Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Sgt. Pepper : 3 Favorite Tracks  (Read 59314 times)

Re: Sgt. Pepper : 3 Favorite Tracks
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2004, 06:05:18 PM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=139 date=1092156084]

I wish I could,

***No you don't.  You feel you were singled out by an adult for being young and your resentment is -way- overboard to the offense.  Your constant death and dismemberment wishes on her show a VERY immature reaction to what is essentially only pushy and rude behaviour on her part.  You wish death on ALL your 'enemies'?

but Maria took the first shot, and I see no reason to stop if no one else has the guts or nerve to directly tell Maria to stop.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2004, 06:17:25 PM »

***No you don't.

Janice

• A Beginning
  • Hey, it's a thingy! A fiendish thingy!
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2004, 06:38:18 PM »

I haven't got much time, but I feel the need to post this...

I do think that Frightwolf has overreacted a little bit, but I would still take his side if we are taking sides. I haven't posted that much, but I've read a few discussions where Maria has acted like she is the only all-knowing Beatle fan, and that's why my first post against her opinion was as polite as possible--I didn't want her to go off on me.

So in a nutshell:

Frightwolf--you have a point, but cool it a little bit. :)

Maria--adding "IMHO" or "IMO" does make a difference, and it doesn't take that much time. It makes you come off as a more polite person. I love debates but not arguments.
"I see the sun again, I ain't ever lookin' back,
All the dreams are comin' true as I think of you,
Now there's nothing in the way to stop me heading for the light."

Strawberryfields67

• A Beginning
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2004, 06:53:56 PM »

This thread has become really stupid. I mean who gives a flying hootie whether or not I like Getting Better? I mean,it's O.K. to say,"Ooh yeah that's a good one",but when you start saying,"U ThInK GeeTting Bteer Is GUd? eeEeWwWwww..." or something of that nature,it just gets annoying.
"I really want to know you Lord."   

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2004, 07:16:10 PM »

I've read the thread too, and neither side has been real subtle towards each other. Its not like this is the first time either. Seems like the same thing again,,,Maria and Joe vrs. Frightwolf.

Give me a break. The only other thread I recall going against Frighty in is the PLASTIC ONO BAND one.

I personally enjoy Maria's opinion and willingness to debate, but she comes on a bit strong at times for some people.

So do I. So that's what I like about Maria (though we're bound to get into a battle of our own one day).

Now you Joe,,,,,i'm not getting yet. I truly think that you have some kind of inner hate for Paul because he snubbed you. Is that it? Could that be a reason why your so quick to jump to Maria's side?

You don't know what you're talking about. For one thing, Maria speaks her mind well and doesn't just post "polls". That's the main thing I like about her so far. However, she's talked against Yoko, so ...ummm..... how does that fit your criteria that I side with Maria because she slams Paul, when it's clear she also slams John's woman?

I have no hate for Paul, neither before he snubbed me nor after. Though I think what he did was wrong. But it amazes me how people like you love to ignore facts that may disprove your warped case. I've said time and time again that I love all the Beatles, but John's my favorite. I'VE ALSO SAID I WOULD DECLARE PAUL THE BEST SONGWRITER OF THE 20th CENTURY - EVEN OVER JOHN! Is that clear enough for you?

Now, I do think Paul is kinda sappy. I don't think he's as honest and up front as John, nor as deep (kind of like me and Maria in our posts). Nor is Paul very cutting edge or daring (except for McCARTNEY 2 - and you hate the record). He's more of a PR guy playing a role, while John was real.

I'm not trying to start a feud or anything, its just that your a regular poster around here and for some reason, I just havent been able to agree with hardly anything you've had to say so far. I know you could care less, but i'm just curious.

I hate when people abuse that phrase - it's supposed to be "I couldn't care less," (how's that for being like Maria? How'd you like that one, Maria? :) ) and you're right - I couldn't. I haven't agreed with you much either, so there you are.

« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2004, 07:20:06 PM »

I guessed you missed Maria's opening remarks in the discussion.

« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2004, 09:10:58 PM »

I'm done bothering with you.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2004, 09:11:47 PM »

Why can't we all jut get along?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2004, 11:19:48 PM »

I'm not trying to take sides even if it seems that way. First, I want to apologize to Joe for my remarks last night. I wasnt in my right mind and I realize I came across in a bad way. Also, thanks for the English lesson. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future,,,,,,,well probably not.

My biggest dig here is that everybody is jumping on Frightwolf and he didnt even start the argument. Yes, Frightwolf does go over the top when the arguing takes place, but if he wasnt pushed into that corner in the first place, maybe he wouldnt do so.

Lets all try to remember that we're here to talk about a band and a few individuals. Its all going to be opinions backed up by facts that none of us can even prove anyways. I promise that i'll try to be more open minded in the future.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2004, 03:12:24 AM »

joes getting kinda full of himself it seems to me as just an observer

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2004, 03:16:05 AM »

yeah sounds like he needs to trip outside the sandbox more.........
well its saturday night and i just got paid

« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2004, 04:45:52 AM »

Seems there's more than just a few of us who are full of themselves.

And sadly enough, I am the only one who has any justification to be.

;-D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2004, 04:58:17 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=151 date=1092199552]
And sadly enough, I am the only one who has any justification to be.

;-D[/quote]

Charlies using his senior status again. Damn gold card carriers.  ;)

« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2004, 05:11:42 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=152 date=1092200297]

Charlies using his senior status again. Damn gold card carriers.

« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2004, 10:32:31 AM »

First, I want to apologize to Joe for my remarks last night. I wasnt in my right mind and I realize I came across in a bad way. Also, thanks for the English lesson. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future,,,,,,,well probably not.

First you apologize, but then you get sarcastic about it? I think you should try to learn better English if someone points something out. Why continue to say "I could care less" when it means the opposite of what you're really trying to say?

Just to show you I'm not merely acting like I'm above you here, only yesterday I was corrected myself, and I said "thanks" to the person and learned something. I was at a movie review forum and kept writing that people expect movies to constantly provide "logistics" (I was talking about films being logical).

« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2004, 10:35:26 AM »

joes getting kinda full of himself it seems to me as just an observer

Why, thank you. I'll take that as a compliment :)

In the meantime, your "English" is usually the most atrocious of all....

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2004, 12:29:12 PM »

Ok Joe, I give up. Nobody cares about your english lesson. I wasnt being sarcastic towards you. I was merely stating that I realize i'm not a perfect typer or speaker and that I would be making many more mistakes down the road, so why bother. Just because you, and a select few others, speak and type like a yuppie with a sweater tied around their neck doesnt mean that the rest of us give a sh!t. We dont. Theres not one single member on this board that has a problem so bad that they are not understandable. Your acting as if you were the kid that got beat up all the time in school and now you have something to prove. Get a life. You truly are one of Gods mulligans.

« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2004, 02:26:11 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1081418559,s=154 date=1092220351]

First you apologize, but then you get sarcastic about it? [/quote]

I do not feel that was sarcasm at all but simply a self-deprecating joke, one I found amusing.

When someone apologizes it's customary to accept it with some measure of grace.

People here are all acting a bit wingy lately...is it a full moon already?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2004, 02:32:42 PM »

pot calling the kettle black^

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2004, 07:38:28 PM »

I'm not trying to take sides even if it seems that way. First, I want to apologize to Joe for my remarks last night. I wasnt in my right mind and I realize I came across in a bad way. Also, thanks for the English lesson. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future,,,,,,,well probably not.

My biggest dig here is that everybody is jumping on Frightwolf and he didnt even start the argument. Yes, Frightwolf does go over the top when the arguing takes place, but if he wasnt pushed into that corner in the first place, maybe he wouldnt do so.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 80 queries.