Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 94

Author Topic: What was the last Beatles Item you bought?  (Read 285895 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: What was the last Beatles Item you bought?
« Reply #1520 on: November 04, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »

??? Are you talking about the US version, Normandie? It's the only other version I know of and it didn't appear on CD -- and it's missing 3 songs. (The third one is "Doctor Robert".) In other words, 3 Lennon songs which means that it was the only US LP with more contributions by George than by John.

I guess I am talking about the US version...I have a difficult time keeping all the different types of releases straight. All I know is I bought a jewel-case CD of Revolver several years ago that had "I'm Only Sleeping," "And Your Bird Can Sing," and "Dr. Robert" on it (I'd forgotten about Dr. Robert!) on it, then I somehow misplaced it. I bought a copy after the big re-release of the Beatles catalog and got the version that was missing these three songs. (Boo.)

The copy that the independent seller on Amazon sent was missing the three songs, even though the playlist given for the items listed them, so I sent it back.

Is the more-complete version available anywhere except eBay? I haven't been able to find it in stores anywhere, and I don't have iTunes or an iPod.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1521 on: November 04, 2015, 10:24:23 PM »

Kathleen, for some reason the British Parlophone Revolver CD you want isn't being sold on Amazon.  eBay is still a good source.

If you prefer not buying it on eBay, try MusicStack:  http://www.musicstack.com/
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1522 on: November 04, 2015, 10:56:27 PM »

Thanks, Barry! I'll try eBay first. Much appreciated.  :)

giveawaychord

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #1523 on: November 05, 2015, 03:26:02 AM »

That's strange. Am I missing something? Here it is on amazon (but only 1 left right now):
http://www.amazon.com/Revolver-Beatles/dp/B0025KVLTC/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1446692352&sr=1-1&keywords=beatles+revolver

That's the 2009 remaster and it's much better (the sound) than the 1987 CD. Both of them were available at the same time for several years after 2009, but the 1987 version is being phased out. All remasters have the British tracklists irrespective of the country in which they were actually manufactured. Therefore they all carry the Parlophone logo. The US version (with a Capitol logo and those three songs missing) was issued on CD only in 2014, with the Capitol CD box containing all the American releases, and also sold separately. Any US version CD before 2014 was a bootleg.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1524 on: November 05, 2015, 04:22:30 AM »

^

Welcome to the Forum, giveawaychord!  She must have received the 2014 US Capitol Revolver CD.  I hope she gets the Parlophone CD soon.

And Kathleen, until you do, enjoy Doctor Robert...

http://youtu.be/niuNlPo1q9M
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1525 on: November 05, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »

Great; thanks so much, giveawaychord. I just ordered it. Thanks for clarifying the release types, too.

Thanks for the clip, Barry -- listening to it right now!

KelMar

« Reply #1526 on: November 05, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »

Great; thanks so much, giveawaychord. I just ordered it. Thanks for clarifying the release types, too.

I found that confusing too! I'm glad you could get it Kathy.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1527 on: November 06, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »

I found that confusing too! I'm glad you could get it Kathy.

Thanks, Kelley! One of these days I will throw off my timidity and become more technologically astute.  ;)  Until then, I'm thrilled to have ordered the CD. Of course, as soon as it arrives I'm sure I'll find my old one!

giveawaychord

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #1528 on: November 06, 2015, 03:26:09 AM »

You're welcome, Normandie. Glad that you could get it!
(Oh, and thanks for the welcome, Hello Goodbye!)

KelMar

« Reply #1529 on: November 06, 2015, 04:19:23 AM »

Thanks, Kelley! One of these days I will throw off my timidity and become more technologically astute.  ;)

Naw, you're fine the way you are. Besides, if word gets out that you're technologically astute (which I've somehow managed to fool my boss and workmates into thinking I sort of am) then people will think you can solve any tech problem in 5 minutes. Off the top of your head. With no computer in front of you.

Of course, as soon as it arrives I'm sure I'll find my old one!

Yep. Have you looked in your daughters' rooms? (Unauthorized borrowing seems to be more of a girl thing, at least here.) I had a missing Beatles CD turn up in Kelsie's room. It was with CDs on the shelf looking like it was there to stay. Grr!

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #1530 on: November 06, 2015, 06:52:14 PM »

I found Remasters - stero CDs at very popular price (and since it is from 2009, and the vinyl is out - the price should get lower).
Didn't want the whole collection - just the albums I like the best, and that is:  With the Beatles, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, MMT, Abbey Road.
They also had 1967. - 1970. album from 1993. in almost mint condition!  8)

I got the packages and the CD's were unopened - that is, wrapped, which is great. I checked them - everything was all right. (They were sold as 'used' but they're brand new!)
But, when I re-checked what I got again, I was holding 'White Album' in my hands (which I didn't order).

