DM's Beatles forums

Other music forums => Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies => Topic started by: Wayne L. on February 23, 2005, 09:33:05 PM

Title: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Wayne L. on February 23, 2005, 09:33:05 PM
Axl Rose of Guns-N-Roses fame will be the opening act in the fall during the reunion tour of legendary 80's rock group Ratt with original frontman Stephen Pearcy which will begin in Sept.  He will be releasing his first official solo album in late summer with a new backup band while the higly anticipated GNR album Chinese Democracy is finally put to rest since Rose has realized it's over.  
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Mairi on February 23, 2005, 09:36:38 PM
I know someone who will be very interested in this piece of news. (Bruno)
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: on February 23, 2005, 11:00:53 PM
Why not? All the other '80s bands have done pretty well with their reunion tours, and I have to say that Ratt was a great metal band. Its too bad that Robin Crosby (name?) passed a few years ago. Its hard to imagine Axl agreeing to open for anyone, and with his temperment, who knows how long he'll last on the tour, but I'd check it out. We used to bang our heads to all those guys.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Bruno on February 24, 2005, 12:52:29 AM
Quote from: Mairi
I know someone who will be very interested in this piece of news. (Bruno)

you're right Mairi, I love GnR ;D

I don't believe this though, can you provide a link to the news Wayne??
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: tkitna on February 24, 2005, 04:26:02 PM
Believe it or not, i'll probably be backstage for that show (I work with the drummer for Ratts brother). Maybe i'll get all drunked up and b**** slap Axle.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: lennonlemon on February 24, 2005, 04:53:43 PM
the old GnR were better and Axl Rose has lost relevance and is occasionally mentioned,and even so it's only for his outlandish behavior and character, imo. although, buckethead is quite the guitarist.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: An Apple Beatle on February 24, 2005, 05:12:45 PM
Quote from: tkitna
Believe it or not, i'll probably be backstage for that show (I work with the drummer for Ratts brother). Maybe i'll get all drunked up and b**** slap Axle.

Do it TK, Do it!!!!! lol
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Herecomesyoursun on February 24, 2005, 05:15:26 PM
I can see the headlines now...
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: lennonlemon on February 24, 2005, 05:28:27 PM
Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
I can see the headlines now...

ha, give him a few more slaps for us.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: RICKENBACKER325 on February 24, 2005, 06:06:38 PM
Quote from: tkitna
Believe it or not, i'll probably be backstage for that show (I work with the drummer for Ratts brother). Maybe i'll get all drunked up and b**** slap Axle.
 
Now that I would pay to see.......lol :D but like the old days Axl will probably be p*ssed at something slam the mic down and leave, and he will be gone before you get the chance.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Crazy Diamond on February 24, 2005, 06:14:42 PM
I think Guns N' Roses are one of the most overrated rock acts of the 80's just like U2 & AC/DC while Axl is an untalented terrible singer unlike Slash who is a great guitarist.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Mairi on February 24, 2005, 06:30:57 PM
Crazy Diamond, you know who that sentence reminds me of?
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Crazy Diamond on February 24, 2005, 06:57:19 PM
 ::)
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: lennonlemon on February 24, 2005, 08:01:47 PM
Quote from: Mairi
Crazy Diamond, you know who that sentence reminds me of?

haha, i think i know
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Bruno on February 25, 2005, 02:54:06 AM
Quote from: lennonlemon
the old GnR were better and Axl Rose has lost relevance and is occasionally mentioned,and even so it's only for his outlandish behavior and character, imo. although, buckethead is quite the guitarist.

buckethead is not longer in GnR
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Herecomesyoursun on February 25, 2005, 02:56:55 AM
is there still a gnr?
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Sondra on February 25, 2005, 02:58:57 AM
Quote from: Zep_Fan
I think Guns N' Roses are one of the most overrated rock acts of the 80's just like U2 & AC/DC while Axl is an untalented terrible singer unlike Slash who is a great guitarist.

Are you kidding? Then what acts from the 80's are underrated??? The three bands you mentioned were about the only listenable things to come from that decade. I guess Tears for Fears or Simply Red are never given the credit they deserve then.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Bruno on February 25, 2005, 02:59:06 AM
yeah, but it's not as good as the original GnR
The only two old members left are Axl and Dizzy Reed (keyboard)

edit: this is a response to Tim's post
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Herecomesyoursun on February 25, 2005, 03:00:33 AM
Oh i thought axl had finally given up on the thing.  oh well i like slash better anyways
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Bruno on February 25, 2005, 03:02:09 AM
Quote from: Maccalvr

Are you kidding? Then what acts from the 80's are underrated??? The three bands you mentioned were about the only listenable things to come from that decade. I guess Tears for Fears or Simply Red are never given the credit they deserve then.  ::)

I think he was being sarcastic and making fun of Wayne's style of writing

 ;D
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Bruno on February 25, 2005, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
Oh i thought axl had finally given up on the thing.  oh well i like slash better anyways

yeah, Axl is a bastard, he has the rights to the GnR name so that's why his new band kept the name.
It's funny because Velvet Revolver is more 'GnR' than the new GnR since it has three former members (Slash, Duff and Matt)
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Sondra on February 25, 2005, 03:07:06 AM
Quote from: Bruno

I think he was being sarcastic and making fun of Wayne's style of writing

 ;D

Oh yeah. Duh. Then why'd he give those rolly eyes to Mairi? Ugh. Made of fool of by Zepfan! No!
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Wayne L. on February 27, 2005, 08:30:48 PM
Calling AC/DC an 80's rock band similiar to a definite one like Ratt is an insult to them while Back In Black In Black is in a class all by itself.  
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: tkitna on February 28, 2005, 09:36:53 AM
Quote from: Wayne_L.
Calling AC/DC an 80's rock band similiar to a definite one like Ratt is an insult to them while Back In Black In Black is in a class all by itself.
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: on February 28, 2005, 02:36:28 PM
Quote from: Bruno

yeah, Axl is a bastard, he has the rights to the GnR name so that's why his new band kept the name.
It's funny because Velvet Revolver is more 'GnR' than the new GnR since it has three former members (Slash, Duff and Matt)

The Velvet Revolver is a pretty good album.  There is so much bad blood between Axl and the rest that there is no GNR, but my guess is that someday they will go for the big payday and do a tour. Last I knew, there were a few movies that were going to feature GNR songs, Axl never told anyone about it, and Slash and Duff were super p*ssed because it would have been worth in the neighborhood of $10 million. Here's your weirdness: Axl Rose is an anagram for 'oral sex'.

Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Joost on February 28, 2005, 09:10:53 PM
Quote from: juniorsfarm
Here's your weirdness: Axl Rose is an anagram for 'oral sex'.

Here's more weirdness (though slightly off-topic): AC/DC's Malcolm and Angus Young are the young brothers of the guitarist of The Easybeats (who had a big hit in the 60s with the superb "Friday On My Mind").
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: lennonlemon on February 28, 2005, 11:26:41 PM
did you notice clint eastwood is an anagram for"old west action"?
Title: Re: Axl Rose To Tour With Ratt In The Fall.
Post by: Joost on March 01, 2005, 12:30:04 PM
Quote from: lennonlemon
did you notice clint eastwood is an anagram for"old west action"?

How the hell did you find that out?