Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jude Law To Play Brian Epstein  (Read 7368 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Jude Law To Play Brian Epstein
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »

Considering your background Bill, I would have thought that they'd be honoured!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 06:35:20 PM »

Quote from: 1062
Jude Law will not be playing Brian Epstein, although he did express his wish some years ago that he'd like to portray Brian in a movie.
There is a film to be made about Brian, it's directed by a Continental director and the contact is info@fifthbeatlemovie.com. However, Jude Law won't be in it as I believe it is a low budget production. I contacted Jude Law's office a couple of years ago and talked to his secretary and also sent a letter asking for permission to have a look at Brian's diaries, but this was denied. It's sad when someone buys material which has such intrinsic value and the material is then unavailable for people to study.

Actually, I'm a part of THE FIFTH BEATLE team and this comment isn't accurate. For the record:
We are enjoying the interest of actors of Jude Law's calibre and stature, and we absolutely have the ability to compensate them accordingly should we choose to go that route. Whether or not Jude Law will be in our film has nothing to do with the budget.  We are still fine-tuning the budget and therefore I cannot state an exact dollar figure, but I can confirm with  accuracy that by no one's standards-- neither Hollywood insiders nor average moviegoers-- will "The Fifth Beatle" ever be considered a "low budget production".

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »

Welcome. Please keep us up to speed on developments. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »

Re Jude Law and

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »

welcome to the forums iamthewalrus! Enjoy!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »

I don't know if you've considered any money-saving options for the movie but I've come up with a few:

1) Have Brian talking on the phone while you hear the Beatles in a room next door making a racket playing music.  John bursts his head through the door and says, "Brian, we've just written a song called 'Love Me Do,' you wanna hear it?"  Brian says, "Not now, I'm on the phone."  John sulks and closes the door behind him.  The racket resumes.  

2) We all know licensing Beatles music will take the budget through the roof, so I've got a fix for that too.  As Brian sinks into drug use and debauchery, he can no longer TELL the Beatles songs from their competitors such as the Kinks or the Stones (which can be had much more cheaply).  Also you could throw some dirt-cheap Gerry and the Pacemakers in there.

3) Use a blue screen with Ringo--like they did with Gollum.  

I've got more ideas I'd like to share . . . .

Seriously good luck with your movie!

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »

Thanks for your tips adamzero. Vivek Tiwary, the director of THE FIFTH BEATLE, is going to be keeping an eye on the forum created for the film. Anybody and everybody is welcome to join for free and throw in their two cents. Here is the link:

http://fifthbeatle.proboards50.com/index.cgi

Hope to see everyone over there.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:46 AM »

You're a good sport.  Good luck with the film.  I think the tragic arc of Brian going from the man who "made" the Beatles to an irrelevant (although well remunerated) part of the operation is truly sad.  Also, the whole gay show business underworld of the 60s (that John Lennon talked about) was important, if glossed over, part of the Beatles success.  

Finally, you have that fateful moment when Brian first walks down those Cavern stairs.  Slo-mo, into an underground, dank, smelly prole place, not really his type of people or music, and he sees John Lennon . . . .  

We keep coming back to that same scene--walking down stairs . . . .
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.746 seconds with 51 queries.