Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ringo getting a star  (Read 14358 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Re: Watch Ringo's Hollywood Star Ceremonies on his Official Facebook Group
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 04:24:11 AM »

I am assuming that Ringo will have replay of it up on the video portion of his website and/or on YouTube. Someone on another forum told me that the guy with the cowboy hat and beard was record producer Don Was.

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 05:22:27 AM »

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:47:56 AM by I am the Paulrus »

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 07:29:52 AM »

I watched it on his website when I got home. I was a little bit miffed that Paul didn't come. And where were all the other "Beatle" People? That is quite annoying, and none of his kids were even there. Ok then?
I just find it a bit odd that not very many people showed up, like really long term friends. I don't know, it was a bit weird if you ask me.

I'm also mad that I didn't get to see the pre-ceremony because I was stuck at school till 7:30!!  :P How many videos did they show?? I'm so mad right now!!

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Oomu

• Getting Better
  • It's always the quiet ones.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:11 AM »

I didn't get to see it with sound yet, but I was really confused as to who the people there were. The only people I recognized were Barb and Ringo himself! I was hoping we'd see Paul and maybe Dhani and Liv...

From what I can remember, they showed Liverpool 8, Sentimental Journey, Back Off Boogaloo, Never Without You (I cried every time), Only You (And You Alone), You're Sixteen, La De Da... and I think there are others but I can't remember. They were nice to watch but got old the third time around.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 08:03:58 AM »

^at least you got to see them! I would have liked to watch that!

You haven't heard it yet? I'm not sure if I saw the entire thing. Because it seemed like it came in after it had been playing for a while.  :P

And I think it's kind of lame how they did it at night, Ringo said "I don't know where you come from, but where I come from all the stars come out at night." (haha! No pun intended!  ha2ha)

And when you hear it, you're going to love when this random Woman shouts something out at him!!  ;) I was laughing so hard!

Oomu

• Getting Better
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »

Awww, man, I'm even more sad now. Did you watch it on his FB or on his website? Because I tried both and the sound was out on both, and it was the same for IW and apparently others as well.

Heh, even though there was no sound I watched it most of the way through and I was so incredibly frustrated 'cause I could see that he was making a lot of jokes and being very... Ringo. But I couldn't hear them. x_X

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »

Good for Ringo great pictures, would of thought Paul would of been there.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 04:04:43 PM »

Awww, man, I'm even more sad now. Did you watch it on his FB or on his website? Because I tried both and the sound was out on both, and it was the same for IW and apparently others as well.

Heh, even though there was no sound I watched it most of the way through and I was so incredibly frustrated 'cause I could see that he was making a lot of jokes and being very... Ringo. But I couldn't hear them. x_X

I watched it on his website! You should try it again, it worked ok last night!

That would of made me so mad too, I wouldn't of been able to watch! I would of been so upset. So I'm sorry, I feel your pain though. But where did you watch the pre-show? On facebook? That's strange if that had sound and the other didn't...

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning

Ringo Starr Reflects on Beatles’ “Beautiful” Bond at Walk of Fame Star Ceremony
2/9/10, 9:02 am EST

Ringo Starr returned to the iconic Capitol Records Tower and a gathering of several hundred Beatles fans to celebrate the unveiling of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday night. “I want to thank Capitol Records,” Starr said to cheers, glancing up at the tower. “It’s nice to look at a building that you helped pay for.”
The ceremony began as a column of local high school marching band drummers in red uniforms poured out the tower lobby pounding a festive beat. “OK, drummers!” announced Starr as he stepped to the podium, where the occasion was marked with speeches from Joe Walsh, Ben Harper and Don Was. “It’s also cool to get it at night,” Starr said, dressed in a black suit and shades. “Where I live the stars come out at night.”

The Beatles were awarded a star on the walk in 1998. Starr is the third Beatle to be honored as a solo artist, following stars given posthumously to John Lennon and George Harrison. He pointed at the sidewalk outside Capitol’s Vine Street entrance, where the names of his late bandmates were written. “I love them both, and I want to send peace and love to both of them. And let’s not forget the guy’s who’s in England — Paul.
“They looked out for me and I looked out for them, and we all supported each other,” Starr said of the four Beatles. “It was really beautiful to be part of that. And besides that, we made some great records.”

Monday was also the 50th anniversary of the Walk of Fame, which honors filmmakers, musicians, stage, radio and TV performers. Standing nearby was a gathering of friends that included Eric Idle (Monty Python, the Rutles), filmmaker David Lynch, ELO’s Jeff Lynne, Edgar Winter and actress Barbara Bach, Starr’s wife of 30 years.

