Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 25th Anniversary of the release of "McCartney II"  (Read 4991 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: 25th Anniversary of the release of "McCartney II"
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »

Quote from: 297
Agree with you (thumbsup) ... surely there are worse Paul's albums out there  8) ...

Name one!

... the way I see the thing about McCartney II: the quality of the songs remains ... tho the proportion is the key to understand why some people think the album is nothing else but crap ... more or less the same with George's Gone Troppo (1982) ... and I think that reasoning is a weak one  :-/ ...

Gone Troppo is crap too. If a turd smells like a turd,,,,it usually means its a turd. The reasoning behind peoples opinions that these albums stink is,,,,,,,,,,they stink.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 12:21:05 AM »

Wild Life is less original and Give My Regards To BroadStreet is embarrasing most of the time ... just naming two!

Most people repeat what they have heard before, without taking a look by themselves ... all about Guys For Sale is a good example and people saying that Mr Moonlight is the worst recording they ever made  ::) is another good one ...

... if one album has got 8 songs and 6 are great ... is it a great album? ... and if we add another 8 that are mediocre ... is it now a mediocre album? ... I think that proportion tells it all ... if you add a couple of good tracks to McCartney II people would have never said what they're saying ... a strong point then, uh? ... but being the most different solo album he made didn't do him a favour, I guess  :-/ ...

... Gone Troppo crap? ... oh, sure!  ??) ... because it's crap it's crap ... in another words: it's crap!  8)...

P.S. I knew you was going to be around so I bit a b(ea)t ... ;D ...

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 04:59:43 AM »

Wild life is not a worse album than McCartney II. I can sit through it and actually enjoy it. I've tried three times to sit through McCartney II and could not do it. I'm a huge Paul admirer and I tell you I cannot stand McCartney II. Wild life may be less original than McCartney II but that does not make it a better album. I'm sure more people will say Wild life is better McCartney II. Face it, McCartney II is just crap.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 05:26:06 AM »

Quote from: 297
Wild Life is less original and Give My Regards To BroadStreet is embarrasing most of the time ... just naming two!

Well, this is all opinion here, but 'Wild Life' and especially 'GMRTB' are hundreds of times better than Macca 2. Not everybody thinks so,,,,,,only 95% of us Paul fans.

Most people repeat what they have heard before, without taking a look by themselves ... all about Guys For Sale is a good example and people saying that Mr Moonlight is the worst recording they ever made  ::) is another good one ...

I'm not posting here on popular vote. I have listened to the music and came up with my opinions and yes, Mr. Moonlight sucks and is one of their worst songs ever recorded. I like Beatles For Sale, but will admit, its one of their weakest albums. Theres no shame in admitting this stuff.

... if one album has got 8 songs and 6 are great ... is it a great album? ... and if we add another 8 that are mediocre ... is it now a mediocre album?

Yes and yes by my account.

... I think that proportion tells it all ... if you add a couple of good tracks to McCartney II people would have never said what they're saying ... a strong point then, uh? ... but being the most different solo album he made didn't do him a favour, I guess  :-/ ...

Lol, if you add a couple of good tracks to any bad album, it would change the impression of the listener and if any album ever needed bonus tracks,,,its Macca 2. Also, different doesnt always mean good and this is a perfect example. Pat Boone singing heavy metal would be another.

... Gone Troppo crap? ... oh, sure!  ??) ... because it's crap it's crap ... in another words: it's crap!  8)...

Gone troppo is crap and its better than Macca2. I love 'Wake Up My Love' but nothing else on the record. The public majority calls it crap because they have listened to it and came to the conclusion,,,,theres hardly any good tunes on it. I dont know what else to say.

P.S. I knew you was going to be around so I bit a b(ea)t ... ;D ...

I dont know what this means, but I hope you liked it.  :-/

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 05:43:51 PM »

Well, if you feel better that way  ::) ... I don't want to disturb your life ...

... so you admit it's a matter of proportion ... but which Wild Life tracks are better than McCartney II tracks? (I'm not counting Give My Regards To Broadstreet now because it seems impossible to debate something sincerily here) ... He needed to cover a song for the 1971 one and half of the album is very boring and mediocre, to say the least. I only see some quality in Some People Never Know and I am Your Singer is nice: it makes me smile, at least ... something else ... music-alley speaking?

And when I was talking about Guys For Sale I was not refering to its quality but to some myths about they being tired recording it and people avoiding to take a look at the recording days and dates for another albums during the Guymania or that the pic from the album cover prooves something different than any other one ... oh, look how serious they are: they're tired, of course! ... things like those: a couple of critics said something at the very beginning and the rest of the world repeat it constantly ...

... Mr Moonlight: "the worst track they ever recorded" ... have  people listened to some of the tracks from their "studio years": from White Album, Let It Be and others? Pleeeeease  ::) ... there's some crap in those albums but, talking only about technical performance, Mr Moonlight is much better than -at least- a dozen of other Guy tracks ... the problem is that some famous critic said so once and now it's another myth ...

There are some tracks from Gone Troppo included in the Best Of Dark Horse 1976-1989 recopillation ... I think that means something ... maybe there are more good tracks than one on it ...

... and, well, I'm leaving the subject here because we all know what it's going to be around ...

Peace for everybody ... everywhere.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 06:13:36 PM »

Ok, Beatles For Sale,,,why do we need to look at this album in the context of when the songs were recorded and why they were included? I look at the album as,,,hey, this is what they released and i'm judging what I hear from it. If you want to compare it to say,,'A Hard Days Night', then it fails miserably. Just listening to the album it says to me that they had better in them and they proved it with their other albums. I'm sure if they could have released something better at the time, they would have. I still like it though.

Crap in their other albums,,,sure there is, but I cant think of any true song off of The White Album or Let It Be that is worse than Moonlight. Technical performance? Even crap tunes like 'Why Dont We Do It In The Road' and 'One After The 909' are technicaly superior so i'm not sure where your going with this one. At least a dozen worse songs than Mr. Moonlight? I'd love to see that list.

As for Wild Life,,,yeah, its a stinker for the most part, but I like every song on it better than every song on Macca 2 except for Waterfalls. At least I can throw Wild Life in and be entertained. Again, 'One Of These days' is just alright and even 'Coming Up' tanks as every other version is better a thousand fold than the album version.

Anyways, if you think that the critics are swaying my opinion on these albums and songs,,,your wrong, but I can see their point after all.

Peace to you also.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 10:49:45 PM »

MCCARTNEY II. Great album! Coming Up is the sh*t. I like the cover and the songs are superb, all fantastic except maybe Darkroom  :-/

My brother and I used to joke about that Linda must take the photograph just when Denny Laine came in the studio saying: 'Ha! Go to hell! I quite from Wings!' So that's because Paul looks so freaky in the cover picture!
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 10:57:49 PM »

MCCARTNEY II. Great album! Coming Up is the sh*t. I like the cover and the songs are superb, all fantastic except maybe Darkroom  :-/

My brother and I used to joke about that Linda must take the photograph just when Denny Laine came in the studio saying: 'Ha! Go to hell! I quite from Wings!' So that's because Paul looks so freaky in the cover picture!
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »

McCartney 2 is not too bad in places but not a fav of i admit.
I don't think it's a strong album of his but it has some interesting tunes
that could have been made into dance mixes. He did say it was just a mess
around album & he was just making it for his own satisfaction for the time. so i
kinda let him off for that. Coming Up is the strongest track on the album, with very
good lyrics! the instrumental pieces let the album down i think.  :-/

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.509 seconds with 57 queries.