Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Should Ringo apologize to Pete?  (Read 13714 times)

Bobber

Re: Should Ringo apologize to Pete?
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »

Quote from: 551
Wow! Is this new news, Cor?

It is.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2008, 03:00:11 PM »

Good old Sir George! I think I'll buy him another fine snifter for his brandy, for him to fondle as he reminisces before the fire.  :)

Quote from: 373
There, Pete got his apology. I wonder if he feels all better now?
You know, I do wonder about this. Pete felt closest to John-- that's beyond recall. George apparently was the most active conniver in getting him replaced-- another lost cause. The only one left to really apologize is Paul, but I'm not sure if that would even help. In the early days it was pretty much "John's band". Would Pete even perceive Paul as having such an active role that an apology from him would be meaningful?
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

62redux

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2008, 05:31:22 AM »

GM's comments as a highly credible and respected (and involved) third party certainly provides a solid vindication in the public eye.   Who knows, maybe the Fabs might have been even BETTER with PB, but the world will never know.

I don't thnk a Ringo apology is needed except for the slanderous "pills" comments all those years ago.

Generally, I'd think an apology would be in order more for the historical marginalization of Pete's very real contributions in the early years, not just from playing, but for the administrative end also.  Bands change members all the time, but for "freinds" to deliberately choose to ignore and marginalize the contributions (and freindships) is the inexcusable part.  Lennon said just as much "we were cowards" in Anthology (or was is "Mythology"?)

Also Both John and George were  quoted saying that they were at there best (or at their peak as a stage act) in hamburg?L'pool: that time was with Pete, so it gives credibility to his importance which I'm sure has been often debated in this forum (I'm new in here actually).  

Long story short: Ya gotta give credit where it's been long overdue, and GM's comments help to provide validation for anyone and everyone that's ever regarded PB as more than just a  footnote.  He's part of the cornerstone of the whole story.

Or maybe GM just feels guilty he didn't include My Bonnie or Cry for A Shadow in the "Love" show ? (just joking)

If Bill H or others are around, they may care to share some comments here and there with some of folks that pop in over on the petebest website from time to time.    I thnk pc31 and/or bobber used to post there sometimes a few years back also.

Actually, someone posted a great commentary about this "apology" subject on pb.com yestrday.  It's quite a good read actually.   (don't worry moderators, I'm not re-directing your members. In fact, I like this DM site now that I've visited a few times, so i'll stick around and lern what I can from some of these great threads. Thanks for having me.)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2008, 09:45:32 AM »

Quote from: 902
Actually, someone posted a great commentary about this "apology" subject on pb.com yestrday.  It's quite a good read actually.   (don't worry moderators, I'm not re-directing your members. In fact, I like this DM site now that I've visited a few times, so i'll stick around and lern what I can from some of these great threads. Thanks for having me.)

Welcome Redux, glad you decided to stick around. And don't worry, you're welcome to post links to other sites here.

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »

I respect both ringo and pete, it would be nice if they could shake hands and let bygones be bygones.
there are only three people on this planet that can call themselves beatles, paul, ringo and pete.
 :)
I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2008, 09:28:49 PM »

Make him an 'All-Starr'.

;)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »

that's a great idea.
make pete an allstarr.
he is a great drummer, why not? ;)
I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2008, 12:18:23 AM »

My opinion: I don't think Ringo needs to apologize.  Like others have said, it was not his idea to have Pete kicked out.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be for Pete.  I always thought, that poor man probably lost many many nights of sleep after they made it big though.  I know I would have.

Everything happens for a reason.
<br />

Bobber

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2008, 07:25:39 AM »

Eventually he didn't come out too bad.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »

Quote from: 1267
I respect both ringo and pete, it would be nice if they could shake hands and let bygones be bygones.

Why? As far as I'm aware, Ringo and Pete didn't really know each other that well. I don't think Ringo has any bygones to let be.

The Pete Best thing has always confused me. He's part of Beatles history, sure, but he was a mediocre drummer who didn't fit in. And their fame arrived after he left the group. Do we think that The Beatles sound would have evolved as it did if Pete had been the drummer? I think not a chance in hell. Of the Beatles drummers that I've heard, Pete comes bottom of the list for me. Sorry Pete fans, I'm sure he a very nice bloke but there's Jimmy Nicol, broke, and not cashing in, and Pete Best going out playing songs that he never recorded.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 60 queries.