Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Starr/Petty/Lynne/Walsh/Keltner - I Call Your Name - YAY or NAY?  (Read 2989 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning

I like it as much as the original with The Beatles, so Yay for me.

Ringo Starr, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne - I Call Your Name

Ringo - vocals/drums
Tom Petty - bass
Jeff Lynne - guitar
Joe Walsh - guitar
Jim Keltner - cowbell

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Starr/Petty/Lynne/Walsh/Keltner - I Call Your Name - YAY or NAY?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »

Yeah, I think it's a great version as well.

I remember going to a John Lennon tribute concert which was held at the Pier Head in Liverpool (it was 1990 I think) and they played this video during the concert (presumably because Ringo couldn't/wouldn't turn up in person).
Was the song done especially for that tribute concert?

Paul sent a video too - he did a medley of Love Me Do and PS I Love You.

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »

Was the song done especially for that tribute concert?

I don't know, but I do know that it was a tribute to John Lennon. I didn't know about that concert.

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »

I don't know, but I do know that it was a tribute to John Lennon. I didn't know about that concert.

It was May 1990. Here's the acts that performed live .......

Al Green, Cyndi Lauper, Dave Edmunds, Joe Cocker, Hall & Oates, Terence Trent D'Arby, Kylie Minogue, Lou Reed, Wet Wet Wet, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Deacon Blue, Natalie Cole, Lou Gramm, Justin Hayward & John Lodge (Moody Blues), Lenny Kravitz, Roberta Flack,  Randy Travis, The Christians, Natalie Cole, and finally Yoko & Sean singing Give Peace a Chance with all the acts back on stage to join in.

I think Christopher Reeve was the presenter.

There were special video performances sent in by Paul, Ringo/Tom Petty/etc, Dave Stewart/Roger McGuinn, and Ray Charles

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 42 queries.