Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ramirez GH  (Read 2931 times)

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
Ramirez GH
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:24:56 AM »

Hi!! ;)

Me playing my Ramirez GH re-edition at Ramirez shop in Madrid last November the 8th.

Best!! ;)

Xose

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Ramirez GH
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »

Good to see Xose. I must take a picture of a very rare handmade 7string classical for you to take a look at.
The guy that made it went to study in Canada with a Spanish guitar maker. I will try and remember the name of the tutor.

It is made with beautiful fine wood but I do not get on well with the extra B string.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »

Quote from: 15
Good to see Xose....

Thanks!! ;)
Quote from: 15
I must take a picture of a very rare handmade 7string classical for you to take a look at.
The guy that made it went to study in Canada with a Spanish guitar maker. I will try and remember the name of the tutor.

...It is made with beautiful fine wood but I do not get on well with the extra B string.
Ok. Do send it and I will let you know...

BTW: Me in 1978 -when I was 15!!- with my Hofner 'violin' bass -which I still own-, my brother with his Hofner 164 (iv) guitar -which he doesn't own anymore- and 2 friends, one of them with his Ludwig Black Oyster -i.e., same as Ringo Starr's one, which he also still owns...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »

^  Xose, that is a great pic!  I love that you owned a Hofner bass like Paul's and had a Beatle haircut.  Thanks for sharing that with us.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

Quote from: 1620
^  Xose, that is a great pic!  I love that you owned a Hofner bass like Paul's and had a Beatle haircut.  Thanks for sharing that with us.

You are welcome!! ;)

Maybe it would be a good idea to upload here your (=I mean: everybody) Beatle related early pics...

Meanwhile, I upload another pic from the same session...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »

Hi!! ;)

Does anybody know which bongos is Ringo playing in 'And I Love Her'?? I mean: which brand??

BTW: George seems to have changed the G string recently (=I mean: during 'AILH' footage for A Hard Day's Night in March 1964) on his Ramirez, judging from the pictures (=I enclose one of them...)

Another interesting point is that George starts his solo with the hand closer to guitar's hole than the very place where he ends it. This is due to the playing position, as he needs to bring the arm to the right to play the lower strings because the guitar is resting on his left leg (=i.e.: in 'Segovia's classical position' although standing...) nearly in vertical position...

On arpeggios, he 'raises' his left hand fingers on every downstroke (=George always played downstokes with his right hand with very few exceptions, like the four notes which begin 'All My Loving' solo...), and even he accompanies himself with sllght head movements on every note of the arpeggio...

There is another picture where George is playing in 'Segovia's classical position' (=this time sitting): one of the pictures taken in March 1964 at his London flat shared with Ringo during Astrid Kirchherr's visit...

I'm also enclosing Ramirez labels like the one at George's guitar. I beg your pardon for the quality of George's one as is taken directly from tv screen!!

I had my conference at Ramirez shop in Madrid last Saturday May the 9th. and these were a few of the topics I covered. I finally could find that his Ramirez was bought at Ramirez shop (=I enclose a picture of the shop at those days) in Madrid by Klaus Voormann in May 1963, during his stop at Madrid on the way of his return back from Tenerife to Germany, after being in Tenerife with Paul, George, Ringo and Astrid for some holidays as you probably know already. I thought you could be interested. I apologize for my poor English!!  :-/

Best!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »

How did the conference go, Xose?

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

Quote from: 63
How did the conference go, Xose?

Very nice... Thank you!! ;)

Some pictures here:

tiendaramirez.blogspot.com

Of course, I cited this forum in the acknowledgments list on the powerpoint presentation...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »

Quote from: 1785
Of course, I cited this forum in the acknowledgments list on the powerpoint presentation...

Of course!  :)

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 54 queries.