Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Is Paul Losing His Voice?  (Read 7445 times)

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
Re: Is Paul Losing His Voice?
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 04:15:09 AM »

He's just Paul

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 04:24:31 AM »

Quote from: 216

24MD-v0IgYA

I think my sister has the same shirt as Jay-Z!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »

Quote from: 9
Maybe it's time Paul starting rapping his songs: "Yesterday" boom-chucka-boom "all my troubles seemed so far away" [grabs crotch] boom-chucka-boom "now they look like they're here to stay" [fingers bling] boom-chucka-boom "I believe in . . . Yesterday" [girl singer chorus] "Yesterday . . . Yesterday . . . Yeeesssterdaaaay . . . ."
Classic!!!!!! He did a pretty "boom-chucka-boom" performance of Long Tall Sally with some woman singer...

But I think the voice grows older with the age.... there's a direct link there. But! He stil got it [in my eyes.. or ears rather  ;)]

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »

I was listening to a new song from the forth coming Fireman album last night on Youtube called  " My Soul " and Paul's voice sounds so frail i was shocked, it's a lovely song but he sounds 80 year old .

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »

He needs a rest after the divorce and all the trouble. He needs to restore his energy.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 06:32:44 PM »

Quote from: 1393
He needs a rest after the divorce and all the trouble. He needs to restore his energy.

I think your right Jane , it would take a lot out of a younger person let alone some one in their 60's.

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »

Anyone know if Paul's ever had any vocal coaching? Because in the right hands 'faults/frailties' can be disguised if not completely overcome. He may need to learn to sing from a different part of his throat. It can be done, with the right vocal coaching, I've heard great improvements in people's voices.

However, from his comments about learning musical notation, I expect I already know what he'd say about vocal coaching!!

From another angle, maybe this particular song needed a certain frail quality though?

Thoughts, anyone?

(thinker)
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

EightDaysAWeek

• One And One Is Two
  • Love is old, love is new. Love is all, love is you
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »

Quite frankly, I'm just astounded with how good his voice sounds at his age. Nothing lasts forever, but at the same time, the way his voice still sounds (just watched some Quebec footage on YouTube) just amazes me. I think we Beatle fans are lucky that we have the two surviving Beatles still performing, though I heard that Paul might not tour as much so he can be with his daughter, which I admire. Anyways, on a random note I hope he stops in Colorado, part of my life would be complete. I'm way to obsessive sometimes haha.
America: It's like Britain, only with buttons
Ringo Starr

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2008, 02:14:47 AM »

Interesting fact: in Hey Jude, After the "Oh" in the crescendo, Paul sings "yeah!" Apparently that note is F Natural above male High C, and he sings it in non-falsetto, which is very difficult for a male voice to do.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »

Has Paul ever sung in falsetto?

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Has Paul ever sung in falsetto?

I'm going to take a wild stab at this and say he did in "Tell Me Why You Cried", on A Hard Day's Night: "Is there anything that I can do-ooo?".

Also, maybe in "From Me to You", that high harmony on: "Is there anything I can do-ooo?".

Hey, isn't that the same line !!

Come to think think of it, maybe in "Honey Pie" off The White Album, goes something like "I like the light. I like that kind of music, that kind of music, play it for me, play it for me honey with blues", or something like that.

???
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2008, 07:46:01 PM »

Maybe, maybe, but actually i think it`s just singing in a very high voice. John did sing in falsetto, and Paul???

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 09:43:59 PM »

Some of the singing om McCartney 11 sounds falsetto ?

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 01:20:30 AM »

you can hear all the cracks appearing in his voice and as sandra said he no longer has the sweet innocent tone he once had, everything he sings now has a slight croakiness added to it and also has a hint of droopy the dog.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

On the subject of Paul's vocal abilities, which are amazing, for those who know a thing or two about singing, do you think, in his prime, he would have been able to handle a song like Bridge Over Troubled Water. I'm just using this song as an example because I've just been listening to it and I find Art Garfunkel's vocals to be very impressive. His voice though seems more trained or something. More controlled and powerful. I don't know if Paul ever had that kind of control and power to pull something like that off. I don't find Paul's voice to be very powerful, but then, what do I know! Paul does seem to have more of an ability to change it up though. Not always sounding the same.  

Anyway, I was just wondering what those of you who know about singing think about it. Or is it just comparing apples to oranges in this case? Does Garfunkel even have the range that McCartney had? I don't listen to him much, but do think he has a very beautiful voice.

:)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »

Apples and Oranges....All had great falsetto's but Simon & Garfunkel would win in purity. Macca could growl and scream unlike them coo-ing songbirds. Bridge over troubled water is a stunning song but I imagine Paul in Blackbird/ I Will / Here There Everywhere mode doing an emotional version himself.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »

Quote from: 216
On the subject of Paul's vocal abilities, which are amazing, for those who know a thing or two about singing, do you think, in his prime, he would have been able to handle a song like Bridge Over Troubled Water. I'm just using this song as an example because I've just been listening to it and I find Art Garfunkel's vocals to be very impressive. His voice though seems more trained or something. More controlled and powerful. I don't know if Paul ever had that kind of control and power to pull something like that off. I don't find Paul's voice to be very powerful, but then, what do I know! Paul does seem to have more of an ability to change it up though. Not always sounding the same.  

Anyway, I was just wondering what those of you who know about singing think about it. Or is it just comparing apples to oranges in this case? Does Garfunkel even have the range that McCartney had? I don't listen to him much, but do think he has a very beautiful voice.

:)

i think he could pull it of " yesterday " stylee.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »

Interesting... I don't think Paul would be able to pull off BOTW in the same style as Art Garfunkel (who is amazing) but the song is probably within his range. I can see him doing a growly version of it, a la Golden Slumbers. He couldn't have performed it as angelic as Garfunkel did, though.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »

Thats an interesting thought Sandra , could Paul do a song like "Bridge Over Troubled Water" in his prime .
He's done very few what i would call big ballad type songs , the one that impresses me is  "All My Trials" which he did in his 50's , it's a towering vocal done live i think ?
So maybe yes in his younger days he maybe could have tackled a song like Bridge Over Troubled Water .
I agree though Art Garfunkle gives a stunning vocal on that song .
A song like that is maybe more suitable to someone like George Michael , a guy with a bit of Diva in him (tongue1)(wink1)(teeth1)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »

I've just rememberd Paul doe's a lovely falsetto on "So Bad" , So yes he could do that style of singing(thumbsup)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 90 queries.