The first of Starr’s friends to speak was Walsh, who has worked with him as producer and sideman through the decades and then became his brother-in-law after marrying Bach’s sister, Marjorie, in 2008. Walsh said, “He’s not just the greatest drummer in rock history — from the greatest band in rock history — he’s also the greatest guy I know and the most kind and helpful friend you could ever want.”
The Eagles guitarist then turned the occasion into a roast of his friend, describing Starr in his earliest days as “a little kid with a very big dream and a pretty big nose.” He noted that the two first met in the mid-1970s during all-night jam sessions at the Record Plant studio in Los Angeles. “Neither of us really remember that but friends of mine told me we just had a really great time.”
Walsh produced Starr’s little-heard 1983 album Old Wave, and joked Monday, “That album did really good in Switzerland, and it was also number one in Lithuania.”

Producer Was called Starr “my hero,” and described the former Beatle’s drumming style as subtle and filled with personality. “There’s joy and there is jocularity in his playing that is irresistible,” he said. “They are simply manifestations of his great qualities as a man.”
Find out where Ringo ranks on our readers’ list of the best drummers.
Ben Harper, who has performed with his Relentless7 as Starr’s backup group in recent weeks during a brief promotional tour, said, “The Walk of Fame is receiving a star by which all other stars are measured.” Both Harper and Walsh appear on Starr’s just-released 15th solo album, Y Not.

Standing next to Starr at the podium, Harper said the very first song he learned to sing as a child was the Beatles’ “With a Little Help From My Friends,” the drummer’s beloved vocal from the album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. “Working as tirelessly as a 10-year-old could, so that I could learn every vocal inflection that Ringo sang — and I’ve got to admit, I nailed it.”
Starr laughed. “That’s what you think.”

Harper also read quotes he’d gathered from several major percussionists, including the Police’s Stewart Copeland, who said, “Ringo is the leader in the education for all young drummers of style over flash, always playing the right things rather than a lot of things.”
At the end of the ceremony, Starr expressed thanks to friends and dignitaries, repeating his current mantra of “peace and love, peace and love.” Looking back at Harper, Starr said, “He’s a great human being. I like to spend as much time as I can with great human beings, and the three guys who got up tonight are at the top of my list.”

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/02/09/ringo-starr-reflects-on-the-beatles-beautiful-bond-at-walk-of-fame-ceremony/

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Ringo getting a star
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »

Saw this on the news tonight , Ringo looks very well and he seemed in good form  :)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »

Oh wow! This is so wonderful! Well done Ringo!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »

I watched it on his website when I got home. I was a little bit miffed that Paul didn't come. And where were all the other "Beatle" People?

Aww, to be fair, Paul did show up last year when George was awarded his star. He was a surprise guest.

And I think it's kind of lame how they did it at night, Ringo said "I don't know where you come from, but where I come from all the stars come out at night." (haha! No pun intended!  ha2ha)

Wasn't this their first time giving out stars at night? I kinda like it better that way; a nighttime event might make it easier for "regular" folks to attend since they're not stuck in school or work.

Congrats, Ringo!! A star for a Starr. ;)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 07:22:26 AM »

Saw this on the news tonight , Ringo looks very well and he seemed in good form  :)

I liked how when Ben Harper offered him a hand off the stage/podium, he like pretended to slap his hand and then jumped down himself!  ha2ha

Aww, to be fair, Paul did show up last year when George was awarded his star. He was a surprise guest.

Wasn't this their first time giving out stars at night? I kinda like it better that way; a nighttime event might make it easier for "regular" folks to attend since they're not stuck in school or work.

Congrats, Ringo!! A star for a Starr. ;)

Yeah that was nice of him, I just wished he would of made this one too! Come on Paul support yer old pal!

I think it was the first time, or atleast it seemed to be. I wished I could have seen the pre-ceremony. I was stuck in school and didn't get to see it live. But yeah you have a point, it's nice having it later on for us regular folk!  ;)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »

Theres a nice picture of him in The Daily Express today, I really thought Paul had a star but I'm sure he will have one soon.

Bubby Gnome

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »

Congratulations Ringo! now Paul needs to get a star on the walk of fame. Hope they give him one soon  ;) ;D :D :)

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 03:19:48 PM »

^^Just so all of you guys who are talking about Paul and star know, he was offered one quite a few years ago, and for whatever reason, has not yet decided to have his ceremony. So, whenever he wants it, he can have it. I have a sneaking suspiscion that for whatever reason, he wants to be the last solo Beatle inducted.

The name's Emily :)

Bubby Gnome

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 11:00:02 PM »

That's a little weird I would want to be the first.

Almighty Doer of Stuff

• A Beginning
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »

He's almost always the first. He's half of Lennon/McCartney, after all. Maybe, in a bizarre twist, Paul is actually trying to be modest:o

Oomu

• Getting Better
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2010, 11:05:22 PM »

He's almost always the first. He's half of Lennon/McCartney, after all. Maybe, in a bizarre twist, Paul is actually trying to be modest:o

Or maybe he wants to be remembered as the last one to FINALLY get his.

More likely though, maybe he wants to do something special out of being the final one.

Who ever knows with hm.

Bubby Gnome

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2010, 11:13:32 PM »

I guess so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.623 seconds with 86 queries.