Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Deeper Undercover  (Read 2446 times)

Bobber

Deeper Undercover
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »

Does anybody know if this is any good?

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: Deeper Undercover
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »

Focusing exclusively on over 1,000 musical endeavours shared between over 300 artists, this updated continuation of the critically acclaimed "Beatles Undercover" contains new chapters, previously unpublished interviews, and exclusive first-hand information on the Fab Four from the artists who knew them best. An exhaustively researched, highly detailed discography of the Beatles' musical contributions is also included, giving a clear look into their songwriting and recording processes. Many of the Beatles' contributions to other artists' recordings were done anonymously and are documented here for the first time, making this an extremely valuable book for any Beatles fan.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »

Yes Dirk, I know the things that the publisher writes about it.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »

To say that the amount of information found within Beatles Deeper Undercover is staggering would be an understatement. Author Kristofer Engelhardt offers 375 pages worth of in-depth details regarding what would have to be every musical contribution made by any Beatles member over the years to other artists' recordings.

Michael Jackson, Elton John, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Paul Simon, Carly Simon, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger -- the list of legendary artists (and the timeless music) referenced in this exhaustive guide reads like the guest list from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

From album and song titles to production and songwriting credits to who played what, when, and where, it's all here. And as an added plus, it's also packed with rare, behind-the-scenes photos.

The amount of research that went into this project is, in my mind, unparalleled and nearly indescribable. Engelhardt proves to be the ultimate Beatles authority and this one is certainly a must-have for any true diehard fan of The Fab Four.

Engelhardt says that certain things in the first book were also missed or overlooked. "For example," he wrote us, "For years no one documented that John Lennon joined in the encore playing tambourine on "The b**** Is Back" during his appearance with Elton John at MSG in 1974. There are photos documenting this."

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:28:26 PM by Badgirl66 »

Page created in 0.584 seconds with 42 queries.