Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jonh and paul  (Read 8292 times)

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
Re: Jonh and paul
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2004, 08:34:18 AM »

I don't like hearing about them not liking each other.

Fan: Will You Sing Us A Song?
John, Paul, George and Ringo: NO!

Q: I Was Wondering If You Think American Girls Are Fickle?
Ringo: All Girls Are Fickle.[/c

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 04:57:20 AM »

Me either, but I know they didn't really hate each other at any point. Just had a bad break up! Think about it, if you spent almost every waking moment with your best friend, you'd probably start to get on each others nerves too!!

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 05:03:54 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1092334916,s=17 date=1098759299]It hurt John's feelings. Here's John's explanation:

PLAYBOY: "You actually haven't mentioned George much in this interview."

LENNON: "Well, I was hurt by George's book, 'I, Me, Mine' ...so this message will go to him. He put a book out privately on his life that, by glaring omission, says that my influence on his life is absolutely zilch and nil. In his book, which is purportedly this clarity of vision of his influence on each song he wrote, he remembers every two-bit sax player or guitarist he met in subsequent years. I'm not in the book."

PLAYBOY: "Why?"

LENNON: "Because George's relationship with me was one of young follower and older guy. He's three or four years younger than me. It's a love/hate relationship and I think George still bears resentment toward me for being a daddy who left home. He would not agree with this, but that's my feeling about it. I was just hurt. I was just left out, as if I didn't exist. I don't want to be that egomaniacal, but he was like a disciple of mine when we started. I was already an art student when Paul and George were still in grammar school." (equivalent to high school in the U.S.) "There is a vast difference between being in high school and being in college and I was already in college and already had sexual relationships, already drank and did a lot of things like that. When George was a kid, he used to follow me and my first girlfriend, Cynthia.. who became my wife... around. We'd come out of art school and he'd be hovering around like those kids at the gate of the Dakota now. I remember the day he called to ask for help on 'Taxman,' one of his bigger songs. I threw in a few one-liners to help the song along, because that's what he asked for. He came to me because he couldn't go to Paul, because Paul wouldn't have helped him at that period. I didn't want to do it. I thought, Oh, no, don't tell me I have to work on George's stuff. It's enough doing my own and Paul's. But because I loved him and I didn't want to hurt him when he called me that afternoon and said, 'Will you help me with this song?' I just sort of bit my tongue and said OK. It had been John and Paul so long, he'd been left out because he hadn't been a songwriter up until then. As a singer, we allowed him only one track on each album. If you listen to the Beatles' first albums, the English versions, he gets a single track. The songs he and Ringo sang at first were the songs that used to be part of my repertoire in the dance halls. I used to pick songs for them from my repertoire... the easier ones to sing. So I am slightly resentful of George's book. But don't get me wrong. I still love those guys. The Beatles are over, but John, Paul, George and Ringo go on."
[/quote]

so that is john saying that not paul?

Paul McCartney :)

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 05:04:45 AM »

True, you seem to get annoyed at people when you spend too much time together.

Fan: Will You Sing Us A Song?
John, Paul, George and Ringo: NO!

Q: I Was Wondering If You Think American Girls Are Fickle?
Ringo: All Girls Are Fickle.[/c

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 05:05:15 AM »

and where do you find these interviews at?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 05:10:38 AM »

http://www.geocities.com/~beatleboy1/

I think I've posted the link before, but that was a while ago. It's got EVERYTHING!!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2004, 05:12:36 AM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1092334916,s=22 date=1098939834]

so that is john saying that not paul?
[/quote]

Yup. It's from his 1980 Playboy interview. You can read the whole thing at that site. Very interesting.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2004, 09:57:59 PM »

cool! thanks!!

Whistler

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2004, 01:00:34 AM »

Now that everyone had their say, I would just like to add that in no way did John and Paul hate each other (hate is such an awful hard word to use) they never did, they had disagreements, like any family, but deep inside, they harbor no ill feelings, the is or was, the came time to move on. I am almost positive had John still be around, he and Paul, George and Ringo would have gotten together, for a LIVE performance, its sad, but at least we have the music, the films, the clips of happier times of the greatest band that ever was, and very happy for all you younger fans, feel free to pick the older members brains for any info, facts.
Peace & Love, and enjoyment that
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.

Wayne L.

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 10:55:44 AM »

I don't think John & Paul hated each other personally but professionally as artists they were in competition with each other.

sange

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 11:32:18 AM »

Wasn't "All those years ago" an apology from George to John? Albeit, too late, but I think it was his way of trying to make up for leaving John out of his bookas well as a tribute for a great friend.

justanotherbeatlescover

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2004, 12:33:50 AM »

"here today" by paul is all i need
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 61 queries.