Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Bar Just Got Raised!  (Read 5747 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The Bar Just Got Raised!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 04:11:44 PM »

So, are we "quite done" with this "lunacy", my fellow "posters"?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 04:13:58 PM »

Quote from: RICKENBACKER325

We know Kevin that not all Brits think this way. Apple sauce is just starving for attention. There are Great bands from both sides of the pond, hence that's why we are on this Beatles board together. I did say I liked some of Oasis songs however few and far apart they maybe, but for Apple sauce try to convince us they are the greatest thing since "sliced bread" is absurd. You did mention some truly great bands. The Beach boys will always be one of my favorites. So cheers to you (Rickenbacker raise's his glass of guinness) And the rest of the UK rock and roll bretheren!

And cheers to you. Mineral water I'm afraid. (I'm at work)
don't follow leaders

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 10:55:34 PM »

You seem to have confused "crying" with posting my thoughts on what a great band "Oasis" is. Obviously you can't see the light so it's time to move on to another subject that may not offend your great taste in music?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2005, 12:25:47 AM »

Quote from: apple_sauce
Well I guess that you haven't listened to their new cd "Don't Believe The Truth"! Because it just might be the best cd "Oasis" has ever made and quite possibly the best music presently available out there!

I have listened to it quite a bit.  Several songs seemed stand out to me, notably "Part of the Que" and "Let there Be Love", but it seemed pretty typical of them.  I do like your attack of the others objectivity, despite the fact that you yourself are so blindly devoted to Oasis.

And TK, if you like Jet as much as you say you do, I'm suprised you don't like some of Oasis' early stuff.  

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2005, 01:25:47 AM »

You seem to have confused "crying" with posting my thoughts on what a great band "Oasis" is. Obviously you can't see the light so it's time to move on to another subject that may not offend your great taste in music?

No confusion, just stating the obvious. Trust me my taste has never been called into question, your's however, well that's another story. You just made silly statements about how Oasis was better than several bands that just was not true. Then you wanted to make things personal, by the way Eienstien, do you even know what the "short bus" is?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2005, 01:28:27 AM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun

And TK, if you like Jet as much as you say you do, I'm suprised you don't like some of Oasis' early stuff.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2005, 01:41:04 AM »

Yeah I figured tracks like "Rock and Roll Star"  would appeal to you as a Jet fan.  They however never did anything for me.  Mars Volta is a little too intense for my tastes too.  Modest Mouse I can handle.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:32 PM »

Actually I believe it's the stereotyping of what the "handicapped" and "mentally challanged" use for transportation and God help you if your struck down by a stroke and I see you on the short bus my boy.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 10:50:50 PM »

"Herecomesyourson" I'm blindly devoted to "Oasis" because they beat all the odds by breaking out of "Manchester" and forming the number one band in the "UK" back in the 90s! Most people including some of the people on this site dismiss them as a "Beatles" wanabee band which I can see. Unfortunatley they haven't got the slightest clue of how talented this band really is. Yes "Don't Believe The Truth" has some excellent songs on it. Rarely do you find a cd with so may great songs on it in this day and age! The Importance Of Being Idle and Mucky Fingers are also great songs!

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2005, 03:47:37 AM »

Actually I believe it's the stereotyping of what the "handicapped" and "mentally challanged" use for transportation and God help you if your struck down by a stroke and I see you on the short bus my boy.

Damn! That's the first thing you've said thats right.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2005, 11:38:50 AM »

Thanks I think?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2005, 04:26:49 PM »

"Herecomesyourson" I'm blindly devoted to "Oasis" because they beat all the odds by breaking out of "Manchester" and forming the number one band in the "UK" back in the 90s! Most people including some of the people on this site dismiss them as a "Beatles" wanabee band which I can see. Unfortunatley they haven't got the slightest clue of how talented this band really is. Yes "Don't Believe The Truth" has some excellent songs on it. Rarely do you find a cd with so may great songs on it in this day and age! The Importance Of Being Idle and Mucky Fingers are also great songs!

I thought Mucky Fingers was forgettable.  One song I thought that souinded really good was Love Like a Bomb, but on my copy the song cuts out after 17 seconds.  And I can think of lots of CD's coming out these days that are consistently better than this one, though like I say, I enjpyed it.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2005, 01:34:50 AM »

Yea most people don't get that song the first couple of times through. How "loud" were you listening to it? I think you will have to search a bit harder to find a better cd than "Don't Believe The Truth" presently available. Even "Oasis" fans are having a bit of a hard time adjusting to some of the songs? If you don't think "Turn Up The Sun" is a full out assult on your senses, you must be dead from the neck up! Nice intro, followed by Zak's drums and then Liam singing above it all! This song rocks! I think most people are listening to this cd a a reduced volume level which ruins the effect of the songs.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2005, 01:38:23 AM »

Would you be able to share with me some of the cds which you feel are better than this one presently available? I'd like to listen to some quality music that's better than this cd?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2005, 02:14:03 AM »

If your eye site is anything close to your musical tastes, I dont think i'll have anything to worry about.

Oasis, better musicians than Kansas,,,LOL!!! Still a knee slapper.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2005, 02:15:15 AM »

Would you be able to share with me some of the cds which you feel are better than this one presently available? I'd like to listen to some quality music that's better than this cd?

Start with this one.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2005, 03:18:55 PM »

Yea other than a "Beatle" which we have allready agreed was the best band of all time. Something from younger artists?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »

hey apple sauce, lets say Liam and Noel broke up, and Noel wanted to keep Oasis going.  You think Robbie Williams would be a good fit?  I do.  

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

Robbie Williams is probebly the only other artist presently performing with "MORE PERSONA" than Liam! He's a showman's showman! If you saw him at the live 8 concert you will know what I'm talking about! He's worth every penny of the 200 million Sony paid him!!!! He's a great front man that would take Liam's place in a second! Arrogant, cocky, handsome, what's not to like?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2005, 12:24:44 AM »

wow I'm suprised you like the idea.  I was thinking if the boys keep getting in their little squabbles Noel may need a new frontman.  Robbie Williams is a guilty pleasure of mine, I'm suprised he's not more popular here in the states.  His Live 8 was excellent, the whole crowd singing Angels and Feel was the best audience participation of the night, including the Hey Jude chorus.  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 81 queries.