Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - Norwegian Wood

<< < (3/10) > >>

nimrod:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on May 04, 2013, 12:58:38 PM ---Tkitna- I chuckled out loud (col?) when I saw your reply on this.  I can remember you saying you are "sick of it" but still crediting good songs on many, many songs. We all go through getting sick of songs, comes with being fanatics I guess.  I hope you can still listen to these songs you are sick of and enjoy them to some degree.

--- End quote ---

yeah....Im sick of tkitna saying he's sick of songs... >:(

(just kidding todd)  ha2ha

tkitna:
I'm sick of all of you.

nimrod:

[/quote]
--- Quote from: tkitna on May 05, 2013, 05:47:25 AM ---I'm sick of all of you.

--- End quote ---

2ch

Kevin:
I like this song - one of the last and maybe best of John's Dylan period. Acid was about to lead him elsewhere.
Not sure about the sitar. I think george's inability to play it has turned a shimmering ethereal instrument into what sounds like some learner plunking on a ukelele. I can see why other bands who had previously tried to record with the thing had decided against it.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
In my opinion, "Norwegian Wood" is part of the Holy Trinity of Rubber Soul together with "In My Life" and "Nowhere Man". These three songs are all in my Top 10 Beatles favorite songs list, no wonder why Rubber Soul is my very favorite album.

About the song, it has one of the best ironic lyrics ever, and the melody always captured me. Add also a mystic sitar and you get the masterpiece it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version