I re-checked my e-mail and the receive I got - and it said that order was: 'With The Beatles'.

But I understood what has happened - somebody at the shop thought 'White Album - The Beatles' is the album 'With The Beatles' (with / white - sounds similar).

Of course, you cannot expect from everybody to be a Beatle fan and to know their albums.
Although there are obvious differences - one is white, the second is black, one is double album, another is 'regular', one is from 1968 and the second is from 1963.  glassesslip

So, I made a phone call. I decided to keep the 'White album' (I had it already on CD from 90's but without the lyrics and posters) and I explained them what has happened.
'With The Beatles' are coming to me on Monday. That'll be the day... when I - press play!  icon_cool  icon_good
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:54:35 PM by real01 »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #1531 on: November 06, 2015, 09:05:22 PM »

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #1532 on: November 06, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »

I guess I am talking about the US version...I have a difficult time keeping all the different types of releases straight. All I know is I bought a jewel-case CD of Revolver several years ago that had "I'm Only Sleeping," "And Your Bird Can Sing," and "Dr. Robert" on it (I'd forgotten about Dr. Robert!) on it, then I somehow misplaced it. I bought a copy after the big re-release of the Beatles catalog and got the version that was missing these three songs. (Boo.)

Don’t forget the Capitol CD box sets from 2004-06 that have the US CDs.  These have the original US sound unlike the 2014 US CD set that just gives you the mini album covers, but with the UK recordings.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/The-Capitol-Albums-Vol-1-by-Beatles-4CD-Box-Set-Japan-Edition-/301364925583?hash=item462abfd48f:g:7IUAAOxyVX1RucUg

There is also www.Discogs.com that sells music online
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1533 on: November 07, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »

^^^^

OK, now my head is officially spinning.  ;)  Just kidding. Thanks, BB!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1534 on: November 07, 2015, 07:34:50 PM »

Have you looked in your daughters' rooms? (Unauthorized borrowing seems to be more of a girl thing, at least here.) I had a missing Beatles CD turn up in Kelsie's room. It was with CDs on the shelf looking like it was there to stay. Grr!

I wouldn't put it past either of them, but they both listen to music exclusively on their phones, except for my elder daughter's collection of 1D and 5SOS CDs, which she keeps in my car. (Hers doesn't have a CD player.) I've warned her, half-jokingly, that I'm going to be ticked off if I find my Revolver CD lurking in one of her cases.

giveawaychord

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #1535 on: November 08, 2015, 02:34:52 AM »

Don’t forget the Capitol CD box sets from 2004-06 that have the US CDs.  These have the original US sound unlike the 2014 US CD set that just gives you the mini album covers, but with the UK recordings.

NoNoNo -- sorry, Bingo Bongo, that's irrelevant and confusing. For a start, the Capitol boxes didn't contain Revolver, and it was only the Revolver problem that set Normandie searching. And if I understand her correctly, she has ordered the copy from A. already. Secondly, you're only half right about the 2014 US set. Those tracks that were unique to the US albums in terms of mixes/versions were kept, but it is true that the set in its entirety wasn't remastered from the US 2nd generation tapes that had been used for the original albums. Rather, most of the tracks were replaced with the 2009 remastered versions. So you're right in saying that the sound of the albums as a whole is not true to the originals. (Never mind the fact that those originals were not true to what the Beatles intended in the first place. For people who grew up with the American versions, however, the original sound may be essential, echo and fake stereo included, so they should stick with the earlier two boxes for the first 8 albums, up to Rubber Soul, and will have to rely on vinyl for the remaining two that were different.)

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #1536 on: November 09, 2015, 12:43:30 AM »

Doh! I was thinking Rubber Soul for some reason.  Geritol moment!  icon_redface

But ya, for N.A. Beatles fans, you gotta have the Capitol Box sets for the Dexterized version of the Beatles, the way they came out on LP.
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #1537 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:56 PM »

I got my 'With The Beatles' CD today. It is not from The Remasters, it is older edition - but it is MONO - and I got it a very good price.  icon_love

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #1538 on: November 10, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »

Yep, if you shop around you can get those 1980s copies at about £3/£4 each. I prefer them to the 2009 versions.

Incidentally, on the back of the new '1', I saw 'Sgt. Pepper's' and 'Abbey Road' in my local supermarket (£6 each).....a very rare event.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1539 on: November 13, 2015, 06:03:32 PM »

Finally got my "correct" version of Revolver.   cheer1
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 94

Page created in 1.01 seconds with 80 queries.