Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What was the history behind Paul writing Magneto & Titanium Man?  (Read 2020 times)

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
What was the history behind Paul writing Magneto & Titanium Man?
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:52:38 AM »

I heard a comic book podcast the other day play a song by a band called Icarus from a 1971 album Marvel Comics tried to produce, but due to many factors the project was shelved. And the host, while talking about the project, added that McCartney's Magneto & Titanium Man was written FOR this failed project.

First I've EVER heard this story, and read a couple of books centered around Paul's 1970s days.

So is this guy talking out his rear suggesting that McCartney sat on the song for around 4 or so years while other acts, like Icarus faded into music obscurity because of a failed Marvel album project?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: What was the history behind Paul writing Magneto & Titanium Man?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 01:22:10 AM »

I dont know about the failed Marvel album story, but the song was indeed written about Marvel villains Magneto (X-Men) and Titanium Man (Iron Man). Paul was a huge comic book fan, but again, if it was for a failed Marvel project, thats news to me. News I figured I would have heard before (being a comic geek myself), but maybe not.

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
Re: What was the history behind Paul writing Magneto & Titanium Man?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »

Yeah, the failed project did see the light of day in IIRC Japanese release, M&TM wasn't on it, it was all Icarus songs.

HORRID album according to a comic book historian I talked with, his first words after I asked him about it on a Skype chat "Oh GOD that album sucked!"

Anyway, he isn't a Beatle guy, as far as the history and such, fan of the music, but he never heard of McCartney being involved with it either!

My guess is the original guy I heard it from isn't a fan of McCartney as a person and...well you know how that can go =;)

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 41 queries.