Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 203

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 336491 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #1800 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »

Going to be in the single digits tomorrow and tomorrow night, and my son is going on a "zero hero" Boy Scout campout. Brrrrr! I helped him pack about a zillion layers to wear, plus some hand- and foot-warmer packets and a whole-head-cover hat, etc. etc. Since he's a new Scout, he and his friend were going to sleep in an outbuilding, but he just told me they now want to sleep in a tent. I kind of wish he hadn't told me that! He's only 12, and it's hard to let go.   :'( 
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1801 on: November 22, 2013, 11:56:49 PM »

Going to be in the single digits tomorrow and tomorrow night, and my son is going on a "zero hero" Boy Scout campout. Brrrrr! I helped him pack about a zillion layers to wear, plus some hand- and foot-warmer packets and a whole-head-cover hat, etc. etc. Since he's a new Scout, he and his friend were going to sleep in an outbuilding, but he just told me they now want to sleep in a tent. I kind of wish he hadn't told me that! He's only 12, and it's hard to let go.   :'( 

Real Boy Scouts camp out in tents.  It looks like you've provided him with everything necessary to keep him warm.  Tell him not to let the others see the hand and foot warmers.

You didn't mention the most important thing to take along.   This is what happens if one forgets...

The Little Rascals - Something To Eat

That's the best jelly I ever eated.
I can stay till it's time to go

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1802 on: November 23, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »

But that's the fun of it! He will be looked after.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

KelMar

« Reply #1803 on: November 23, 2013, 03:03:43 AM »

He's only 12, and it's hard to let go.   :'(

I understand completely. That's about how old my son was when he went to Rail Camp, all the way in Scranton, PA. That's a long, long way from here and I was quite bereft for a bit. He did great though and it was a wonderful opportunity for him. I'll never forget this one kid. They had a picnic for us when we went to pick my son up and this boy's mother were sitting at out table. She had the audacity to ask him if he remembered all his dirty laundry. Well, I've never since such glowering in my life and I've been glowered at plenty. I thought about it though, from his perspective and to him it probably sounded like, "Did you remember your underwear?" ...in front of strangers! Let us know how your boy does Kathy. I'm sure he'll be fine.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #1804 on: November 23, 2013, 03:20:49 AM »

She's a Keeshond/Lab mix we rescued when living in GA.

She's so pretty and soft-looking! There's nothing like the love of a dog, that's for sure.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1805 on: November 23, 2013, 03:27:08 AM »

Did you pack him something sharp to play with? Like an axe or a knife?!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1806 on: November 23, 2013, 03:30:18 AM »

She's so pretty and soft-looking! There's nothing like the love of a dog, that's for sure.
She is actually very upset with me in this picture. I took her to the groomers and left her there for three whole hours! She wouldn't even look at the camera! Lol! She went in the house and slept the whole afternoon before she got over it!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #1807 on: November 23, 2013, 03:45:51 AM »

But she forgave you after her nap, I'm sure.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1808 on: November 23, 2013, 03:57:58 AM »

But she forgave you after her nap, I'm sure.
Always!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1809 on: November 23, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »

That's about how old my son was when he went to Rail Camp, all the way in Scranton, PA.

What's Rail Camp?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1810 on: November 23, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »

I'll never forget this one kid. They had a picnic for us when we went to pick my son up and this boy's mother were sitting at out table. She had the audacity to ask him if he remembered all his dirty laundry. Well, I've never since such glowering in my life and I've been glowered at plenty.

I can only imagine! I bet that mom learned her lesson.   ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1811 on: November 23, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »

Real Boy Scouts camp out in tents.  It looks like you've provided him with everything necessary to keep him warm.  Tell him not to let the others see the hand and foot warmers.

You didn't mention the most important thing to take along.   This is what happens if one forgets...

It's funny you mentioned that, because he (my son) and his buddy were actually in charge of buying the troop's food for the weekend. Fortunately, they had guidance from the Scout leaders, so they won't all end up eating gummy candies and Ding Dongs. 

That was a cute Little Rascals clip!

KelMar

« Reply #1812 on: November 23, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »

Here comes the snow...doo din doo doo.

KelMar

« Reply #1813 on: November 23, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »

What's Rail Camp?

Looks like they aren't doing it in Scranton any more but this is the gist of it:

http://www.nrhs.com/program/railcamp

I guess Kyle was a little older than 12 but it was still his first time that far away from home!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1814 on: November 23, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »

Looks like they aren't doing it in Scranton any more but this is the gist of it:

I guess Kyle was a little older than 12 but it was still his first time that far away from home!
The camp sounds great! My across the street neighbor(took the pic of my house in the snow) is a train buff! So much so he's now the conductor and maintenance worker on the N. Conway railroad here in NH. he's an incredible artist as well drawing trains etc... He sells them at the station.
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #1815 on: November 23, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »

The camp sounds great! My across the street neighbor(took the pic of my house in the snow) is a train buff! So much so he's now the conductor and maintenance worker on the N. Conway railroad here in NH. he's an incredible artist as well drawing trains etc... He sells them at the station.

I'm sure he and my son would have a lot to talk about. When he was younger he was obsessed. He had a scanner and he knew just when to take off on his bike, and then later,and further, in the truck to the tracks. Then there were the videos, DVDs, books, train excursions, etc. I just can't imagine being that obsessed with anything. Oh, wait....yeah I can. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1816 on: November 23, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »

I just can't imagine being that obsessed with anything. Oh, wait....yeah I can. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

ha2ha

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #1817 on: November 23, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »

So so sunny! Almost too hot for my liking but we don't get much sun during the year as it is, so can't really complain

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1818 on: November 24, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »

I see.  Nothing like that around here.  I was a waiter at a sleepaway camp.  Other summers we just played on the streets, opening fire hydrants and waiting for the Good Humor man. 

During the 1964-5 World's Fair we used to sneak in under the fence by the swamp.  We got to the Fair by sneaking onto the Long Island Railroad and running from car to car dodging the conductors.  We also used to put coins in the tracks and let the trains squash them.  That's the closest thing to Rail Camp that I did.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:18:49 AM by Hello Goodbye »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1819 on: November 24, 2013, 02:01:03 AM »

It's funny you mentioned that, because he (my son) and his buddy were actually in charge of buying the troop's food for the weekend. Fortunately, they had guidance from the Scout leaders, so they won't all end up eating gummy candies and Ding Dongs. 

That was a cute Little Rascals clip!

I bet they'll also get a lot of junk food to take along.  Camping is no fun without good stuff like that to eat.

I never heard of Ding Dongs.  We have Ring Dings around here.  They're probably similar.  Healthy nourishment!  The best cake I ever eated.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 203

Page created in 0.848 seconds with 75 queries.