Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Present  (Read 29102 times)

Swine

• A Beginning
Re: The Present
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »

Quote from: 1915
Well it seems I've missed quite a bit of dialog, so I will attempt to respond to each person who directed something toward me.

you ignored me again
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »

john said he did not want to be seen as a prophet...he also stated there were no great messages hidden in his songs...
read up on what lennon thought..this topic would have turned his stomach.....like it did mine.. ??)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:28 AM »

http://www.beatlesebooks.com/not-a-second-time
john wrote.....Jesus El Pifico, a garlic-eating, stinking little yellow, greasy fascist bastard catholic Spaniard." (A Spaniard in the Works, p.14).  but that doesn't mean he was godless.....here is a site for people who read to much into lennons lyrics...http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/lennon.htm
he was just crafty with words...he loved to confuse intellectuals..or the self proclaimed ones mostly....

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2009, 05:53:08 AM »

Quote from: 1789

you ignored me again

I'm sorry Swine, but I haven't noticed you directing an argument or a question to me.  Please clarify what you think I am ignoring.   :)

Quote from: 284
john said he did not want to be seen as a prophet...he also stated there were no great messages hidden in his songs...
read up on what lennon thought..this topic would have turned his stomach.....like it did mine..

You're probably right about John not wanting to been seen as a prophet or interpreted.  That doesn't mean that he wasn't a prophet.

Quote from: 284
he was just crafty with words...he loved to confuse intellectuals..or the self proclaimed ones mostly....

Yes, he shredded everyone in the realm of the mind games.  He was very witty and clever; I love to watch his interviews.  I don't really see what you are trying to prove though.

Do you think that there is no reason to think of The Beatles as prophets?
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Embrace Oneness

BlueMeanie

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2009, 07:45:07 AM »

You're probably right about John not wanting to been seen as a prophet or interpreted.  That doesn't mean that he wasn't a prophet.

Oh dear, oh dear!

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2009, 08:09:43 AM »

interesting thought. so it goes for this too: the fact that you dont want to be seen as an ignorant twit or interpreted, doesnt mean that you arent an ignorant twit. prophet my ass. and believe me its a big one.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »

Quote from: 748
interesting thought. so it goes for this too: the fact that you dont want to be seen as an ignorant twit or interpreted, doesnt mean that you arent an ignorant twit. prophet my a**. and believe me its a big one.

I love you too?  You are right, assertions like this are based entirely on subjective opinion.  Again, I will propose this question to you and anyone else who wants to answer it.

Is there no reason at all to think of The Beatles as prophets?

Embrace Oneness

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2009, 04:53:02 PM »

My dictionary gives seven definations of a prophet and:
No, no, no, ummmm no, no, no, lets see.....thinking...thinking................no.

Thing is, I can go out and buy a brush, some paints and paper and start painting me a picture, and hey ho I'm an artist. And someone can say "look, an artist." And they would be right. Just that I'm a particularly sh*t one.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »

No. They are/were musicians and songwriters. That's it. Whatever it is that you're hearing was not written for your benefit, it was put there by your own imagination. Is John Denver a prophet? Donny Osmond? John Bon Jovi? The Singing Nun? (better skip that one). You get my point? No, you probably don't.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »

Quote from: 483

No. They are/were musicians and songwriters. That's it. Whatever it is that you're hearing was not written for your benefit, it was put there by your own imagination. Is John Denver a prophet? Donny Osmond? John Bon Jovi? The Singing Nun? (better skip that one). You get my point? No, you probably don't.

Surely Bob Dylan was a prophet no? Be reasonable man!  ;)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »

JT, maybe you are a prophet? Look, you are opening our eyes, we are beginning to see the light...Are you a special person? What are you by profession? (may I ask?)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »

Quote from: 1393
JT, maybe you are a prophet? Look, you are opening our eyes, we are beginning to see the light...Are you a special person? What are you by profession? (may I ask?)

Opening whose eyes? I'm nearly asleep. ;D

I wish he'd written the book, then we could say his profession was probably the leader of the church of the latter day Propheteers!! Boom! Boom!!

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2009, 10:54:41 PM »

the beatles are not prophets as you and timmy leary have hoped...they sing about relationships and wonderings...a prophet knows where they are going usually...in some cases they don't...but the beatles were not promblem solvers...what have they eradicated in your personal life?what direction were they sending us in?????
there is a heavy responsibility that goes with being a prophet..if you steer people in the wrong direction you can lose all face...john had said countless times his songs were not wrote for someone to live by because what worked for him might not work for someone else...and if you can declare the beatle boys as prophets then surely yoko is too....
would you say there are godless prophets??i would but you may not...who determines who prophets are?i would suggest that geronimo tho not a cheif led his people because he was a prohet.......is a prophet and a seer the same thing in your book????
i don't really want to cause too many waves just trying to see what the beatles fixed for you....

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2009, 12:15:04 AM »

I think there was another guy who thought they were prophets. Sometime in the late sixties. Think he caused a bit of trouble too. Some of you may have heard of him.  ::)

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2009, 01:33:42 AM »

Prophet is such a loaded word.  I agree with PC that a prophet usually walks the walk as well as talks the talk.   And John doesn't seem to have considered himself a prophet--pretty emphatically at times.

Maybe he's more in the mode of Zen Buddhist poet Basho who wrote the following famous poem about "The present":

"Old pond

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:02 AM »

Before I say anything, I will again urge you all to read The Beatles section in The Present, as it explains things in a similar and more detailed way that I do.  It is from the perspective of a man who lived through the "first wave" of The Beatles.  The Beatles section is but a small part of the book, which is a very interesting read, but I understand that all of you obviously have a love for The Beatles as you belong to this forum.

Quote from: 1393

Maybe.  I live in a state of bliss and the most fulfilling thing I can do is to show people the way to the path of truth seeking, so that one day, they may find their own path to the truth, and live in a state of bliss and fulfillment.  I am not special from my perspective; I am just a part of the whole, a part of Nature.  I just wish to learn from your perspectives so that I may strengthen mine.  I want to subjectively learn about the universe by experiencing it, as to grow in spirit and love.

You may ask.  I am a full-time student, and a life-long truth seeker.

Quote from: 483
I wish he'd written the book, then we could say his profession was probably the leader of the church of the latter day Propheteers!! Boom! Boom!!

Page 261 of "The Present"

"Gandhi said,

Embrace Oneness

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »

One more thing I would like to add regarding a "new way" to listen to The Beatles.
This is a short excerpt from the Beatles section of "The Present."

'The sign: There is a sign in their songs to let us know the songs are not just a love song to a girl. The sign is the word "friend" which is not a way that you would address a girl you are singing a love song too.

Example: The song:

Embrace Oneness

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »

JT, you seem to be a nice person, very agreeable and kind, but, unfortunately, you are under the influence, which is impossible to lift. You have imagined things to youself and have let them under your skin, and apparently have lived with them for quite a time. False as the assertions are, they are your life. So, stay with them, if it suits you, if it comforts you and gives you serenity and peace of mind. You have found your equilibrium, equanimity. And I wouldn`t like you to be left without it. Good luck!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2009, 09:38:52 PM »

Wow seriously without sounding too rude, but this is all a load of baloney, you seem like a nice guy but all those 4 men were doing was singing about everyday things like love, friendship, octopus's .........  ;D ;D ;D

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »

^ can't forget the walruses too!  There you go, I Am the Walrus a song that was written partially because people tried to find some hidden meaning behind their songs!  ALL THE PROOF I NEED!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 85 queries.