Solo forums > George Harrison

Beatles vs Solo

<< < (2/2)

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: oldbrownshoe on March 25, 2014, 05:36:05 PM ---
Why would I listen to George in 1979 when I can listen to him in 1969?

--- End quote ---

Because... you can have more george that way! ;D

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: Klang on March 25, 2014, 05:52:40 PM ---I agree with others who feel that the solo works (of all of them) are generally not that entertaining.

I like 'Brainwashed' a lot. Better than ATMP, actually. Guess it's my fave.

:)

--- End quote ---

I like Brainwashed too. I'd go as far as to say it's the only George album I'd play end to end. ATMP being a double album is ripe for playing only bits of at a time. Cloud 9 is a good consistent commercial album and deserved its success but has bit too much 80s sheen for my tastes.

Brainwashed is a solid bunch of tunes, the best of which stand with his best solo material,  with some great guitar and no real clunkers.

Bingo Bongo:

--- Quote from: Ovi on March 24, 2014, 07:18:39 PM ---I think it's safe to say that a good majority of us prefer both Lennon and McCartney in their Beatles days more. But what about George? I only own All Things Must Pass, but I gotta say, I think many-a songs off that one can easily compete with his best Beatles offerings. I'm curious to hear the opinions of people who've heard more of his solo stuff.

--- End quote ---

Other than Macca's Wings stuff 1970-77, all my other solo stuff is Greatest Hits only. But my Greatest Hits have grown over the years to include nice songs that weren't considered hits, and I find George & John had "a lot" of nice songs.  Unfortunately I only have 5 Ringo songs, and as much as I have tried, that's all I can stomach of his.

Loco Mo:
Put it this way:  What do you prefer - the chicken or its eggs?

tkitna:
I'd easily choose Georges' solo output and its not even close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version