Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Liverpool 8  (Read 17512 times)

Rising Starr

• A Beginning
    • alison johnson
Re: Liverpool 8
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »

Quote from: 431
I just finished listening to Liverpool 8 and I really enjoyed it.  I liked Harry's Song alot.  That one part sounded just like George (No way of knowing /Just keep on growing).  I liked RU Ready too.  Ringo is so cute when he thinks he's a cowboy.  British people are funny are funny when they try to talk like Americans.

I just realized, after a second listening, that Harry's Song is for Harry Nillsson when I heard him say, "Whenever I hear Without You we're still together.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 12:27:32 PM »

Ringo Starr's Liverpool 8 didn't chart on the UK charts.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 03:17:45 AM »

'Liverpool 8' is good (much better than 'Memory Almost Full' imo), but as usual nobody will pay attention to it and will go unnoticed. It really is a shame. Ringo has put out a constant quality product for his last 5 or 6 albums and nobody buys them.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 04:01:42 AM »

Quote from: 185
Ouch. So far I've only listened to the title track, but sorry to my ears it's awful. The lyric is cringe-inducingly bad and the whole thing sounds embarrasingly like the Peter Serafinowicz parody "Goldfinger" I posted in the youtube section a while ago. The only charitable thing I can say is that it has a certain amateurish charm (like your kids drawings you hang on the fridge.)
Hopefully I'll listen to the rest before I finish tonight.

bTbiu6P0lcw
[/quote]

lol the parody imo is better than his new track

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 05:16:51 AM »

Quote from: 373
'Liverpool 8' is good (much better than 'Memory Almost Full' imo), but as usual nobody will pay attention to it and will go unnoticed. It really is a shame. Ringo has put out a constant quality product for his last 5 or 6 albums and nobody buys them.

*high fives Tkitna*

I feel the same. Ringo has put out a solid, happy, feel-good album. I haven't bought it yet, but I plan to. Go, Ringo!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »

Ringo live
David Letterman - Jan-21-2008

KOUGwHVJsV8

I still can't believe that Ringo looks very young for his 67 years  :)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 02:18:43 AM »

Thanks 'D'. I cant get CBS and thats the first time i've seen the performance. I wish he'd do 'Think About You' though. Its my favorite off the album so far.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 04:05:28 AM »

Aw, what a sweet clip! Thanks for posting that, Dmitry!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »

LIVERPOOL 8 - THE ALBUM
UK #91
US #94 (7,000 copies sold)

Worldwide estimate - 9,000 copies sold
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 07:39:46 PM »

9000 copies estimated worldwide?

What a travesty. Well, if even the Beatle fans wont pick it up, what hope does it have?

I belong to a couple of classic rock forums and theres been more interest shown there then here. Thats what upsets me the most. I guess Ringo should just throw in the towel. I suppose we can all just continue to buy Pauls bullsh*t (Chaos and Creation not included) and be content.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 01:24:13 AM »

Quote from: 373
Ringo has put out a constant quality product for his last 5 or 6 albums and nobody buys them.

I agree, his recent run of albums has been excellant & quite underated i think.
He has been around great musicians & songwriters!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »

Quote from: 713
LIVERPOOL 8 - THE ALBUM
Worldwide estimate - 9,000 copies sold

Thank you for this info, Wingsman. I have no idea where to get sales figures. Do you know if this figure includes downloads? It might be signalling a shift to digital sales, if we have low CD sales, but the downloads are tracked a different way.

Ringo has been hanging out in the top 35 at Amazon. His peak was like #11 I think.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »

Quote from: 551

Thank you for this info, Wingsman. I have no idea where to get sales figures. Do you know if this figure includes downloads?

I have no idea harihead. The 9,000 copies figure I readed it somewhere. I don't remember now where. It's a shame that this album is another commercial failure for Ringo. I'm listening to it and I think it's marvellous. A fantastic album. In fact is the first I listen to a Ringo Starr album. His voice sounds great. Give It A Try and Think About You are already favourites.  :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »

Dear God! "Love is" is just beautiful!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

I prelistened to it and really enjoyed it as well. I'm waiting to group this with some other Amazon purchases so I can save the shipping. I'm cheap!

Amazon says Ringo is back in the #20s today. Go, Ringo! I think his appearance on Larry King must have helped-- and Larry let him sing!  ;D

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 09:27:56 PM »

Quote from: 551
Go, Ringo! I think his appearance on Larry King must have helped-- and Larry let him sing!  ;D

;D

Just listened to the song Liverpool 8. I like it. I've always liked Ringo's positive attitutde to life.

Trouble with living in NZ is that music comes here very very slowly....  :(

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »

Broke this out again yesterday and enjoyed the crap out of it.  I know I'm prejudice, but how cant people enjoy this?  Oh well.  At least I do.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2014, 10:27:10 AM »

With you all the way Todd.

It's a great album with some really fine tracks. Ringo's produced some quality stuff over these past few years in my opinion.

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »

I listened to this alot in the year it came out, I liked Gone Are The Days and the Pasodobles track. I did mean to pick up the last two: Y Not and Ringo 2012 but haven't done so as yet, not really gone too deep into Ringo solo. Do the last couple of albums have a different feel? Didn't Mark Hudson get the chop on this record?
Keeping you on your toes...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2015, 04:13:50 AM »

Yeah, Hudson and Ringo had a tiff and Hudson got the hook.  Personally, I didn't think 'Y Not' was very good.  '2012' was better, but still not up to previous efforts.  I hated the collaborations with Ben Harper on 'Y Not'.  Just didn't gel for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.571 seconds with 90 queries.