Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 193878 times)

Bobber

Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »

Thanks for the weekly update Joost.
I saw Margot At The Wedding last weekend. Pretty boring, although it featured Nicole Kidman. Probably lots of layers that I didn't pick up!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 10:04:52 PM »

Quote from: 56
But I agree, it's certainly not one of his better stories.

you reckon? I loved it! Less gory sci fi more deepness. i'd say. Though the book is much better than the movie. The movie had very wooden acting in it... considering when it was made though...

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »

Quote from: 596
you reckon? I loved it! Less gory sci fi more deepness. i'd say. Though the book is much better than the movie. The movie had very wooden acting in it... considering when it was made though...

I agree with you about the acting, but I thought that one of the good things was that they stayed really close to the original story. There weren't too many differences between the book and the movie.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2008, 11:12:53 AM »

Actually they're not trashing the earth, but the past. But I agree, it's certainly not one of his better stories.

My mistake. It's been a long time! I enjoyed the collection: Four Past Midnight. Has The Sun Dog ever been made into a movie?

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2008, 09:58:44 PM »

Watched  "The Name Of The Rose" last night , Sean Connery is very good as Brother William of Baskerville .

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2008, 11:29:52 AM »

The Langoliers

Oh yeah, that one... I'm not a big Stephen King fan, or rather not a big horror fan, but I rather liked that one... The one I like quite a bit is the Green Mile. Anyone else likes it? We had to watch it for English class at school. I think it's a really good movie... good story, good acting too 8) Very sad though, in parts...

The last movie I saw was Wall-e. I really liked it! 8) I haven't seen such a good cartoon/animated movie in a long time! It reminded me of those awesome cartoons I used to watch as a kid back in the 90's :)

I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2008, 06:56:33 PM »

Quote from: 610
The one I like quite a bit is the Green Mile. Anyone else likes it? We had to watch it for English class at school. I think it's a really good movie... good story, good acting too 8) Very sad though, in parts...

Excellent movie!

Illegal Tender
I absolutely hated this one. I had to watch it because I had to write a review (so obviously it got 1 out of 5 stars). The acting was awful, the story was awful, the music was awful (reggaeton and R&B) and I hated the main characters (a spoiled, juvenile brat and his slutty mom) so I really couldn't care less if they got a happy ending or not.

The Spiderwick Chronicles
A good modern day fairytale. The story was OK and the trolls, elves, goblins and ogres looked pretty cool. But for a children's movie (which it basically is) I did think it was maybe a bit too violent at some points.

The Entity
About a woman who frequently gets raped by a ghost. Supposedly based on a true story. Nothing special really.

[REC]
Now this is a great movie. I've seen a whole lot of horror movies, but this was definately one of the scariest ones. I'll admit that I sometimes turn the sound off when a movie gets really scary (they're always subtitled anyway), I think that in total I had the sound off for about 10-15 minutes during this movie... It's Spanish, but don't let that be a reason to not go see it. It starts off with a female TV reporter, Angela, and her camera man Pablo who follow a couple of local fireman during their night shift. That night they get locked up in an appartment building where some really weird things are happening. The entire movie is made as if it's filmed by Pablo, so you really get the feeling that you're trapped in the building with these people.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

The last movie I saw was Bridget Jones's Diary. I had seen it before, and I still think it's a rather enjoyable film, even for a chick flick. Hugh Grant or Colin Firth- the most difficult decision a woman can make!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »

well, i watched The Hustler last night in tribute to Paul Newman!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2008, 07:06:54 PM »

What do you think of the film Fountain?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 07:25:08 PM »

Drillbit Taylor...hilarious!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »

Quote from: 1393
What do you think of the film Fountain?

Like Joost, I'm a horror/thriller fan, but I'd never heard of The Fountain so I looked it up. Sounds intriguing, I'll have to search it out.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »

Seriously, it`s a good film, but one has to watch it twice. A lot of things escape during the first watch. It is very strange, but I know great fans of that film. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz are starring. Hugh did a great job, fantastic. What I am also drawn by to this film is the soundtrack. Its force.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2008, 05:48:22 AM »

21 - It's really good. Jim Sturgess is an amazing actor.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2008, 07:07:56 PM »

At last I`ve seen Mamma Mia! Very good film, full of songs and laughter! After the film all ABBA songs kept coming to my mind, and my favourite one suppressing them all! It is Honey, Honey, kiss me baby aha, honey, honey...

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee - great movie. I love history so I highly suggest this.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2008, 12:16:19 AM »

Bought "Logans Run " and  "WestWorld " today on DVD first time both these films have been avalible on DVD in the UK .
Spent a very enjoyable evening watching these  brilliant films (smile)(smoking3)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2008, 08:46:12 AM »

I'm watching "Hitchcock's The British Years box set " at the moment .
It's got Hitchcocks first film "The Pleasure Garden"(1925) included, i had never seen this silent film before which he made in Germany when he was 25 .
I found this film quite facinating 70 minutes of really strange flickering images , it's like looking into a forgotten world , it's set in the music hall's of the 20's , the storey revolves around two men falling in love with the same chorus girl , the scantly clad "Virginia Villi" , she drives these two men mad with desire with her strange erotic dancing .
It's like watching one of those old "What The Butler Saw Films " .
Film censorship had obviously not fully taken over at this point in film history , young Hitchcock brings to the screen quite a saucy romp .
Many of the sexual obsession themes of his later work , you can see in embryo in this film.
 "The Pleasure Garden " is a real insight into this great directors mind .
It's also got a wild musical score by "Lee Erwin" played on one of those old cinema organs , which i really enjoyed .
It's well worth a watch this film if your a fan of Hitchcock , truely a facinating bit of film history .

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »

I`ve seen the new film Burn After Reading (not sure of the translation). It`s good and a bit crazy. Liked it.

DoBotherMe

• A Beginning
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »

Quote from: 971
I'm watching "Hitchcock's The British Years box set " at the moment .

Hi Dave, I've wondered about that set. I figured I wouldn't be disappointed even if some were silent because it's HITCHCOCK! With your endorsement I'll probably so ahead and make the purchase. Thanks! Dana ; )
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 107

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 86 queries.