Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Is Paul Losing His Voice?

<< < (12/13) > >>

An Apple Beatle:
Apples and Oranges....All had great falsetto's but Simon & Garfunkel would win in purity. Macca could growl and scream unlike them coo-ing songbirds. Bridge over troubled water is a stunning song but I imagine Paul in Blackbird/ I Will / Here There Everywhere mode doing an emotional version himself.

fendertele:

--- Quote from: 216 ---On the subject of Paul's vocal abilities, which are amazing, for those who know a thing or two about singing, do you think, in his prime, he would have been able to handle a song like Bridge Over Troubled Water. I'm just using this song as an example because I've just been listening to it and I find Art Garfunkel's vocals to be very impressive. His voice though seems more trained or something. More controlled and powerful. I don't know if Paul ever had that kind of control and power to pull something like that off. I don't find Paul's voice to be very powerful, but then, what do I know! Paul does seem to have more of an ability to change it up though. Not always sounding the same.  

Anyway, I was just wondering what those of you who know about singing think about it. Or is it just comparing apples to oranges in this case? Does Garfunkel even have the range that McCartney had? I don't listen to him much, but do think he has a very beautiful voice.

:)
--- End quote ---

i think he could pull it of " yesterday " stylee.

Mairi:
Interesting... I don't think Paul would be able to pull off BOTW in the same style as Art Garfunkel (who is amazing) but the song is probably within his range. I can see him doing a growly version of it, a la Golden Slumbers. He couldn't have performed it as angelic as Garfunkel did, though.

DaveRam:
Thats an interesting thought Sandra , could Paul do a song like "Bridge Over Troubled Water" in his prime .
He's done very few what i would call big ballad type songs , the one that impresses me is  "All My Trials" which he did in his 50's , it's a towering vocal done live i think ?
So maybe yes in his younger days he maybe could have tackled a song like Bridge Over Troubled Water .
I agree though Art Garfunkle gives a stunning vocal on that song .
A song like that is maybe more suitable to someone like George Michael , a guy with a bit of Diva in him (tongue1)(wink1)(teeth1)

DaveRam:
I've just rememberd Paul doe's a lovely falsetto on "So Bad" , So yes he could do that style of singing(thumbsup)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version