Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unreleased Beatles Song You'd Most like to hear  (Read 3692 times)

ringostarr1983

• One And One Is Two
Unreleased Beatles Song You'd Most like to hear
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »

What of these unreleased Beatles songs do you want to hear most? (if anyone knows any others let me know and I can add it in)
<br />&quot;Its me active compensation factor is the reason I play the drums.&quot;

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Unreleased Beatles Song You'd Most like to hear
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:18:07 AM »

I'd love to hear them all, but I went with 'Love You To (Take 1)' just for giggles and such.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

madman

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »

I'll pick "Carnival Of Light", since it's here, but I'd love to hear the 28 minute version of "Helter Skelter"!

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »

"Etcetera," which is the most promising sounding song of the lot. Paul apparently wrote it for Marianne Faithfull in 1968, but the tape has been lost.

http://www.richieunterberger.com/rumored.html

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »

I agree on "Love You To", it'd be so cool to hear that take. But I think "Carnival Of Light" comes first. I mean, a somewhat complete or at least complete to The Beatles "song" or perhaps "collage" from Pepper time not being released? What ARE they thinking? As much acclaim Pepper has got, you think every shred of anything related to it would have been out by now. If it was Sir George Martin who vetoed it, then thats another regret besides the Strawberry Fields single release. But beggars can't be choosers, so I'd take any of them really.
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 12:06:33 AM »

Quote from: 1373
What of these unreleased Beatles songs do you want to hear most? (if anyone knows any others let me know and I can add it in)

you need Helter Skelter Take 3 on the poll! that's what I want to hear!

and what's all the hoopla about Love You To take 1????
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 05:18:38 AM »

George Martin on why the long version of "Helter Skelter" was left off Anthology 3:

Perhaps the Holy Grail of unheard Beatles outtakes is this legendary 27-minute version of "Helter Skelter," at a session also producing ten- and twelve-minute versions. In The Beatles Recording Sessions,  Mark Lewisohn noted that "each take developed into a tight and concisely played jam with long instrumental passages." The four-and-a-half-minute edit of take 2 on Anthology 3  lowered expectations, however, as even this truncated version both veered on tedium and was far inferior to the final arrangement, with its dragging tempo and rote blues-rock guitar licks. Explaining why a longer version was not chosen for the Anthology CD compilations in a 1995 Dutch interview (as seen in the bonus disc of the bootlegged director's cut of the Anthology documentary), George Martin was blunt: "I think it gets boring." His elaboration perhaps gave away more than he would have liked about the core philosophy behind the Anthology collections: "In making these records, my consideration has been to put in works that are interesting to the majority of people. Not to Beatle fanatics. And I have to look at the public as a broad, interesting thing. And I don't want to put anything that people are going to say"

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 10:02:15 AM »

Quote from: 1309
I agree on "Love You To", it'd be so cool to hear that take. But I think "Carnival Of Light" comes first. I mean, a somewhat complete or at least complete to The Beatles "song" or perhaps "collage" from Pepper time not being released? What ARE they thinking? As much acclaim Pepper has got, you think every shred of anything related to it would have been out by now. If it was Sir George Martin who vetoed it, then thats another regret besides the Strawberry Fields single release. But beggars can't be choosers, so I'd take any of them really.

George Martin didn't veto 'Carnival Of Light', George Harrison did. Here's a description of it:

"the song included "distorted, hypnotic drum and organ sounds, a distorted lead guitar, the sound of a church organ, various effects (water gargling was one) and, perhaps most intimidating of all, John Lennon and McCartney screaming dementedly and bawling aloud random phrases like "Are you alright?" and "Barcelona!"

If you want to listen to the sound of an Elephant arriving through the birth canal of a donkey, fine!

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 06:44:52 AM »

i'd like to hear to all of them! awww!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:18 AM »

It seems that the song that Beatle fans most want to hear is 'Carnival Of Light'. You know, I bet everyone is going to be very disappointed in this. It's nothing more than a 15 minute improvised freak out. Done in one take. That's all the time they spent on it. I'd like to hear it, but I'm not expecting much. Same goes for Helter Skelter.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »

"Carnival Of Light" sounds as though it was recorded in the same haphazard / spontaneous way as "Two Virgins," which doesn't sound very encouraging to me, either, although if a bootleg of the thing appeared I'd be the first guy (on this continent, anyway) to grab a copy. The five minute edit of "Helter Skelter" on Anthology 3 doesn't bode well for the remaining forty five or so unreleased minutes of that song's takes, either.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 03:15:23 AM »

I am honestly not that interested in hearing Carnival of Light. It sounds like another Revolution No. 9 to me.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 08:26:26 AM »

All for love.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »

Quote from: 218
I am honestly not that interested in hearing Carnival of Light. It sounds like another Revolution No. 9 to me.

I think it's even worse.

NoNameR

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »

I happen to really like Revolution 9. But I doubt that anything like that sort of compulsive, mesmerising effort was put into Carnival of Light.

They sweated over Rev#9 for days, didn't they? And they sweated over Carnival for 15 minutes...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »

Quote from: 1571
I happen to really like Revolution 9.

Me too. :)

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »

What's the significance of Love You To (take 1)? I've never heard anything about it. Is it just George on an acoustic or something? or maybe a take involving all the other Beatles (I think Ringo is the only other on the master). anyway, I must have glossed over this in Lewishon's book. What's the big deal with Love You To take 1?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

From Richie Unterberger's 'Unreleased Beatles'.

"Love You To," take 1 (studio outtake), April 11, 1966: The most intriguing of the Revolver outtakes known to have been taped is an acoustic version of George Harrison's "Love You To" with Paul McCartney on backing vocals that must have been considerably different in this early form than the Indian-flavored final album track.

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 08:35:46 PM »

Quote from: 483
From Richie Unterberger's 'Unreleased Beatles'.

"Love You To," take 1 (studio outtake), April 11, 1966: The most intriguing of the Revolver outtakes known to have been taped is an acoustic version of George Harrison's "Love You To" with Paul McCartney on backing vocals that must have been considerably different in this early form than the Indian-flavored final album track.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting and I'd very much like to hear this. I wonder if it's fast paced like the master.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 79 queries.