panel also recognizes that, because of your continued special housing status, you have been unable to avail yourself of anti-violence and/or anti-aggression programming.

Your most vicious and violent act was apparently fueled by your need to be acknowledged. During your parole hearing, this panel noted your continued interest in maintaining your notoriety.

When all factors are reviewed, your discretionary release is determined to be inappropriate. Additionally, this panel strongly believes that your release to parole supervision at this time would deprecate the seriousness of the crime and serve to undermine respect for the law.

3. His next parole hearing is October of this year.

4. Yes JOhn signed an autograph for him. And apparently, someone got a pic of them together too.

which leads me to the title of a new song. Imagine there's no parole

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2004, 07:28:49 AM »

[quote by=Taxgirl link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1092973893,s=18 date=1093861589]I just wonder, if MDC was offially pronounced mentally ill, even before what he did, why wasn't he in the hospital, and how could he have a gun. [/quote]

Because not all schizophrenics kill. Most of them do not belong in mental hospitals, my best friend is schizophrenic and he takes alot of medicine and always will, he's not going to go kill someone, Mark had a little extra sh!t in him if you ask me.  and it was 1980, gun laws were nil back then

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004, 07:40:59 AM »

I wonder if this would appear on the news???about (MC)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2004, 07:44:17 AM »

Exactly. This man was functioning enough to know that he needed help but he chose not to get it. He would rather live out his delusional fantasies. Calling someone schizophrenic certainly does not mean they have no power over the choices they make and there's a lot of help out there for them if they choose to take it. He was smart enought to get on a plane, find out where John lived, get his autograph, and they lay in wait. I've worked w/ people who have some degree of mental illness, schizophrenics, psychotics, etc. and they cannot funtion half as well as this guy did. Uh, yet they have never thought to muder someone. 'This guy had WAY more going on. Like his need to be noticed as the patrol board said. Anyway, he knew he was in trouble mentally, he even said it. And then he chose not to do anything about it. So he was at fault plain and simple. Not everyone that's a cold blooded murderer can blame it on mental illness. That's an insult to the peple that actually have those issues.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

I don't think its to be used to make MDC look better. But normal people do not kill others.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 56 queries.