Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blind Faith  (Read 1261 times)

KelMar

Blind Faith
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »

June 7, 1969: In London's Hyde Park, one of rock's first super groups, Blind Faith, gave their only live stage performance, a free concert for a crowd estimated to be of at least 120,000 people. Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Ginger Baker and Rick Gretch produced just one album together.
The Olde Disc Jockey's Almanac

http://youtu.be/YfAHsiTHWfQ

nimrod

Re: Blind Faith
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:35:11 AM »

I remember that, it was a bit of a shambles, through lack of material and practise together

After watching Eric in Cream, loads of his fans felt let down by his new group

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:43:18 AM »

Sky Arts had this on a loop about three years ago and it pointed the direction in which pop music was heading.
Large open air venues (with, in not too many years from '69, a hefty price tag attached and the attendant merchandise) and largely uninterested and uninspired acts on stage.

Personally I can live without Clapton after about 1964, but Stevie Winwood.....what happened?
Three years before Blind Faith he was doing 'Keep On Running', 'Gimme Some Lovin'', 'Somebody Help Me' and 'I'm a Man' in small, intimate R&B clubs.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »

Sky Arts had this on a loop about three years ago and it pointed the direction in which pop music was heading.
Large open air venues (with, in not too many years from '69, a hefty price tag attached and the attendant merchandise) and largely uninterested and uninspired acts on stage.

Personally I can live without Clapton after about 1964, but Stevie Winwood.....what happened?
Three years before Blind Faith he was doing 'Keep On Running', 'Gimme Some Lovin'', 'Somebody Help Me' and 'I'm a Man' in small, intimate R&B clubs.

Steve never quite lived up to his promise. Besides a few big hits in the keyboard synth era.

I quite liked his Arc of a Diver LP when it was released. Very synth heavy but I think some good qualities showed through in the songs.

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »

I remember that, it was a bit of a shambles, through lack of material and practise together

After watching Eric in Cream, loads of his fans felt let down by his new group

That's the impression I've always had, based on what I've read. I remember hearing their album a lot when it came out. (We had the alternate cover, LOL) I had forgotten about it until about 10 years ago when I heard "Sea of Joy" on some Internet radio station and I thought "I remember that but what is???"  Thank goodness for the Internet. I was able to rediscover an album that I really like. I was disappointed though, when I went searching on new-to-me YouTube and came across bits of Hyde Park video. It did nothing to enhance my enjoyment! But this video I posted looks like a proper documentary so I'm going to try to watch it soon.

nimrod

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »

Steve never quite lived up to his promise. Besides a few big hits in the keyboard synth era.

I quite liked his Arc of a Diver LP when it was released. Very synth heavy but I think some good qualities showed through in the songs.

Well he was fantastic in Traffic, Mr Fantasy is a great album

Arc Of A Diver is a good album and I like Roll With It, he had a few hits in the late 80's

I still play Valerie, love that song.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:58 AM »

Well he was fantastic in Traffic, Mr Fantasy is a great album

Arc Of A Diver is a good album and I like Roll With It, he had a few hits in the late 80's

I still play Valerie, love that song.

I was playing a few clips of him including Valerie for my daughter the other night. Despite the 80s production the soulful quality if his songs comes through.

Page created in 0.579 seconds with 43 queries.