Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 51542 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 07:29:16 PM »

It's weird isn't it. The Republicans had the best chance in years to win the White House and they put up such an unimpressive bunch of candidates. And the Trump phenomenon is icing on the cake. interesting times ahead.

I thought Australian politics was bad.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 08:18:34 PM »

If it comes down to Hillary and Trump, i'm not even voting.  On one hand you have Hillary who's a crook and a murderer that will just follow Obamas path of destroying America, or you have Trump who will probably start WW3 because of his idiotic, egotistical, pose as a badass attitude.  I cant in good conscious have my name behind either one of those buffoons. I can stand behind Cruz, but I hate hearing him speak.

We are witnessing the downfall of America as we speak.

Todd, you and I seem to have the exact same political opinions. You pretty much summed up my attitude toward this election.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 11:33:41 PM »

I know Kathleen.  The bad part is I just don't like any of them this year.  At first I kind of liked Rubio and wasn't turned off by Scott Walker, but Walker dropped out and Rubio left me flat in a very short time.  I really liked Romney last year and was crushed when he lost.  Oh well.  I'll continue to pray for the best.

KelMar

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 01:05:23 AM »

Yeah, Todd and Kathy I am really at a loss too. And quite angry about it.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 02:42:30 AM »

I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2016, 02:58:08 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 03:15:47 AM »

1968 Democratic Debate

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 03:22:55 AM »

I'll continue to pray for the best.

That's all we can do.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 08:33:48 AM »

I thought Romney was quite impressive and decent. He was up against an ensconced Obama so that was always going to be a big task to win. I didn't think anyone of his stature was in the campaign this time. Rubio might be good in ten years.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »

Excuse me while I relive 1968...

http://youtu.be/1rVTBCtYjoY

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2016, 07:00:34 AM »

It's always been an endless fascination that the US, which is such an amazing country with such impressive people, seems to put up what are too often such mediocre presidential candidates.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2016, 05:53:45 PM »

You guys are more than welcome here in Canada!  ;yes

You just have to pass a Beatles test to get in!

My offer still stands...... ;D
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

KelMar

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »

It's always been an endless fascination that the US, which is such an amazing country with such impressive people, seems to put up what are too often such mediocre presidential candidates.

It puzzles me too Moog but I think it may have something do with the ever increasing partisanism that exists in this country. I know that the two party system has a long tradition here and that people holding fast to one party or the other is nothing new. Now, though, it seems that the division between the two parties has become a gulf and that some people are using it to advance an agenda of hatred, much like what happens with racism and religious intolerance. And it's not just one party; it happens on both sides of the aisle. Maybe we just see too much coverage of what has always gone on in Washington and the general public is internalizing the chaos. I really don't know much about politics and usually when I don't understand something I attack it head on and learn all I can. But with politics it just feels like there's no way to get at the truth. I've never felt really confident about making a choice when I vote but I've always voted.I see doing so as a way to show respect to those have have sacrificed so that we can. But this time I feel overwhelmed by it all and it's still early! But speaking to the question at hand, it's almost as if some people are choosing a candidate based on how much they will p*ss off the other side and those of us who don't buy into the hatred are left scratching their heads...and worse.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 06:29:24 PM »

But with politics it just feels like there's no way to get at the truth. I've never felt really confident about making a choice when I vote but I've always voted.I see doing so as a way to show respect to those have have sacrificed so that we can. But this time I feel overwhelmed by it all and it's still early! But speaking to the question at hand, it's almost as if some people are choosing a candidate based on how much they will p*ss off the other side and those of us who don't buy into the hatred are left scratching their heads...and worse.

Well put, Kelley. I've never been 100% confident when I've voted. I haven't even been able to drum up much enthusiasm for voting in a presidential election since about 2000, at least.

This entire year so far started off seeming like a joke (Trump?!??), but now it's making me very uneasy. We really seem to be on a downward slide. Race relations just seem to keep getting worse and worse, and the cost of health care coverage still seems to be spiraling out of control. The maturity level of most of the country seems to have dropped to about age 9. Maybe I'm just seeing the bad side of it, thanks to the media coverage, but I feel positively depressed about the current state of events.

Like Todd, if the choice comes down to Trump or Hillary, I'm not voting. I can't, in good conscience, vote for either of them. I would hate to do that, given, as you said, Kelley, that people have fought and died for that right.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:31:14 PM by Normandie »

KelMar

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »

Like Todd, if the choice comes down to Trump or Hillary, I'm not voting. I can't, in good conscience, vote for either of them. I would hate to do that, given, as you said, Kelley, that people have fought and died for that right.

I understand completely completely Kathy and that's where I am at now. I keep trying to figure out what my dad would tell me to do since it's his sacrifice that's  foremost to me. I'm not getting anything though. And you are right about all the appalling things that are becoming commonplace. I think it's the result of a lot of factors but the media fans the fire; not just the news but social media too. Never have people been able to share their opinions so vastly and, too often, with such little forethought.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 01:36:31 AM »

I haven't even been able to drum up much enthusiasm for voting in a presidential election since about 2000, at least.

I lost my enthusiasm in 1968...

http://youtu.be/7_9OJnRnZjU

The whole world is watching!

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 12:23:34 AM »

wow! :-[
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 01:10:12 AM »

The darkest day of all...

! No longer available

:'(

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 12:41:58 AM »

I lost my enthusiasm in 1968...

The whole world is watching!

! No longer available

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2016, 05:58:22 AM »

Expat Tips for When You Flee President Trump   ;D

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/expat-tips-for-when-you-flee-president-trump.html

Canada, Bali, China or Lebanon?
Canada!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Page created in 0.629 seconds with 84 queries.