Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Why do some John people dislike Paul so much?  (Read 16789 times)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
Re: Why do some John people dislike Paul so much?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 09:33:04 PM »

I hate it when people say stuff like 'John = The Beatles' or 'Paul = The Beatles'
Dare I speak math:

John + Paul + George + Ringo = The Beatles.

Quote from: 1620
I don't have a problem with John fans loving John.

*raises hand*  (wave1)
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »

Dr Robert, thank you for your post very much. You have expressed here very true ideas IMO.
I think the band started to disband because of the inner coup staged by Paul. The band was founded by Lennon, he was its leader. But somebody started to oust the founding member. Things are not done that way, if you want to be a new leader form a new band. I should say that Lennon was extremely democratic, he never claimed leadership. And it was ok while nobody else claimed it either. Kind of all equal, at least, John and Paul equal. But when Paul with his ambitions tried to get the upper hand it all collapsed. The other guys were not such nincompoops, he thought they were, to tolerate this.
Nevertheless, I love Paul and right now I am into his Speed Of the Sound.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »

Quote from: 1393

No, Penny Lane, not you, you are not trying to do it. I have never thought that the other Beatles contributions were less. For me they are one unit, which would have never succeeded with one element missing. I think that John`s fans treat all the Beatles equally, they know that John is better (not because he was better actually, but because they love him more, since they are his fans) and follow his legacy. Why don`t Paul`s fans follow suit? Relax and stop their percentage calculations to prove that Paul is better. That causes a negative reaction. John`s fans never calculate which of them did what and which of them made more films. If there`s another film about Macca`s concert they wouldn`t say a word. Why not have 100, 1000, 10000 films about Paul. Or his love affairs. They do not criticise Paul.
But Paul`s fans seem to be very jealous of everything connected with John and criticise him all the way. Put him down. Why? Relax. You know that Paul is better, for the same reason that John`s fans know John is better. Nobody is better, George was as great as each of our heroes, and Ringo is not trailing behind, BTW.  

Jane, I don't think this is a fair assessment. As a Beatles fan, I love them all, even though Paul is my favourite. I think perhaps the reason you seem to be seeing a lot of anti-John sentiment is because he has been canonized for so many years. It is only recently that we have begun to acknowledge John's faults after so many years of him being a dead sainted Beatle. Paul's faults, on the other hand, have always been out in the open, and rehashed many a time by Lennon fans and McCartney fans alike. Yes, he's a egomaniacal control freak, and all the rest. This has been said many times, and we know it's fact. There's no need, really, to state what is already common knowledge. But if anyone tried to bring up the fact that maybe John's political leanings were a little less than sincere, everyone blows up.

In my experience, the largest amount of Beatle-bashing comes from John fans to Paul fans. That's how it has always been. John = God and Paul = fluff. I can't believe you don't see this. I just think that DM's is the exceptio; we can see both sides of the story, for the most part.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »

Mairi! I very much appreciate your explaining your point of view to me. Please, understand (and the others as well! Please!) that I come from a different from yours place. I have an absolutely different education and background and environment and surrounding. People here know about the Beatles, certainly, but they have never been so keen on them to the detail as you write they were in the USA. Lennon is no hero here, and Paul is just another singer. We have our own stars and canonized rock-stars like Victor Tzoi from Kino (I love him very much, but he died young  :'( )
It`s total news for me to hear that it has been all vice versa with Paul and John. In fact I myself never thought of them in such terms as the ones stated. I didn`t know John was canonized to god, I am not a fan who belongs to a Beatles` club paying contributions, delivering lectures and conducting debates, and meeting regularly, though there are such individuals. The most famous of them is Kolya Vasin from StPetersburg, who has John Lennon`s autograph. And I just adore them and listen to them regularly. That is why I was so surprised to hear people speak about John so lowly and backlash at me when I, naturally, started to defend John. I even couldn`t understand why nobody defended him as well. Believe me, it`s true. Mairi, I think I see what you mean.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »

I should say that Lennon was extremely democratic, he never claimed leadership.

sorry?
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

It`s total news for me to hear that it has been all vice versa with Paul and John. In fact I myself never thought of them in such terms as the ones stated. I didn`t know John was canonized to god, I am not a fan who belongs to a Beatles` club paying contributions, delivering lectures and conducting debates, and meeting regularly, though there are such individuals. The most famous of them is Kolya Vasin from StPetersburg, who has John Lennon`s autograph. And I just adore them and listen to them regularly. That is why I was so surprised to hear people speak about John so lowly and backlash at me when I, naturally, started to defend John. I even couldn`t understand why nobody defended him as well. Believe me, it`s true. Mairi, I think I see what you mean.

janie dear, it might be an idea to open your heart and mind a little bit before you start screaming. some people might have a point.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 08:37:14 PM »

Quote from: 748

sorry?

