Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Will a computer ever write Beatles songs?  (Read 897 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Will a computer ever write Beatles songs?
« on: February 14, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »

I mean with the advancements in AI we are seeing and which are expected to grow exponentially in the near future, is it possible we'll have a "synthetic Beatles" catalog of music?  That is, a computer program which can piece the individual Beatles together and create songs that would sound exactly like something they could have created?  Would you buy something like this?  Well, no, you'd listen to it for free.  But what do you think about a Technologically Simulated Artificial Beatles?

I think it would be an interesting experiment but would probably create more sound alike stuff that already exists in their music catalog than anything unexpectedly new in sound and theme.  Not sure that an AI program could account for further development of an artist.  It probably could only work with existing recordings but could not predict future ones (that might sound a lot different just because of the artist's eventual growth and direction).

Computer Created Beatles Music?  What a strange future we have to look forward to if this really comes about.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 35 queries.