Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anthology complaints  (Read 8487 times)

Sadie4

• Getting Better
Re: Anthology complaints
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 07:15:22 PM »

For example? What stuff?
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2004, 09:28:52 AM »

errrrrrr well i think Johns acid phase between sixty six an sixty eight. some people have said he was gobbling acid for breakfast an almost permanately tripping. he seemed to go a bit mad during this perios but it was also when he was at his most creative but the anthology dont talk about it that much. then in hamburg it only skims the surface of the drugs they were doing and all the things that happened to them out there. an in the break up they dont talk about how much John an Paul ended up hating eachother. i like to read about the messy stuff i suppose- the drugs, the fights an all that.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2004, 02:07:22 PM »

[quote by=Kiss_My_Bad_Self link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=21 date=1095931732]errrrrrr well i think Johns acid phase between sixty six an sixty eight. some people have said he was gobbling acid for breakfast an almost permanately tripping. he seemed to go a bit mad during this perios but it was also when he was at his most creative but the anthology dont talk about it that much. then in hamburg it only skims the surface of the drugs they were doing and all the things that happened to them out there. an in the break up they dont talk about how much John an Paul ended up hating eachother. i like to read about the messy stuff i suppose- the drugs, the fights an all that.[/quote]

There's plenty of other books out there that cover that stuff, whether it be true or not.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2004, 06:59:24 PM »

[quote by=Kiss_My_Bad_Self link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=21 date=1095931732]errrrrrr well i think Johns acid phase between sixty six an sixty eight. some people have said he was gobbling acid for breakfast an almost permanately tripping. he seemed to go a bit mad during this perios but it was also when he was at his most creative but the anthology dont talk about it that much. then in hamburg it only skims the surface of the drugs they were doing and all the things that happened to them out there. an in the break up they dont talk about how much John an Paul ended up hating eachother. i like to read about the messy stuff i suppose- the drugs, the fights an all that.[/quote]

I suppose censorship was still working at the time the Anthology was being written.

althea

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2004, 01:03:42 AM »

[quote by=daytrip202 link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1087956698,s=7 date=1090604977]I personally love the entire Anthology, but there is so much missing from the story.  Cynthia Lennon is virtually ignored with, and I don't remember Jane Asher being mentioned at all.  Perhaps they did not deem them important enough, but they were IMHO.  I did not think of the Paul is Dead rumour, but that should definitly have ben included.   I guess you can't fit it all in though.  I'm happy with it overall.  Books need to be read as well.[/quote]

About Jane Asher - I remember Paul saying somewhere (I don't know if it was the Anthology book) that he doesn't talk about her publicly because she doesn't talk about him. Respecting her privacy as much as anything else, I guess.
all together now...

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 10:37:10 AM »

When he mentioned living at the Ahsers* the family name isnt mentioned, nor is any great detail given... yet in Many years from now by Barry Miles... half the book is about the Ashers home!
So that public privacy went out the window :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 03:06:16 PM »

That's right,. But who knows? He may have contacted the Ashers (Peteer, for example) to ask permission to name them in his biography...

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2004, 04:23:23 PM »

yeah, your probaly right Sadie.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2004, 07:52:31 AM »

yeah I also think they were missing alot of stuff my dad thinks so too :-/

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2004, 01:53:05 AM »

maybe they are saving it for another updated version....

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2004, 09:48:10 AM »

That's what I think, They may be reserving something for the Anthology 2 book

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2004, 08:59:05 AM »

The Anthoology Book is loaded with great beatle pics, ;-D

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2004, 06:48:36 AM »

I always wished they talked more about the Paul is Dead rumor I mean most of it is just coincidence but their are some songs like "Glass Onion" for example with the line "And here's another clue for you all the walrus was Paul."  I mean that always seemed like a deliberatlly planted clue to me like maybe it was their response to the whole silly rumor.  The Anthology is in fact a fine look at The Beatles and it is what they set out to do talk about the band and the music and the songs and where they come from and the experiences they shared and that is all really.  I mean they could have had another 2 hours talking about wives and families and after the breakup and John's death but even though we all would have paid more money to see more footage we really don't need to see miscilanious footage like this because it doesn't involve The Beatles generally which is what the Anthology was about.  The only other thing I was upset about was that they left out the "Hey Bulldog" video which was discovered after the Anthology origionally aired and they said it would have been included with the Anthology but it wasn't found in time, well they could have included the video on the DVD version and that would have been nice but oh well.  As for updating the Anthology and making like Anthology 2 that would be great but I mean John and George are dead now and as fun as it is hearing Paul and Ringo talk about The Beatles John and George's point of views would be lost even though they could put in clips of them but I mean you wouldn't be able to ask them any new questions or get new opinions on anything.

Well that's my 2 cents.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • (&quot;\(#^_^)/&quot;)
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2004, 07:29:11 AM »

yeah, they should have done that when they began to talk about abby road, the cover
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 70 queries.