Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Yoko, what a joko  (Read 15767 times)

Yoko, what a joko
« on: September 17, 2004, 06:25:53 PM »

This is my first time to these boards, and I have been looking at John Lennon pages all morning. As I was browsing i came across the usual, Tribute Pages, Conspiracy Theory (which is pretty fascinating), and other Beatles/Lennon information. While browsing around i found an old clip from a newspaper about a woman complaining about seeing an ad in Rolling Stone of John and Yoko's backsides on a Vodka ad. This is blatant abusive advertising done on Yoko's part to get more money. This p*sses me off to no end, because ever since i have been into the Beatles and thier solo work (and i am only 20 but have listened to them and grown more fond of thier music over the past 15 years) i have never liked Yoko Ono. Everyone can see that once John found Yoko, something inside of him changed. He unknowingly married a woman who said she "didnt know Beatles" but after he dies, keeps on using his name to reap in the bounty. I cant respect that, and i would think that anyone who really enjoyed and liked John Lennon would feel intense animosity towards Yoko Ono. i have read the Beatles Anthology book and you can read it in there how the other Beatles felt about her showing up. She broke up the Beatles, and they all say that it was going downhill and whatever, but once she got there, that was it. You can almost see Yoko with John in bed or wherever whispering "you dont need them, you are John Lennon" and we all know that he was an egomaniac. I respect him, I love his music, but he was brainwashed by this Japanese harlot, who was also older than he was, and women can mess with a man's head like no other thing. Yoko has no solo career, she was a nobody until she got with John Lennon, then all of a sudden it was John and Yoko. I think in reality it was more Yoko and John. I cant believe that she has the nerve to do this kind of thing, living off his name and his legend. If she had actually done anything worthwhile without him, then i wouldnt care. but seeing her do these kind of things, using his name for her own purposes is really rude and sad. John Lennon was too great of a man to be subjigated to this kind of treatment.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Yoko, what a joko
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 06:45:35 PM »

You sound like just another Yoko basher.

She can market John in whatever way she wants, small potatoes, it don't matter, calm down, relax, breathe and don't get angry about things that don't harm you.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 06:49:23 PM »

I really don't think Yoko is all that bad. :::hides:::
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »

[quote by=Stoneus link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095445553,s=0 date=1095445553]i would think that anyone who really enjoyed and liked John Lennon would feel intense animosity towards Yoko Ono. [/quote]

And you would be wrong.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 07:31:43 PM »

Yoko annoys me, but I don't think she broke up the Beatles.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 07:37:11 PM »

I saw that vodka advert that yoko put forward. im sure john wouldnt have agreed with it. especially since a drink driver killed his mum.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 11:58:03 PM »

[quote by=Kiss_My_Bad_Self link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095445553,s=5 date=1095449831]I saw that vodka advert that yoko put forward. im sure john wouldnt have agreed with it. especially since a drink driver killed his mum.
[/quote]

Funny then how he drank light a draught horse himself while ingesting everything up to heroin.

I don't really think the two are related.

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 02:50:37 PM »

yeah maybe not. i still dont like yoko though. she trades of Johns name to much
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 03:34:43 PM »

we are entitled not to like Yoko. JOHn was the one who liked her, and that's what matters.
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 10:07:20 PM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095445553,s=8 date=1095521683] we are entitled not to like Yoko. JOHn was the one who liked her, and that's what matters.[/quote]

very well said. you say people who really like and respect john lennon wouldn't like yoko...well, if john was alive i don't think he'd appreciate that. john loved her and she made him happy, so i have no problem with her. i feel so sad that she lost him. put yourself in her shoes
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 05:55:52 AM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095445553,s=8 date=1095521683] we are entitled not to like Yoko. JOHn was the one who liked her, and that's what matters.[/quote]

I agree with both sadies ;-)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »

Quote from: Stoneus
[...] i have read the Beatles Anthology book and you can read it in there how the other Beatles felt about her showing up. She broke up the Beatles, and they all say that it was going downhill and whatever, but once she got there, that was it. [...]
Interesting ... however, I still think it was Paul who hurried up with the infamous interview included in the McCartney album for the press ... after that there was no possible reunion, tho George and Ringo still thought (and said that) it was possible to record an album together by late 1970 and that that was not the end of the band  ::) ... maybe John thought it too, when he said that he had released 4 discs in 1969 and he hadn't said anything about a break-up ... open door?  8)

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 03:47:47 AM »

I like Yoko.
I admit it.

John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 04:00:12 AM »

eh, she did so much for john and i commend her for that but i just find her annoying. shes just like that girl that hangs around your best friend in high school that hes into but no one else can stand her.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 09:04:56 AM »

Quote from: 297
maybe John thought it too, when he said that he had released 4 discs in 1969 and he hadn't said anything about a break-up ... open door?  8)

Not in public, no. But after Abbey Road, John's Beatles days were over and he had told his bandmates.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 09:09:49 PM »

I think they didn't believe him (tho their own stories later say something different) ... hadn't he said by that time that he was Christ reborn? ::) ... after all, Paul, George and Ringo recorded I Me Mine in January 1970 (good George's line, that day:

George: You all will have read that ah... Dave Dee is
        no longer with us. But Micky and Tich and I
        would just like to carry on the good work
        that's always gone down in number two.

Reference to John, absent at this session (holidaying in Denmark), George is carrying on with Ringo and Paul to record his own song.

No 2 is Studio 2 at Abbey Road.

Of course, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich was another group of the era, so Dave Dee is John, Mick and Tich are Paul and Ringo (which is which?) and George is either Dozy or Beaky.

from here: http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/wgo.htm)

... and by then John gave the tapes of the Get Back project to Phil Spector to make a "new" album of "the band"... I think that the door was still open for everybody and for everything ... untill Paul's anouncement ... anyway, it's only what I think and I know we've discuss this here :) :
http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-cc/m-1112105202/s-75/

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 07:09:59 PM »

Yoko Ono Cut Piece
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXSjFB08C8&amp;NR" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXSjFB08C8&amp;NR</a>

Yoko Ono - Can you spot her in this 1967 newsreel?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdQvV7yCT3w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdQvV7yCT3w</a>

I'm still shocked because of the latter!  :o

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »

Quote from todays Sun (not known for its journalistic integrity):

ONO, I LOVE HIM
Yoko Ono has admitted she "regretted" falling in love with Beatle John Lennon.
Yoko - 73 - whose husband was murdered in 1980 - said " We sacrificed a lot for it. John was laughed at for being in love with me. And I think I was discredited as an artist."
But she told a US magazine: "It was the greatest thing that happened to me."
don't follow leaders

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 01:57:23 PM »

Discredited as an artist? Artist of What??????????? :-/

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 03:15:07 PM »

Quote from: 593
Discredited as an artist? Artist of What??????????? :-/

Take a look at these clips and laugh or whatever you want! ;)
Quote from: 297
Yoko Ono Cut Piece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXSjFB08C8&NR

Yoko Ono - Can you spot her in this 1967 newsreel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdQvV7yCT3w
[...]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 1.608 seconds with 89 queries.