OT - Just wondering, porker, who's the swinette in the avatar, and who was the walrus-head in the previous one?

It's getting hard to keep up, you've kind of been on a frenetic avatar roll since the dismembered swine heads. Inquiring (Enquiring?) minds want to know ...
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »

Quote from: 568

OT - Just wondering, porker, who's the swinette in the avatar, and who was the walrus-head in the previous one?

It's getting hard to keep up, you've kind of been on a frenetic avatar roll since the dismembered swine heads. Inquiring (Enquiring?) minds want to know ...

some people hate changes. i love them. i havent got a clue who those people are but it looks fine to me. i presume you agree.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »

some people hate changes. i love them. i havent got a clue who those people are but it looks fine to me. i presume you agree.

Much more pleasing to the eye without Walrus headgear to distract.

OT, I was just wondering if there is softwear to blow up avatars to full size ...  ;)

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

MandyBuglet

• A Beginning
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »

Me, I like all four Beatles, and even though Ringo's my favorite, I don't think any one was better than the other three.

Quote from: 284
we hate the fact paul fans go on and on about paul.... ;D
But...isn't that what all fans do?
Go on and on about the person they love?

Or did you mean you hate how they go on and on about how he can do no wrong?
Because I'm with ya there :).

BlueMeanie

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »

I don't favour either of them. I've never been a huge solo fan in any case. The way I see it, and it's not just here, no-one is damming John, it's a backlash against those that seek to Deify him. The rediculous implication that Lennon is/was some kind of saintly figure going around preaching peace all his life, when the facts tell a different story. The more his fans seek to place him alongside the likes of Mother Theresa, the more Paul's fan base will react strongly against it. Nobody hates John, but some are tired of the constant elevation of him to some godlike status, while Paul is vilified by all and sundry.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »

Quote from: 1620

Wait a minute...  What about "Across the Universe" on that album?  One of John's finest moments?

But written in 67 and recorded in 68. hardly a new piece of material for the album
don't follow leaders

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 01:45:12 PM »

Quote from: 568

Much more pleasing to the eye without Walrus headgear to distract.

OT, I was just wondering if there is softwear to blow up avatars to full size ...  ;)

i always thought you were such a neat man. type caring father and all that.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

He is more like Tom Jones, Cliff Richard, Leo Sayer, which is very good in itself, but farther from rock than Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, John Lennon and Chris Martin are.

Bless you Jane. I was with you until the Chris Martin as rock god bit. He's married to a Hollywood actress and is a tofu eating vegetarian yoga-dude.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 05:51:03 PM »

Leo Sayer???

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »

i always thought you were such a neat man. type caring father and all that.

Not so neat, but clean. Very clean.

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »

Quote from: 185

Bless you Jane. I was with you until the Chris Martin as rock god bit. He's married to a Hollywood actress and is a tofu eating vegetarian yoga-dude.

Kevin, in fact, I wanted to write Liam Gallagher (sure!) instead of Chris Martin so as to mention a young rocker but dared not do it as there are some posters who hate him, so I chose to be on the safe side. And Chris is decent, nice, not contraversial, married to an American beauty but having a rocker-image (I didn`t say he was a rock-star). I thought BM wouldn`t protest against the company. And I was right, he didn`t. But unfortunately he did protest against Leo Sayer. Many Paul`s songs are as sweet as Leo`s.

Would you accept Liam there?  

BlueMeanie

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »

I thought BM wouldn`t protest against the company. And I was right, he didn`t. But unfortunately he did protest against Leo Sayer. [/quote]

What the fu*k's that got to do with anything? Oh sorry, did you think you were being attacked?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »

Absolutely not. The only thing I was wrong at was mentioning Leo. Now I see my mistake.

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »

Besides Rock is more dear to my heart than Pop, and John is much more Rock.
One idea - John perfectly fits the image of a rock star, while Paul doesn`t. He fits the image of a bourgeois pop star. He is more like Tom Jones, Cliff Richard, Leo Sayer, which is very good in itself, but farther from rock than Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, John Lennon and Chris Martin are.

Hey i know Paul is quite a private person and can appear bland but comparing him to Tom Jones, Leo Sayer and Cliff is just plain offensive. He's had a FIFTY YEAR CAREER off course he's mellowed. While he hasnt been a memeber of the zeitgeist since the late 70s try to remember that for almost TWO DECADES he was very fashionalble. I think most people would become passe after that much exposure.

And no offence but Jagger and Lennon and most definatly Chris Martin are not rock stars. All three off them lived very pampered lives once they became sucsessful to pretend otherwise is silly. (Clapton though is rock and roll)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 85 queries.