Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mr. Conductor  (Read 3329 times)

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
Mr. Conductor
« on: May 29, 2008, 04:37:50 AM »

My real first introduction to a Beatle was when I was a kid and watched Ringo on "Shining Time Station" here in America, or "Thomas The Tank Engine" in England. I might be repeating a thread, but anyone else first introduced to Ringo this way?
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

BlueMeanie

Re: Mr. Conductor
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »

No. But what's with the thread title?

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 07:20:45 PM »

He played a railroad conductor on the show.
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »

Quote from: 1309
My real first introduction to a Beatle was when I was a kid and watched Ringo on "Shining Time Station" here in America, or "Thomas The Tank Engine" in England. I might be repeating a thread, but anyone else first introduced to Ringo this way?

I watched Shining Time Station when I was young too. The weird thing is that I was already into the Beatles and have seen pictures of Ringo on my dad's album covers.....but I never noticed that he was Mr. Conductor. then one day my dad was in the living room reading the newspaper while I was watching it and he heard his Ringo talking. he looked up from his paper and said "you know that's Ringo from the Beatles, right?"

my response? "No dad, that's Mr. Conductor." haha, gimme a break, I was like 7 years old at the time.
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:50:06 AM »

Hee, cute story, ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs.

You remind me of when I was young, and my parents wanted to see this movie because there was a certain actor in it. "But doesn't it spoil it," I asked, "if you realize this is a whole other guy and he's just pretending?"
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »

He had a great voice for that part!

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
  • in the middle of the roundabout
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:51 PM »

You gotta love Ringo......

(i think his expression says it all)
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »

It says
"Thomas was a feisty little engine"

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »

man I LOVED that show when I was little!  I didn't really realize that it was Ringo until about 7 years back when I "re-discovered" the Beatles and was looking at some of my dad's albums.  And at that it was originally played by George Carlin (I'm pretty sure...)  I found a couple of clips on YouTube.
Original Mr Conductor:
<a href="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpYcMBYWck" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpYcMBYWck</a>
(sorry about the grainy vid...)
Ringo!:
<a href="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=AeBYKATLYlM&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=AeBYKATLYlM&amp;feature=related</a>

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »

Oh wow, I remember watching "Shining Time Station" when I was a bit younger.  The thing is, I was already a Beatles fan by the time I first saw it, but I wasn't really aware that he acted in the show.  I didn't pay a lot of attention to the episodes until I noticed that the conductor's voice sounded an awful lot like Ringo's!  I think I spent days agonizing and wondering if it was really him or not.   ;D

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 68 queries.