Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How do you sleep  (Read 7744 times)

Re: How do you sleep
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 06:11:50 AM »

I Me Mine

Yes, John was spouting without basis, something he often did.  He was a man of the moment, and what he said five minutes ago he might not mean now.  Contradictory.  Not a big deal, it was just a trait of his.  But yes, he was mistaken about George's book.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 06:17:59 AM »

Thanks. Yeah, that sounds like John. Always changing his tune. Too bad he didnt' have enough time to come around on that one. Wonder how George felt since it was sort of his final word on him.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 07:31:12 AM »

He was rather peeved about it.  He resented John's assertion that George was like a little kid always following him around, and he resented the bit about the book.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 07:32:01 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Paul is Beatle Ed.

Huh?  Wait...Isn't....I mean....I always thought Erin was Beatle Ed!

;-)

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 03:46:08 PM »

I thought when it came out it was limited only to his friends or something? And why did John say he mentioned every two bit saxaphone player but not one mention of him? You know, in that 1980 Playboy interview? Could their wires be that crossed? Anyway, what's the name of it. I'll got to Amazon or something.

There was a limited hardbound edition that I think had a velvet cover and was signed by George. I remember getting my copy for $4.95 (obviously not signed) or so a few years after it was released. I pasted a link where you can get it cheap. Its a great site that has every book known to man, and usually pretty reasonably priced. Here y'are:
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?imagefield.x=0&an=george+harrison&tn=i+me+mine&imagefield.y=0

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 04:30:14 PM »

I guess I took JOhn's word to literally then. I'd like to read that book. Is it available?

I'm gob-smacked that someone would pass an opinion on this without having read the book!

For heaven's sake! Go buy yourself a copy (it IS available, in a cheap reprint).

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 06:00:05 PM »

Thanks. Yeah, that sounds like John. Always changing his tune. Too bad he didnt' have enough time to come around on that one. Wonder how George felt since it was sort of his final word on him.

From a 1987 interview George referrences these things:

Scott: In an interview before his death, John said he was really hurt
>> by you, that you never mentioned in your autobiography any of the
>> influence he had on you.
>>
>> George: He was annoyed 'cos I didn't say that he'd written one line of
>> this song "Taxman."  But I also didn't say how I wrote two lines of
>> "Come Together" or three lines of "Eleanor Rigby," you know, I wasn't
>> getting into any of that.  I think, in the balance, I would have had
>> more things to be niggled with him about than he would have had with
>> me.
>>
>> Scott: He said, that you idolized him as a young boy...
>>
>> George: That's what he thought.  I liked him very much, he was a
>> groove.  He was a good lad.  But, at the same time, he misread me.  He
>> didn't even realize who I was, one of the main faults of John and Paul.
>>  They were so busy helping John and Paul, they failed to realize who
>> else was around at the time.

Wayne L.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 07:13:46 PM »

What is YOUR opinion of the masterpiece that is the Imagine album creatively, musically & artistically by John if you ever heard it Mr. Charlie?  

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »

Uh, oh, gee, I don't know if I ever heard that one, Wayne, who was that by again?

Tool.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 07:33:16 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

I'm gob-smacked that someone would pass an opinion on this without having read the book!

For heaven's sake! Go buy yourself a copy (it IS available, in a cheap reprint).

Yeah.  A book.  That's the ticket.

Except theres a million of them out there, almost all of them contradicting the one before.

I'm sure you prefer Goldman.

Wayne L.

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2005, 08:04:56 PM »

You have never heard the Imagine album at all & you call YOURSELF a Beatles fan Mr. Charlie?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2005, 08:22:55 PM »

Quote from: Mr_Charlie

Yeah.

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 08:29:48 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
You have never heard the Imagine album at all & you call YOURSELF a Beatles fan Mr. Charlie?

No need to be so formal Wayne.  You can just call me Charlie.  :)

What I wrote was what is commonly known as sarcasm, and clearly not the best example ever put to ...uh...paper, still effective enough that even someone in your particular category could still grasp that I was having fun with your obnoxiously worded question.

Yeah, whizzed right over Ydoll's head too, but then, I imagine he's used to the sound of bullets grazing the branches.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 08:32:16 PM »

Yeah, whizzed right over Ydoll's head too, but then, I imagine he's used to the sound of bullets grazing the branches.

This is wonderful. Wrong again Charlie. I made no comment at all about your IMAGINE remark!

Still cute, and still losing!

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

Did someone say something?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:15 PM »

Did someone say something?

Now, THAT is the weakest riposte of all time.  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2005, 03:55:48 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

I was talking about John's interview in Playboy and what he said about it. I believed him. EXCUSE me for taking his word. I was talking about how he felt about the book. THAT'S what I read. THAT'S what he said. What opinion was I passing? I was asking about what John said and why he said it. You are very rude. Do I have to read every Beatle book ever written in order to participate on this forum then?

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2005, 06:30:58 AM »

I was talking about John's interview in Playboy and what he said about it. I believed him. EXCUSE me for taking his word. I was talking about how he felt about the book. THAT'S what I read. THAT'S what he said. What opinion was I passing? I was asking about what John said and why he said it. You are very rude. Do I have to read every Beatle book ever written in order to participate on this forum then?

There is no answer to a hit and run troll.  Maria is trying oh so hard but fails at even trolling.

There is no logic or honesty needed.  Did you read the interview excerpt I posted with George?

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2005, 05:58:32 PM »

I love John and Paul. And I really love "How Do You Sleep?" George's slide guitar is awesome and John's lyrics and vocal are wonderfully vicious. I like that they didn't always get along,that it wasn't always "All You Need is Love" or "All Together Now". It makes then more human,fussing and fighting.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2005, 07:48:21 PM »

Anyone who takes John Lennon's word on anything doesn't understand our John. A more inconsistent man you could not meet!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 74 queries.