Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Beatles minus George  (Read 27153 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: The Beatles minus George
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2007, 06:03:32 PM »

Quote from: 63
So now you are agreeing to the idea that there was a songwriting team. In another thread (about the India thing, or is that this same thread?) we agreed that India brought a lot of songs, but when I stated that it wasn't any group efforts, you replied that composing was hardly ever a group effort. And a team is a group, right?

Don't confuse things, please ... the complete sequence (from this thread) for you:
Quote from: 297
[...]The same could be said about Sgt. Pepper's sessions but they felt really well together again during some weeks in Rishikesh ... good enough to compose a lot of songs ...  [...]
Quote from: 748
which were hardly group efforts.[...]
They had never been, so? ... and they were old enough to change that ... but they had a lot of fun  :D ... and they jammed a lot ... the recordings and, later, the Esher demos show us this ... definetelly a good step (Yoko was another thing, man!)!   ::)[...]
"Group effort" and "songwriting team" (refering to John and Paul as parteners -you better read carefully what harihead said-) is not exactly the same ... obviously the four of them or even the three of them weren't composing together in India and? John and Paul DID composed together some of their early songs and that's what harihead was refering to ... to that era ... and I obviously agree that both of them had the other to develop songs but George had not! What's the problem? I still agree with this, and you?:
Quote from: 551
[...]GM did not put similar effort into shaping George's songs, by his own statements. So George was slower developing, and he didn't have the luxury of a songwriting partner to help craft his ideas, because Paul and John were the songwriting team and George wasn't. In the rush of Beatlemania, who else could he collaborate with, when most nights were in a completely different town and the only consistent people he had around them were his bandmates, who (again documented by GM) really didn't help George except to throw out a piece of advice here or there.
[...]
When the touring stopped and George found himself with more time, he started composing a lot of songs. And some of those songs are among the Beatles' best and many people's favorites.
[...]
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2007, 06:06:55 PM »

And what was it? I'm not denying, I'm asking to get a proper description of it.

His passive nature? If he was more of an outspoken person (and tried harder to get his songs recorded), the band may have dissolved earlier than it did because of conflicts with John and Paul. It could have been his songs that were different than John and Paul's, and offered a change of pace. They weren't as catchy, but people could still relate to them.

Bobber

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2007, 06:13:18 PM »

I don't think George was a passive nature. In the early Beatles days (listen to interviews) he was quite talkative. But he soon grew tired of the interviews and Beatlemania and put on his morose face. There is no proof that George had the amount of songs in 63/64 that John and Paul (whether as a team or alone, I really don't give a f*** anymore) provided. And surely, if You Know What To Do was the best thing he could come up with, it wasn't really worth it. If he had come up with a really splendid song, I'm pretty sure George Martin would have picked it up. And I pretty sure too about the idea that George Martin could detect a good song, even if it was only played on a guitar. George just did not have such a song in 63/64. I'm sorry for all you George lovers and yes, he provided great songs in the last few years, but he just had no good song in the early days.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »

I wonder why the others didn't fire him before!

Bobber

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »

I wonder why the others didn't fire him before!

He owned a guitar. That's why.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »

I'm sorry for all you George lovers and yes, he provided great songs in the last few years, but he just had no good song in the early days.

I agree with that, I like his stuff from Rubber Soul and on. He may not have offered much then, but honestly, I don't think anyone would have let him go. Paul, John, and George wanted Ringo instead of Pete because they felt he fit better in the band. So yes, George had some unproductive years, but he did prove himself at the end, and if he had been replaced, we wouldn't have some of the better songs towards the end of The Beatles
(more songs like Maxwell's Silver Hammer? No thanks)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »

Trying to debate something: he's the co-writer of In Spite Of All The Danger (along with Paul) and Cry For A Shadow (along with John) ... two of the first attempts of recording an original song ... the others were That'll Be The Day and Ain't She Sweet (both sung by John) ... curious and a bit strange! ... oh, and he owned a guitar too!!!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »

Quote from: 687
[...] he did prove himself at the end, and if he had been replaced, we wouldn't have some of the better songs towards the end of The Beatles[...]
Be sure first of what you're saying ... some people could not agree with you and ...

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2007, 06:27:52 PM »

EARTH  WIND  FIRE  WATER , four elements that go together

RINGO GEORGE  JOHN PAUL , Same as above, to contemplate THE BEATLES  without GEORGE is unthinkable .  
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2007, 06:28:38 PM »

Be sure first of what you're saying ... some people could not agree with you and ...

Oh well, that's what forum discussions are for, disagreeing and stating your opinions

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2007, 06:30:27 PM »

Oh well, that's what forum discussions are for, disagreeing and stating your opinions
It should be so but it seems to be so only if you're allowed to  ::) ...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »

Quote from: 449
[...]THE BEATLES  without GEORGE is unthinkable .  
I'm begining to think that George was the big mistake of the group, sorry :-/

Bobber

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »

Geez raxo, don't behave like a victim.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2007, 06:32:36 PM »

Geez raxo, don't behave like a victim.
Hey, Bobber, you know me and you know that it's only joke  ;) ... I'm just trying to debate and to pick people here ... sensationalism? ... Yes, but I'm not a victim at all ... I'm the un-dead! ;D

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2007, 06:34:12 PM »

I'm begining to think that George was the big mistake of the group, sorry :-/

What? Just a little while ago you were completely agreeing with harihead.
(confused)

Bobber

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2007, 06:35:57 PM »

Hey, Bobber, you know me and you know that it's only joke  ;) ... I'm just trying to debate and to pick people here ... sensationalism? ... Yes, but I'm not a victim at all ... I'm the un-dead! ;D

I know you and think that you're very probably touched by BlueMeanie's remark earlier in this thread.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »

What? Just a little while ago you were completely agreeing with harihead.
(confused)
I'm joking, Flaming Pie in the Sky  ;D ... now I'm expecting people to tell me why George was so important for the group ... that's all!  ;)

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »

I see

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »

I know you and think that you're very probably touched by BlueMeanie's remark earlier in this thread.
Nah, that's not the case ... BlueMeanie is a good guy and I understand what and why he (and you too) said what he said ... but I'm still here giving my opinion and I wish he would be here too  :-/ ...

I'm in a good mood  :) ... I'm just trying debate with more people ... so I'm not going to be the only one here to answer and to re-think about my and others' opinions ... I'm just trying to learn something now and then, y'know ... that's still the main reason for me to be here ...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2007, 06:43:57 PM »

I see
;) ... I love the sentence in your sig:
"Four lads who stole the world's heart and never gave it back"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 76 queries.