Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The most awe inspiring place you've been  (Read 9407 times)

nimrod

Re: The most awe inspiring place you've been
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »

Ive been to Spain but I havent really been to Spain

I went to the holiday coastal bit which is more or less British

(every meal is with chips) :D
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »

Ive been to Spain but I havent really been to Spain

I went to the holiday coastal bit which is more or less British

(every meal is with chips) :D

That's where I lived, and it really is British! Very Scandinavian too depending on where exactly it is you live.  ha2ha
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 02:48:55 AM »

I've never been to England, but I kinda like The Beatles.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 02:32:51 AM »

I've been through Zion National Park but didn't go to a canyon there? It may be further north of where we drove.
Driving across Montana, with the blue sky and snow covered fields was pretty awesome. Especially when there's no speed limit!

Been on the Magical Mystery Tour bus in Liverpool, going along Penny Lane, and the song is playing...utterly a special moment in my life.
Ive always had an interest in Montana but I've never been there. My wife and I want to down size when and if I retire and buy/rent a camper and tour the west. Montana, Utah are definatley on the must see list.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

nimrod

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »

I've never been to England, but I kinda like The Beatles.

Ive been to paradise but Ive never been to me..

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »

I tend to always look to someplace else to be amazed but here in New England we're just about at peak leaf season. Next weekend I think I'lL climb Mt Monadnock and see the amazing colors right here in my own backyard. Pray for sunny skies!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »

I tend to always look to someplace else to be amazed but here in New England we're just about at peak leaf season. Next weekend I think I'lL climb Mt Monadnock and see the amazing colors right here in my own backyard. Pray for sunny skies!

Wow, a New England autumn. I am so envious. Haven't seen one in years. I grew up in central New York and we would always take long drives to see the fall foliage. It's been 9 years since I've been back to the Northeast, but I =do= plan to return, and when I do it will be in the glorious fall.

Enjoy, and hope you have sunny skies!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »

Wow, a New England autumn. I am so envious. Haven't seen one in years. I grew up in central New York and we would always take long drives to see the fall foliage. It's been 9 years since I've been back to the Northeast, but I =do= plan to return, and when I do it will be in the glorious fall.

Thanks muchly! I'll post some pictures when I come down.
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »

I miss the leaves in autumn.  Don't really get that in North Texas.

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 02:22:03 AM »

I miss the leaves in autumn.  Don't really get that in North Texas.

Where in Texas do you live? I have relatives in the Garland (Dallas area), MacMregor (near Waco) and Corpus Christi.
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 02:49:03 AM »

I'm taking thurs. and friday off. Thursday we're going on a winery and cheesery tour through Vermont. Should be some color there as well.
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »

Where in Texas do you live? I have relatives in the Garland (Dallas area), MacMregor (near Waco) and Corpus Christi.

Wichita Falls.  Check out the map on my profile.  About 2 1/2 hours northwest of Dallas.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 03:02:49 AM »

Fall is my favorite season too.  The leaves are just starting to change color here in New Jersey.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 03:05:08 AM »

Wichita Falls.  Check out the map on my profile.  About 2 1/2 hours northwest of Dallas.
I've seen it on the map. I study them for some reason. I watch the washing machine go round too.
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 03:07:43 AM »

Fall is my favorite season too.  The leaves are just starting to change color here in New Jersey.
We're not peak quite yet. This weekend and next week should be best up here. It's heading your way soon. I just got my 5 chords of wood put away for the season coming up!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 03:42:45 AM »

I've seen it on the map. I study them for some reason. I watch the washing machine go round too.

I always liked maps also.  I can walk away from the washing machine though.  ;D

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 03:45:53 AM »

We're not peak quite yet. This weekend and next week should be best up here. It's heading your way soon. I just got my 5 chords of wood put away for the season coming up!

The drive on PA state highway 73 from Montgomery county into Philadelphia was always great when the leaves were perfect starting about mid-October.

KelMar

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 04:34:01 AM »

I'm taking thurs. and friday off. Thursday we're going on a winery and cheesery tour through Vermont. Should be some color there as well.

I love Vermont. I've been there twice and once was just about this time of year. I think I could be very happy living there if I could move my house!

KelMar

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:32 AM »

I always liked maps also.  I can walk away from the washing machine though.  ;D

I have very little love for maps but I confess that I was pretty fascinated with my front loading high efficiency washer when I first got it. I even pulled up a chair the first time I ran it so I could see how it worked. It was at least as interesting as some of the stuff I've seen on TV. ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »

I have very little love for maps but I confess that I was pretty fascinated with my front loading high efficiency washer when I first got it. I even pulled up a chair the first time I ran it so I could see how it worked. It was at least as interesting as some of the stuff I've seen on TV. ;)
It's sad but true. TV is 90% nonsense. There's something about a washing machine ...!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 1.043 seconds with 80 queries.