Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Mastermind 2  (Read 2092 times)

BlueMeanie

Beatles Mastermind 2
« on: March 16, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »

Each week, for ten weeks, I'll be posting ten questions in ten separate categories, including pictures, video's, and soundclips. Some will be easy, and some pretty tough, so you'll need to get your thinking caps on.

Two points will be given for every correct answer, unless specified otherwise. For instance, in the case of a two part question, points will be awarded accordingly. Ten points will be awarded for 'The Big Finish' question. A further five points will be awarded to anyone who answers all questions correctly.

Please do not post your answers on the forum. PM them to me with the heading 'Mastermind 2', no later than 12 noon GMT on Sunday 30 March.

You may PM me any corrections to your answers as long as I receive them before the closing time of that particular round. Round 1 finishes Sunday 30 March at 12 noon GMT. Just send the corrected answer(s) not the whole thing.

Any queries can be made on the other thread: Beatles Mastermind - Notes & Queries. http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-games/m-1204850121/

Round 2 of Beatles Mastermind.

Beginnings    (2 points)
When he was with Rory Storm & The Hurricanes, Ringo had a solo spot called 'Starr Time'. Which song did he sing that was later recorded by The Beatles?

Beatlemania (2 points)
Jimmy Nicol replaced Ringo Starr for part of a tour in 1964. Where was his first concert appearance with The Beatles?

The Studio Years (2 points)
Who designed the cover of The White Album?

And In The End (4 points)
The last recording session for 'Let It Be' by members of The Beatles took place on 4 January 1970. Name the song, and the Beatle that was not in attendence. 2 points for each.

At The Movies (2 points)
Why was the song 'A Hard Day's Night' not performed in the film, and only used for the credits?

Quote Unquote (4 points)
Who said: I love Beethoven, especially his poems.

The Big Picture (8 points)
Name the Beatle. 2 points for each.

Name That Tune
Svl4BEuNTEg

Beat The Intro
[sound]http://www.fileupyours.com/files/168353/Beat%20Th%20Intro%202.mp3[/sound]

The Solo Years (2 points)
Which song did George Harrison win a Grammy Award for?

The Big Finish (10 points)
In 1960, Stuart Sutcliffe sold a painting at an exhibition for £60, the money from which he was able to buy a bass guitar. Who bought the painting, and what make of Bass did he buy?

Page created in 0.635 seconds with 33 queries.