Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A day in the life - Alarm Clock  (Read 2944 times)

broady

A day in the life - Alarm Clock
« on: July 14, 2004, 05:13:08 AM »

http://www.stevesbeatles.com/songs/a_day_in_the_life.asp

On Steve's beatles page it says that the alarm clock was let off to signify the end of 24 bars. Is that the alarm before "Woke up, got out of bed"?

I always thought of it as the alarm clock that woke Paul... (Paul sings the second part, right?)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: A day in the life - Alarm Clock
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 06:59:03 AM »

[quote by=broady link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1089781988,s=0 date=1089781988]http://www.stevesbeatles.com/songs/a_day_in_the_life.asp

On Steve's beatles page it says that the alarm clock was let off to signify the end of 24 bars. Is that the alarm before "Woke up, got out of bed"?

I always thought of it as the alarm clock that woke Paul... (Paul sings the second part, right?)[/quote]

Yes, its the alarm before Paul starts singing. It does signify the end of 24 bars that Mal Evans counted off. You can hear him count the bars (headphones especially) as its happening.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 02:22:22 PM »

One of those happy Beatle accidents.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 02:48:34 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1089781988,s=2 date=1089814942]One of those happy Beatle accidents.[/quote]

Yeah - another one was the chicken clucking at the end of Good Morning, Good Morning it was the same note as the guitar at the beginning of Sgt Pepper reprise!

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 42 queries.