Solo forums > John Lennon

Where Were You?

<< < (3/47) > >>

Crazy Diamond:
Nowhere. :D

NothingIsReal:
I was negative 7 years and some-odd months old

bizmopeen:
I had just gotten into the Beatles not too long before, and I was eating breakfast the morning after when I heard.  They played "Imagine" on WLS radio in Chicago, and I remember thinking "Cool! You don't hear this on the radio everyday..."   A few minutes later, the DJ came on and announced the sad news.  I remember being in shock, my mom and I had one of those movie moments where we literally both froze and looked at each other...for some reason, I remember she was pouring milk into my brother's cereal (good thing she snapped out of it before the bowl overflowed...)  It was doubly sad, as she introduced me to the Beatles at an early age, playing "Abbey Road" and "Let it Be" for me when they first came out; I was but a toddler at the time.  It was sad for both of us to lose him, but I'm glad we were together for it...

Sondra:
Wow, touching stories. The one about Yoko made me tear up! I remember it so well. I was getting ready for school when my cousin came over bursting to tell me the news. She knew I was a Beatle nut. At first I didn't believe her! I'm like, yeah right, it was SO unbelievable!! My best friend was so upset she didn't get to tell me first. Funny how concerned they were. I can't remember much after that other than being at school and seeing my music teacher crying. The rest of the week was so sad. I remember watching people on tv all over the world during the 10 minutes of silence. What an amazing person he was to have touched so many people.

Harlena McStarkney:
I was negative 7 years, 3 months, and 10 days old.  I remember it well...lol

I asked my mom what she remembers about it...she was never really a "hardcore" fan, even though she DID like the Beatles a lot.  She said she doesn't really remember what she was doing at the time, only that she felt a little bad after hearing the news.  But then again, my mom has never really been a hardcore fan of anybody.  She just doesn't get all googly-eyed about celebrities the way I do. (grin)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version