Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ukelele's  (Read 1899 times)

nimrod

Ukelele's
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »

Bought one about a month ago and Im enjoying learning it, (although Im no George Formby) very simple to play, good xmas pressie for anyone who's a bit musical, a really easy thing to learn..

I saw this on Concert For George DVD and after a short while I could play it (The McCartney part)

[youtube]
Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton - Something (Concert for George)
[/youtube]

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Ukelele's
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »

I was inspired to pick up a uke after seeing this and also made 'Something' the first thing I learned.

I always found it interesting that George was so fundamentally responsible for popularizing the sitar - one of the most difficult instruments to master - in the 60's, then advocated and popularized the uke - one of the easiest instruments to learn - in later life. I could almost imagine a certain degree of ironic humor intended with this on George's part, although it's probably not the case.

Fun to play, great at beach parties.

8)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

Re: Ukelele's
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:18:49 AM »

That's neat guys. I was working outside one evening last summer and all of a sudden I heard someone playing a ukulele. It went on for quite a while and was quite good. That's not something that happens very much!

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 41 queries.