Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amplifier Question  (Read 1251 times)

KelMar

Amplifier Question
« on: October 12, 2015, 06:12:53 AM »

Tonight I had the idea to dig out the extension cable for my Bose headphones and plug them into our Samsung TV. The TV has other ideas, namely that I need to buy an amplifier to do this. This is what their website says: Some Samsung LED TVs are not fitted with mini headphone port, rather they have a digital optical audio out for Home theatre connection, if you wish to listen to the TV through headphones, it will require the TV to be plugged into any audio amplifier that has both a digital line-in, and a mini jack headphone out.

So my question is, does anyone have a recommendation? I started looking but just getting the above information has worn me out. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I also would like a better audio experience when I get that Beatles 1 Video Collection! Ta.  :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Amplifier Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:04:39 AM »

Maybe you have an amplifier for your cd/dvd-player, tuner or turntable? An amplifier like that usually has a line in (coming from your tv in this case) and a connection for your headphones.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 11:47:12 AM »

I bought some cordless headphones for my tv, I use them quite a lot and they were pretty cheap

they work through bluetooth, check if your tv has bluetooth
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »

See if this article helps, Kelley:  How To Use Headphones With Your TV
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »

Maybe you have an amplifier for your cd/dvd-player, tuner or turntable? An amplifier like that usually has a line in (coming from your tv in this case) and a connection for your headphones.

Good idea! I'll check my Blu Ray player.

Quote from: nimrod
I bought some cordless headphones for my tv, I use them quite a lot and they were pretty cheap

That's what I want when these headphones no longer work. I usually just use ear buds at night but the other night I wore my good headphones and woke up with the cord seriously tangled up in my hair. I was so confussed (as Barry says). LOL

Quote from: Hello Goodbye
See if this article helps, Kelley:  How To Use Headphones With Your TV

Aha! They mention a digital to audio converter. I think that might be the ticket if the Blu Ray doesn't have a jack. Even the most expensive one that Amazon offers is well within my price range.

Thanks guys!

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:22 PM »

I'm thinking most Blu Ray players or TVs don't have headphone jacks anymore, unless it's Bluetooth.
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

KelMar

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 03:57:18 AM »

I'm thinking most Blu Ray players or TVs don't have headphone jacks anymore, unless it's Bluetooth.

Samsung actually replied to a message I sent them and said to plug them into the audio out jack. I swear I tried that before and it didn't work. Well, I tried it again and it does work but the volume is fixed. And fixed quite loud. So I ordered an in line volume control for my headphones. I should be in business with that.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 01:27:13 PM »

Samsung actually replied to a message I sent them and said to plug them into the audio out jack. I swear I tried that before and it didn't work. Well, I tried it again and it does work but the volume is fixed. And fixed quite loud. So I ordered an in line volume control for my headphones. I should be in business with that.

That's interesting, I'll have to give it a try when I get home tonight!  ;yes

KelMar

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 05:30:29 AM »

It works very well and didn't cost a whole lot.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 02:59:29 PM »

It works very well and didn't cost a whole lot.

Best part is both my sets of headphones have in-line volume control..... icon_king

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 58 queries.