Beatles forums > The Beatles

How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?

<< < (171/173) > >>

Maggie0819:
I've always known about The Beatles from school. We often played Beatles songs in music class (usually Let It Be or Yesterday...thank you, Paul!) and a group of girls dressed up as The Beatles during their Sgt. Pepper period and sang Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds during a presentation about finding the skeleton of Lucy. But I first discovered them when I was about 12 years old sitting in my room and suddenly decided to listen to Please Please Me. It blew my mind and I just fell in love. I've been crazy about them ever since and it's still my favourite Beatles album.  :)

Normandie:

Welcome, Maggie0819, and thanks for sharing your Beatles story.  :)

Maggie0819:
Thank you! :)

AbbeyRoad1:

--- Quote from: The End on April 08, 2004, 05:14:57 PM ---When did you first hear of The Beatles? Was it through their films or maybe a track you heard on the radio? What makes their music so special to you? Can you remember what it was that suddenly made you think "wow"?

--- End quote ---
I remember when I first saw them. I was amazed that they sounded so good and they played their own instruments. At the time other music performers were singers but did not play an instrument. Also, these guys had personality! They looked like and acted like the guy who lived next door.

Mike
Michael Shammah
Account Coordinator

KelMar:

--- Quote from: AbbeyRoad1 on August 24, 2016, 06:36:16 PM ---Also, these guys had personality! They looked like and acted like the guy who lived next door.

--- End quote ---

It's a good thing they didn't act like the guys next door to me when I was a kid. They used to throw worms at me. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version