Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Best Album Closer  (Read 12693 times)

Harrison

• A Beginning
Re: Best Album Closer
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 12:54:41 AM »

It was originally gonna be.
Here comes the sun, doo doo doo doo
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 01:05:58 AM »

[quote by=TurnMeOnDeadman link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=17 date=1101771524]I was gonna choose " Good Night " but its not even a choice[/quote]

Um... there IS an Other (Please Specify) choice, dude.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 01:08:29 AM »

[quote by=Harrison link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=18 date=1101771621]

Her Majesty was originally gonna be between Mean Mr. Mustard and Polythene Pam but they had to move it to the of the record in post production.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2004, 04:39:09 AM »

Um... there IS an Other (Please Specify) choice, dude.

Thats why i specified it dude, i chose other, and specified it...I ment I was gonna choose good night but it wasnt on there so i chose Good Night

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2004, 04:40:36 AM »

oh, i chose slumber/weight/end....i was gonna choose good night, then i chose the end

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2004, 04:58:13 AM »

A Day in the Life. It's an amazing, groundbreaking song and a hell of a closer. That sustained note is SO recognizable even taken out of the song. And I just LOVE the orchestra build up before it. Plus the "I'd love to tuuurrn youuou ononn" is so cool. John's voice is perfect. Like George Martin said: It sends chills down your spine! Or something like that.  JEEZ!!!! They were so BRILLIANT!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 12:09:46 AM »

A Day In The Life. Just hearing Johns voice sends shivers down my spine :P

GroovinUpSlowly

• A Beginning
  • Raise the spirit of peace and love
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 12:52:20 AM »

Tomorrow Never Knows!!!!!!!! Yay George!!!!!!!! <3
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
//o-o\\//- -\\ love is real, real is love
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.[/

Polly

• One And One Is Two
  • Peace and luv.
    • Newspaper Taxi
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2004, 08:10:54 PM »

It was really hard picking between Golden Slumbers and A Day In The Life.  But I finally settled on Golden Slumbers. I've just always really really loved it.
&quot;And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make&quot;

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 10:08:10 PM »

I'll Be Back.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2004, 10:22:25 PM »

Yea, the Beatles DEFINITELY knew that that album was their last:

http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/ctw.htm

1:18
It sounds like half the voices are singing "Paul, you're gonna ..."

Interesting little tidbit there.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2004, 12:05:22 AM »

Golden Slumbers or A Day In The Life, hmmmm.......I went for the former of the two.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • (&quot;\(#^_^)/&quot;)
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2004, 07:04:35 AM »

A day in life so far is the best one ;-D

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2004, 08:00:47 PM »

[quote by=Lostio link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=16 date=1100112011]

A Day In The Life, Tomorrow Never Knows and All You Need Is Love came close.[/quote]

Actually, I hadn't thought about All You Need is Love but that IS a good closer. How it sort of goes out all...mad and "WOOHOO!" like that and the overall feeling that you can get from the song.

A Day in the Life is probably my favourite song up there, it was a great way to slip out of Pepper's. It's what I voted for -- sort of going "best closing song on an album", here.

But the "best way to close an album" would probably be the Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End medley. The first time I listened to Abbey Road all the way through, how that closed -- I was sitting there, "O_O Whoa." because it was such a PERFECT ENDING.

...er...until "Her Majesty" pops out of nowhere. I just kinda shrugged over that. X3;;;;

[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2004, 08:06:12 PM »

[quote by=strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=33 date=1103745647]

But the "best way to close an album" would probably be the Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End medley. The first time I listened to Abbey Road all the way through, how that closed -- I was sitting there, "O_O Whoa." because it was such a PERFECT ENDING.

...er...until "Her Majesty" pops out of nowhere. I just kinda shrugged over that. X3;;;;

[/quote]

To me, Her Majesty is the real closer of Abbey Road. It really ends the album, doesn't it?

JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
  • In my life....I love you more
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2004, 11:45:55 PM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=34 date=1103745972]

To me, Her Majesty is the real closer of Abbey Road. It really ends the album, doesn't it?

[/quote]

I especially like the Golden Slumbers suits, but, I agree that the real closer is Her Majesty (even though it was added on in the wrong place).  So , I would have to go for Tomorrow Never Knows.  It always leaves wanting more.  And, if you listen to the albums chronologically, it's a great lead into Sgt. Pepper's....now, that sounds great.

Here's another clue for you all; the Walrus was Paul...

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2004, 03:48:24 PM »

[quote by=Will_Campbell link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=35 date=1103759155]

I especially like the Golden Slumbers suits, but, I agree that the real closer is Her Majesty (even though it was added on in the wrong place).

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2004, 09:54:29 AM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=34 date=1103745972]

To me, Her Majesty is the real closer of Abbey Road. It really ends the album, doesn't it?[/quote]

Right. Well, it doesn't really matter what people think of Her Majesty, if you really look at it, there are songs before Her Majesty, and there is nothing after Her Majesty. Based on these two factors, there's really no denying that Her Majesty closed the album. There is absolutely no point trying to say Her Majesty isn't an album closer, and anyone who tries to will get no-where. Her Majesty is at the end of the album, although I admit it is kind of dodgy to see that it's after The End, but nevertheless is closes the album. What's the point denying it? Do you expect to wait two seconds after Her Majesty and hear more? You won't. It doesn't matter if the song was supposed to close the album or not. It doesn't matter if it was thrown on the end of the Abbey Road mix against Paul's orders. What matters is that it is at the end of the album, and when Her Majesty finishes, the needle rises, or the disc stops and displays Track 1 (depending on the format you're listening it in). Anyway, on the vinyl cover, Her Majesty isn't even mentioned. If you can't face the fact that Her Majesty is the last track on the album, why not pretend it's still part of The End? If not, tough. What's done is done.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:28 PM »

[quote by=Revolution_9 link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1098907126,s=37 date=1104141269]

Right. Well, it doesn't really matter what people think of Her Majesty, if you really look at it, there are songs before Her Majesty, and there is nothing after Her Majesty. Based on these two factors, there's really no denying that Her Majesty closed the album. There is absolutely no point trying to say Her Majesty isn't an album closer, and anyone who tries to will get no-where. Her Majesty is at the end of the album, although I admit it is kind of dodgy to see that it's after The End, but nevertheless is closes the album. What's the point denying it? Do you expect to wait two seconds after Her Majesty and hear more? You won't. It doesn't matter if the song was supposed to close the album or not. It doesn't matter if it was thrown on the end of the Abbey Road mix against Paul's orders. What matters is that it is at the end of the album, and when Her Majesty finishes, the needle rises, or the disc stops and displays Track 1 (depending on the format you're listening it in). Anyway, on the vinyl cover, Her Majesty isn't even mentioned. If you can't face the fact that Her Majesty is the last track on the album, why not pretend it's still part of The End? If not, tough. What's done is done.[/quote]

Nice rant, but...

It's not on the album track list because it wasn't supposed to be.  The End was what the Beatles intentioned to be their closer, and it's obvious by the feeling of the song.  Her Majesty was supposed to be after Mean Mr. Mustard.  Her Majesty should only be considered a bonus track, because it really doesn't matter if it IS in the end of the album, the point is the last song they all recorded together and the last song they all went, "OK, this will close the album," was the Golden Slumbers Suite.  A lot of us don't care that Her Majesty really ends the album, because it wasn't supposed to, and some of us don't consider it a true ending, and it was definitely not the ending that was intended.  Since the Beatles and George Martin didn't really say Her Majesty was going to be the ending, then The End is, and it's much more suitable and, IMO, the REAL swan song of the Beatles.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2004, 07:15:43 PM »

Her Majesty was going to be tossed on the cutting-room floor but somebody liked it enough to save it and put it at the end of the tape. It originally wasn't supposed to even be on Abbey Road.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 88 queries.