Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Beatles References in modern shows  (Read 106290 times)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatles References in modern shows
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 01:40:54 AM »

Yea I hate them too. I really wish they wouldn't ruin the songs.  But I will say I have bought some cute Beatle tops from Target  8)
<br />
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 01:39:51 AM »

Not so much a modern show anymore, but still cool: School House Rock. This is from the song A Noun is a Person, Place or thing. Love it.

Oh, I put a dime in the drugstore record machine.
Oldies goldies started playing if you know what I mean.
I heard Chubby Checker, he was doin' the twist
And the Beatles and the Monkees, it goes like this!
I put a dime in the drugstore record machine.

Well every person you can know (The Beatles and the Monkees, Chubby Checker)
And every place that you can go (Like a neighborhood or a store)
And anything that you can show (Like a dime or a record machine)
You know they're nouns.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 01:43:06 AM »

Cute :)
<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 01:48:34 AM »

The Beatles are everywhere. They show up in the most unexpected places. Seriously. It's a phenomenon of unparalleled proportions!

Beatles

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 03:56:57 AM »

Well,  all 4 Beatles were in 1 episode of Family Guy it's really funny but really mean at the same time

Brian the dog says:"Well, this is the biggest waste of time since Ringo's sonwriting"
then it flashes to the Beatles in the Studio

Its definetely on Youtube if you wanna see it and have a laugh but feel bad for good ol Ringo at the same time

Also, in one episode of Family Guy when they go to the South Stewie plays a Banjo solo and yells out "Ive got Blisters on my fingers!"

And on Forrest Gump they place John with him and makes Peace remarks to him about the Vietnam
Ill try to think of some more

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »

Quote from: 1204
Yea I hate them too. I really wish they wouldn't ruin the songs.  But I will say I have bought some cute Beatle tops from Target  8)

I get almost all of my shirts from Target. ;D

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 12:34:16 AM »

I Heart Target  :)

I saw The Family Guy episode last night where they poked fun at Ringo's songwriting, I thought it was funny  ;D
<br />

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:50 AM »

Quote from: 216
The Beatles are everywhere. They show up in the most unexpected places. Seriously. It's a phenomenon of unparalleled proportions!

srtiously. i just found something to do with the beatles in one of my textbooks.
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 02:36:44 AM »

Quote from: 937
Well,  all 4 Beatles were in 1 episode of Family Guy it's really funny but really mean at the same time

Brian the dog says:"Well, this is the biggest waste of time since Ringo's sonwriting"
then it flashes to the Beatles in the Studio

Its definetely on Youtube if you wanna see it and have a laugh but feel bad for good ol Ringo at the same time

Here it is...and it's not mean at all. it's funny:
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=enFLAjhZxic" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=enFLAjhZxic</a>

have to give Paul credit for trying to encourage the little guy

actually I started a thread about this because I only saw it for the first time last night and thought it was hilarious: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1210626854/
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

beatleslover2

• A Beginning
  • The beatles forever, and ever.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 02:34:30 AM »

in the movie sicko they guy has always wanted to walk across abbey road, and it shows a picture of the beatles, but in his own way
and he gets there and breaks his arm and
<br /><br /><br />Ill be your Lovely Rita<br />peace &amp;&amp; lovee

BlueMeanie

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:24 AM »

Here's a few, Sorry if they've been mentioned before.

Goldfinger: James Bond says ' My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!'

The Blues Brothers: 'Who do you think we are the fu**ing Beatles or something?'.

Poltergeist: When the father is trying to make the mother feel better, he sings 'If I fell' to her.

In Apollo 13, when we see the daughter of one of the astronauts she's carrying 'Let It Be'.

Rain man: Raymond  and Charlie sing 'I saw her standing there' while in the bathroom.

'Because' is playing at the end of American Beauty.

And my favourite Beatles quote from 'Sliding Doors:
The character of James says this, 'Everyone is born knowing every single Beatles lyric. It's ingested into the fetus along with all that amniotic stuff.  In fact, they should be called "the Fetals'.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 02:56:23 AM »

That 'Sliding Doors' quote is too funny!

You reminded me in Apollo 13, just before the family goes to mission control and learns the mission is not being broadcast, the teenage girl is having a fit and doesn't want to go. "I hate Paul!" And her little sister teases, "Is she still going on about the Beatles breaking up?" I loved this quote because for many people, this will remind them clearly of the time period where the Apollo 13 incident took place.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 08:45:52 PM »

Quote from: 551
That 'Sliding Doors' quote is too funny!

You reminded me in Apollo 13, just before the family goes to mission control and learns the mission is not being broadcast, the teenage girl is having a fit and doesn't want to go. "I hate Paul!" And her little sister teases, "Is she still going on about the Beatles breaking up?" I loved this quote because for many people, this will remind them clearly of the time period where the Apollo 13 incident took place.

i remember that quote! i had to watch that movie in school, and that was pretty much the only part i rember paying attention to.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »

Harihead, I love that. I am sure anyone who was alive at the time remembers hearing about The Beatles breaking up and I am sure everyone remembers Apollo 13.
<br />

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 04:52:46 AM »

I was reading Pet Sematary (Stephen King) and in the pet cematary was a grave marker that said "RINGO OUR HAMSTER 1964-1965"

King has made several Beatle reference in a few of his books.  One off the top of my head is Needful Things.  I am sure there are others.

Also, I was watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" (don't ask me why I was bored) and his mom and dad were talking about how much they love jazz music and his mom made a comment "Those Beatles were just terrible!"
<br />

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 06:09:29 AM »

About a year ago I heard one of those talking head tabloid reporters (probably Harvey whats-his-name from TMZ, maybe someone else) refer to Britney Spears as being 'the Beatles of public meltdowns.'

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 12:51:28 AM »

Does anyone remember the episode of The Simpsons (it's probably over 10 years old) when Homer became part of a 4-piece band that paralleled the Beatles?  I could be wrong but I think the band was Homer, Flanders, Moe the bartender and Barney (the barfly who's always burping).

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 01:00:39 AM »

the other day in an episode of "Life Goes On" (which had Ob-la-di Ob-la-da as the original theme song, but then they changed it  :( ) one of the kids was like, "when you met Mom at the skating rink, and it was Beatles night,"
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 01:47:38 AM »

Quote from: 1333
Does anyone remember the episode of The Simpsons (it's probably over 10 years old) when Homer became part of a 4-piece band that paralleled the Beatles?  I could be wrong but I think the band was Homer, Flanders, Moe the bartender and Barney (the barfly who's always burping).

Yup! Great episode!
<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 02:17:06 AM »

"The Power Puff Girls"...........remember them????  I know this because years ago my not so little Greg used to watch this cartoon.  I think they had an entire episode or two of like "The Balad of John and Yoko" and had monkeys playing the parts.........I need to check it out on YouTube.  It was good, what I remembered...........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 91 queries.