Beatles forums > Remasters

I don't get this...

(1/3) > >>

Beatlemaniac64:
Ok, this is about the Beatles re-mastered CDs. Maybe this has already been discussed before or maybe I'm an idiot for not getting this. But anyways, I know that the sound quality of the songs have been enhanced by the re-masters. What I don't get is why some of the songs are not only enhanced, but different. Like in Please Please Me, on the second line of the third verse, it sounds like one of them (John or Paul) made a mistake or something. It sounds like one is singing "I know you never even try, girl" and the other is singing "I know I never even try, girl". It didn't sound like that before the re-masters. Then in Thank You Girl, there's a bit of harmonica at the end that wasn't there before.

Not that I don't like the re-masters, I love them. I just don't get this one thing about them. Maybe it's because (like the Please Please Me example) they're trying to present the songs more the way they should be? Maybe in the previous release of Please Please Me they covered up that mistake in that one line. And maybe now they intentionally didn't cover it up. I don't know...

peterbell1:

--- Quote from: Beatlemaniac64 on July 15, 2011, 05:03:38 PM ---Ok, this is about the Beatles re-mastered CDs. Maybe this has already been discussed before or maybe I'm an idiot for not getting this. But anyways, I know that the sound quality of the songs have been enhanced by the re-masters. What I don't get is why some of the songs are not only enhanced, but different. Like in Please Please Me, on the second line of the third verse, it sounds like one of them (John or Paul) made a mistake or something. It sounds like one is singing "I know you never even try, girl" and the other is singing "I know I never even try, girl". It didn't sound like that before the re-masters. Then in Thank You Girl, there's a bit of harmonica at the end that wasn't there before.

Not that I don't like the re-masters, I love them. I just don't get this one thing about them. Maybe it's because (like the Please Please Me example) they're trying to present the songs more the way they should be? Maybe in the previous release of Please Please Me they covered up that mistake in that one line. And maybe now they intentionally didn't cover it up. I don't know...

--- End quote ---

I assume you're now listening to the stereo remastered version of the CDs, while the previous versions of those early period songs on CD have always been in mono.
The mistake on PPM is on the stereo version but not mono, and the stereo Thank You Girl has the extra harmonica bits.
Welcome to the joys of mono versus stereo!

Beatlemaniac64:
Thanks, guess I should've known that.  :) And yeah, I have the stereo remasters.

tkitna:

--- Quote from: Beatlemaniac64 on July 15, 2011, 10:55:13 PM ---Thanks, guess I should've known that.  :) And yeah, I have the stereo remasters.

--- End quote ---

Dont worry, you have the good version.  ha2ha

Badgirl66:

--- Quote from: tkitna on July 16, 2011, 01:33:20 PM ---Dont worry, you have the good version.  ha2ha

--- End quote ---
Yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version